Where to buy Kingsong 840?

kenmalecki

Hi. I've been riding Ninebot One's for a while, and interested in getting a Kingsong 14 840, as I'm 200lbs and would like more power/speed. I'm in the US. Can anyone tell me the best site to buy from? I Googled and found electricunicyclereviews.com. Is that a good source?

Thanks! Ken M

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, kenmalecki said:

Hi. I've been riding Ninebot One's for a while, and interested in getting a Kingsong 14 840, as I'm 200lbs and would like more power/speed. I'm in the US. Can anyone tell me the best site to buy from? I Googled and found electricunicyclereviews.com. Is that a good source?

Thanks! Ken M

My advice for that wheel........... ewheels.com/shop

In stock, "Ultra Version", based in Florida, delivered in 3-5 days, priced right, reliable, excellent/fast customer service, in stock, and did I happen to mention IN STOCK!!!!!!! :-)

I'll add though, electricunicyclereviews.com is also an excellent source.  Looking at their website, looks as though it may be a few weeks before they will have the model you're looking for on hand.  You could easily contact Will and find out more.  Both US based companies are very well versed at what they do and you can TOTALLY rely on their efforts to meet your needs!!!!!!!

8 hours ago, kenmalecki said:

Thanks! Ken M

Ken, contact @Jason McNeil here on the forums (ewheels.com). He has them in stock and knows his stuff. 

Thanks all for the great info!

Another question if I may -

do you all think it's worth waiting for the 16 or 18 inch versions?  I have a few cheaper 14 inch EUC's, and the difference in ride between them an the 16 inch Ninebot One's is significant. I can only imagine how smooth an 18 inch EUC would be. Thanks again!

Ken M

My opinion.................depends on how long you're willing to wait.  

I, personally, am not considering the KS 16" due to at this time, I simply do not appreciate the way the shell extends so close to the ground.  They may change this before release, but it's one of those things that I'm not gonna hold my breath for. Guess time will tell that!

I've done, as well as others have, a KS 18" 680wh review so you can check it out to see more detail about it if you haven't already.  I believe it may be difficult to secure the 840wh version though until another shipment comes in about May or so.  Again, you could contact Will at electricunicyclereviews.com and he may still have his last reserve unit available due in his upcoming February shipment. If choosing the 18", it WILL BE a smoother ride (compare driving over bumps in a truck vs a compact car), top cruising speed will likely be the same or maybe even slightly less, and you really, at 200 lbs would benefit from the larger 840wh battery. 

If speed and power are your cravings, and.......... time is of the essence, I'd go with @Jason McNeil and the KS 14 "Ultra" version from ewheels.com as I mentioned yesterday, early this morning, or whenever the heck it was (hahaha)! You'd be riding with more power and speed than on anything EU you've mentioned you currently own!

And again............you'd be enjoying those pleasures in 3-5 days!  :-)

2 hours ago, kenmalecki said:

Thanks all for the great info!

Another question if I may -

do you all think it's worth waiting for the 16 or 18 inch versions?  I have a few cheaper 14 inch EUC's, and the difference in ride between them an the 16 inch Ninebot One's is significant. I can only imagine how smooth an 18 inch EUC would be. Thanks again!

Ken M

Ken, its hard to give advice on this. Bigger diameter wheels will be a smoother ride but i believe there are less manouvarable. There is a thread on the forum where two 18" owners stated that their 18" kingsongs are more manouverable than 14", but in my heart i still dont believe that :) To each his own - if you are planning to buy only one wheel in the near future then you need to choose which size fits you better. If you want smoother rides over bad pavement with not many people around and dont need to constantly manouver, then maybe 16 and 18 is better for you. If you want a more portable lighter device you are planning to bring inside restaurants, buildings, public transport etc, then 14 may be the way to go as it will fit everywhere, as opposed to 18". 1200w 18" can do 40kmh though ( per kingsong) so if thats your cup of tea, then maybe get 18" . 

Also consider the fact that we now know more about 14" than 16 or 18 - in that sense 14" is a surer bet.16 and 18" will be available soon, so if you can wait - make an educated choice. @Jason McNeil will have all these sizes in stock, and if its 16 or 18 i am sure you can preorder with him, so if i were you id think for a couple more days to be sure which one you need and then order. As far as myself, i might get another kingsong, and will probably go for 18 over 16 as i already have a 14" wheels and will opt for an experience that is on the other side of the spectrum, rather than get something very similar to what i have now. Maybe later when people review 16" more i will get that too. Let us know if you have more questions, or even better if you can find someone who has 16 and 18" wheels to try it out.

Sweet M and Cloud,

Thanks so much for the great info. This forum is great. I succumbed to impulse and ordered a 14 840 from Jason, and both an 16 840 and an 18 840 from Will. Jason has already sent the FedEx tracking number, and I should have the 14 next week!  Will seems to have an 18 coming in February, and then the 16 will probably arrive in May.

Now that my tax refund is already spent, I'll have plenty of time to ride :). I'll be sure to post reviews as I get them.

Thanks again!

Ken M

1 hour ago, kenmalecki said:

Sweet M and Cloud,

Thanks so much for the great info. This forum is great. I succumbed to impulse and ordered a 14 840 from Jason, and both an 16 840 and an 18 840 from Will. Jason has already sent the FedEx tracking number, and I should have the 14 next week!  Will seems to have an 18 coming in February, and then the 16 will probably arrive in May.

Now that my tax refund is already spent, I'll have plenty of time to ride :). I'll be sure to post reviews as I get them.

Thanks again!

Ken M

Ok, you are my new hero. You ordered 3 kingsong wheels Just like that? Awesome!! You just did what everyone else wanted to but didnt have the guts to do. Looking forward to the reviews and comparisons!! 

Ordered from both guys huh? Man, you would have made a great politician  :) get the best of both world! Congrats!!!

I am excited.

You're most welcome @kenmalecki!!!  

We've all gained so much experience from the great minds on this forum and it's mostly from them that I even know what little i know!

I think you'll find that all 3 EUs will have their subtle differences that'll meet your needs under a variety of circumstances!

You're basically headed to EU Heaven!!!!!!! :-)

On 31 January 2016 at 9:07 PM, kenmalecki said:

Sweet M and Cloud,

Thanks again!

Ken M

Wow, I'm really impressed. You do realise, of course, that you are now morally obliged to give us a blow by blow comparison of all three wheels once you have them ;-) 

There will be large numbers of people hanging on your every word whilst racked with jealousy!

Thanks all!

I will absolutely post my experiences. I'm crazy excited to have found King Song. They seem to be pretty solid EUC's. The extra power and duration will be a nice change over earlier EUC's with my 200lb body :).

I did receive the KS 14 840 this week from Jason. I sent him the ISN code and he sent an unlock code. Unfortunately I can't get it to work. Then Jason sent a second unlock code, and that didn't work either. When I type the code into the Settings page and try to press Agree, nothing happens. And I can't change the speed parameters from the standard 18/19/20/20 to 28/29/30/30. I'm using the latest version of the IOS app. Can anyone help?

I also can't get music playing from the phone to the wheel. Bluetooth connects, and my iPhone shows the wheel connected, but no audio goes to the wheel. That's certainly not as important a feature as the unlock code, but it would be nice to have.

Thanks!

Ken M

Hi Ken, I don't know if you received the other email I sent:

"That's very strange, we've not had issues with codes before. Is it not saving the updated speed values in the App? A couple forum users have created a code generator, or a version of the App which doesn't require a code"

2 hours ago, kenmalecki said:

I did receive the KS 14 840 this week from Jason. I sent him the ISN code and he sent an unlock code. Unfortunately I can't get it to work. Then Jason sent a second unlock code, and that didn't work either. When I type the code into the Settings page and try to press Agree, nothing happens. And I can't change the speed parameters from the standard 18/19/20/20 to 28/29/30/30. I'm using the latest version of the IOS app. Can anyone help?

Try this and tell me if it works:   http://kingsongunlocker.github.io/

EDIT: Oh right, didn't notice that Jason already posted it above :D 

EDIT2: ...And now noticed that Jason posted the link to the Java-version. The above works directly in browser.

Sometimes the app has to be reset (stopped from running in the background and then restarted) @kenmalecki or it won't register any input (or at least my Android version is like that).  Not sure how familiar you are with the processes so forgive me if I'm sharing things are are too basic.  

Make sure that the app is ready for a "fresh start" then type in your ISN and generated unlock code (there are thousands of codes that are possible to work so either of them that @Jason McNeil provided you should be ok).  You've likely attempted this several times, but again, not sure of your current level of understanding?  

I just got my unit Weds and used the forum's code generator to get the unlock code and all went fine!  If you're certain that you're following the correct sequencing to connect your BT and App, not sure what else the issue may be......................... If you're not certain, as I absolutely was not when I first ventured in to this EU world, holla back and we'll go through it with ya!  :-)

4 hours ago, kenmalecki said:

I also can't get music playing from the phone to the wheel. Bluetooth connects, and my iPhone shows the wheel connected, but no audio goes to the wheel. That's certainly not as important a feature as the unlock code, but it would be nice to have.

Thanks!

Ken M

I can't help with the ISN code as I have the mark1 wheel which is fixed at max 25kph (fast enough for me :-)). However, someone wil correct me if I'm wrong but I'm sure your wheel, like mine, has two Bluetooth transceivers:

1) turns on when you turn the wheel power on. This connects to the app and communicates ride changes, speed, etc. It DOES NOT handle music.

2) Connects using the 'Bluetooth' button. The wheel does not need to be turned on. Actually turning this on can be a bit fiddly; pressing the Bluetooth button lights the blue light but doesn't turn on the Bluetooth (!). You have to press it twice in quick succession, when it says "Power on" then the music Bluetooth is on. Connect via the Bluetooth settings on your phone and your music will play.

i have to confess I'm not too keen on the attention, playing music gets while wheeling (although Deep Purple's Highway Star really works well ;-) ) So I'm more prone to using my KingSong as a Bluetooth speaker when I'm in my garden shed!

An update -

I did have some success, unfortunately with the less important issue. I was able to get Bluetooth from the Wheel to the iPhone working, and now able to play music to the Wheel. If nothing else, I now have a nice Bluetooth speaker :). As Keith said, it is really tricky getting the timing right pressing the Bluetooth button on the Wheel. It seems to work best with a long press (2 sec), a 2 sec pause, then a short tap. Once I got that down, I can activate Bluetooth most tries.

The speed setting remains a mystery. I won't be able to try the Android tablet until I return in two weeks. Hopefully that will do it. Fingers crossed. I'll report back in two weeks.

36 minutes ago, kenmalecki said:

An update -

I did have some success, unfortunately with the less important issue. I was able to get Bluetooth from the Wheel to the iPhone working, and now able to play music to the Wheel. If nothing else, I now have a nice Bluetooth speaker :). As Keith said, it is really tricky getting the timing right pressing the Bluetooth button on the Wheel. It seems to work best with a long press (2 sec), a 2 sec pause, then a short tap. Once I got that down, I can activate Bluetooth most tries.

The speed setting remains a mystery. I won't be able to try the Android tablet until I return in two weeks. Hopefully that will do it. Fingers crossed. I'll report back in two weeks.

Where did you get the isn number you are using to get the unlock code? 

On 2/6/2016 at 10:48 AM, kenmalecki said:

An update -

In my experience @kenmalecki and/or anyone else having this issue...................... 

when turning BT on:

1. Press/release the button (this will tun the BT light on),

2. Press/hold and the light will begin to blink.  

3. Release during the "on" phase of the blink (the light will remain on and solid)

4. Simply press/release again.  Should come on every time as you'll hear "power on" voiced..........

when turning BT off:

1. Press/hold and the light will begin to blink.  

2. Release during the "off" phase of the blink.  Should go off every time without any audible voice....... (assuming your timing is good......hahaha)!

YOU'LL FEEL LIKE YOU'RE MAGIC!!!!!!!  :-)

4 hours ago, kenmalecki said:

In the IOS app.

i get the impression most/all of you use Andriod, not IOS?

In the app...is it the numbers on the list of numbers when you are trying to connect to the wheel through connect button? Or the one shown as the isn in another window? If it is the former, you need to reverse the number to get the actual isn

Archived