KS16S last firmware 1.02? Why?

Rotator

Anyone with KS16S since september 2017 of before has firmware versión higher than 1.02?

I have a KS16S from september 2017 (first version) with firmware 1.02 (not the serial 'P' chinese version). I am not a fan of upgrading the firmware if it works well, like it is the case.

But I have read that 2.xx firmware versions remove the high pitch noise for the motor, so I've decided to go for it.

All kingsong apps connected to the wheel say that 1.02 is the last version. I am tested several ones, from old apps from 2017 until today, included the softtuner android app.

The only app that offers me the 2.02 version for upgrade is EUC world, but I am a bit scared since the skip from 1.02 to 2.02 it could be a very high jump. I would prefer to upgrade to intermediate versions in several steps. I'm not very sure that the upgrade to 2.02 could be done directly from 1.02 without brick the wheel. I've seen theads about upgrading 1.07 to 1.08, then 1.09 and so on, and it appears to be safer.

May be the wheel is so old (may be first hardware version) that 1.02 is indeed the last firmware for this hardware?

Thank you!!!

13 hours ago, Rotator said:

Anyone with KS16S since september 2017 of before has firmware versión higher than 1.02?

I have an KS16S from 2017-06-09 according to the serial number with FW 2.02 without any problems.

13 hours ago, Rotator said:

All kingsong apps connected to the wheel say that 1.02 is the last version. I am tested several ones, from old apps from 2017 until today, included the softtuner android app.

Afair there were some back and forth and some quirks with the 2.x firmware versions? No idea why they are not anymore on the chinese servers - or they are just down or these firmwares did not manage to survive some eventuell system renewal/movement?

Maybe you find still some comments from these times by googling for

site:forum.electricunicycle.org ks16s fw2

or similar search terms like with fw2.02 brought up much more ?interesting? results...

I got in the results https://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/16892-20-firmware-for-ks-18lxl-is-available/page/12/ which was afair at the same time - fw 2.x for KS16S came shortly after or together with the ks18 fw version?

EUC World has them on own servers - i strongly assume @Seba would not leave some "bad" version on his servers?!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I’m glad you did, it’s a great upgrade, isn’t it! My ‘17 is at 2.09, and I might’ve liked the 2.02 slightly better. I guess I should try to downgrade.

I rode 9000km on the 1.x firmwares, and when they finally came out with v2, I almost felt betraded… Having a silent wheel that feels more powerful would’ve been very welcomed back when I still used the 16S.

If anything, I think EUCw is the safest bet for upgrading any firmware on any wheel atm. If for nothing else, because the creator is here and tends to take care of any issues related to the app usage.

• Like 3