Mango

16 minutes ago, Josiah said:

Thanks Clem!  Does that kickstand have any drawbacks!  Kuji had said that he liked the softness of the mud guard because it won’t hit and knock the wheel away from stair edges.  
this looks so bulky and ridged. Also photos don’t show it installed.  Any thoughts on that or photos with it installed?

No problem! Unfortunately I haven't seen any photos of the kickstand installed on the V13 but if it's an InMotion accessory I assume it couldn't be terrible???

• Like 1

7 hours ago, novazeus said:

$100 for the seat? i'll pass. i wouldn't ride seated anyway. 

Maybe it’s worth it.  
Also smartwheel.ca and top-wheel.com have it for $89 and $92 respectively.  But I’ve never heard of them.  

And yes, Novazeus this is my first wheel.  I’ll stick to the stock nubs.  

E2A65AC6-661A-4BF6-B131-F0CECC90BE21.thumb.jpeg.a7a483d8fb8dcc30a82b3340e017ab17.jpeg

Edited by Josiah
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I can agree that even though the seats are expensive its totally worth it. The way they are shaped to fit the wheel makes it well worth the money. Similarly, for my sherman S the upgraded seat and side pad combo is $100 bucks, seems to be the standard. Of course you can always message aliexpress sellers and try to bargain, I paid $87.

28 minutes ago, novazeus said:

so when do u speculate, a forum member actually getting this wheel?

My local retailer  (eriderz Australia) estimates they'll get stock end of January, so maybe first week of Feb for me. 

19 minutes ago, Eyss said:

My local retailer  (eriderz Australia) estimates they'll get stock end of January, so maybe first week of Feb for me. 

Same here but through Ewheels probably by first week February (Colorado)

Edited by Josiah

11 hours ago, Josiah said:

Are the grip nubs on the petals removable/ changeable?  If so do we know the tread size and where to get pointier more gripping ones.  (May not be necessary but a reviewer did mention they looked a bit soft.)

It looks to me like the v13 pedals' "nubs" are like those on the honeycomb replacement pedals Inmotion offered for the V11 and V12, and I like them a lot. They are grippier than, for instance, the Mten4 stock pedals, but not as grippy as straight-out spikes. They are screw heads that can be raised or lowered a little.

When I first started on the V11, the grip tape pedals were way too slippery. Freemounting requires controlling the wheel at an angle towards your center line. The leverage of the wheel against my shin made it feel like my dominant foot was going to slip outwards off the pedal before I could get the other foot up. The "nubs" eliminated that feeling (a higher dihedral angle helps too) without keeping you from bailing if you need to "exit the vehicle" quickly.

Also, if you get advice not to use pads as a beginner, IMHO, pads are useful, not to "lock your legs in," but to serve as a reference for where to put your feet every time, especially the second foot when freemounting. I use Grizzla Big pads on the V11, but those Flow pads looks really nice!

$0.02

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, novazeus said:

jason said 1st batch sold, but i guess not delivered yet?

I think they were sold and delivered but it was only 30 of them, he said he would be getting in a hundred or so at the end of this month and i am hoping mine will be part of that batch as well. I'm guessing the ones that are already out don't belong to this forum and aren't big on videoing themselves.

• Like 2

At the outset, Denis Hagov doesn't like wheels that are heavier than 40 kg (88 lbs.). He belongs in the camp that thinks a wheel should be light and small enough so that it feels like an extension of your body.

He himself had a riding weight of 110 kg, when he rode the V13.

I still haven't fully assimilated to the Abrams yet, so I still find the width a touch wide, and sluggish at times for slower city commute. Braking is great though. It may be possible that the sweet spot for me could be 40 kg, since I am not big nor heavy. For him, I would have thought something heavier. But then, unlike him, I do want a feeling of a one wheel motorcycle, and not an extension of my body.

I am concerned about the point he brought up regarding too high user input to maintain speeds above 45 km/h. He said it takes a lot of extra effort, and also, the V13 is not as responsive as the Master Pro. He also mentioned the V13 was not sufficiently maneuverable. I know my Abrams can make very sharp 90 degree turns, as I need to do that in my commute. So, I guess I have to verify that when I get on a V13.

He really didn't like the suspension either. So, don't know what is going on there. He said he only could reach a top speed of no higher than 61 km/h because he didn't feel safe. He said even at 61 km/h, he didn't feel safe. If he is right, that would be very bad news. I can comfortably ride at 70 km/h on my V12. I feel safe, and it doesn't wobble.

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

I think they were sold and delivered but it was only 30 of them, he said he would be getting in a hundred or so at the end of this month and i am hoping mine will be part of that batch as well. I'm guessing the ones that are already out don't belong to this forum and aren't big on videoing themselves.

oh i see. somebody posted a photo of a shipping container that had about 30 in it. that must have been the first batch(i'm very familiar with shipping containers, i call them home).

i had it reversed. i thought first batch was 100 and second batch was 30, which doesn't really make sense, but i think i read that somewhere. first batch 30, 2nd batch 100, makes more sense.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, techyiam said:

I am concerned about the point he brought up regarding too high user input to maintain speeds above 45 km/h. He said it takes a lot of extra effort, and also, the V13 is not as responsive as the Master Pro. He also mentioned the V13 was not sufficiently maneuverable. I know my Abrams can make very sharp 90 degree turns, as I need to do that in my commute. So, I guess I have to verify that when I get on a V13.

He really didn't like the suspension either. So, don't know what is going on there. He said he only could reach a top speed of no higher than 61 km/h because he didn't feel safe. He said even at 61 km/h, it didn't feel safe. If he is right, that would be very bad news. I can comfortably ride 70 km/h on my V12. I feel safe, and it doesn't wobble.

Maybe he didn't know the relevant settings? Marty and Dawn also complained a lot on camera before taking time to figure the settings out. Of their trio, Roger (I think) is the only one who withheld judgement until he had figured out all the settings, then seemed to be a lot more positive on the wheel?

Maneuverability: Law Laxina seems lighter than Mr. Hagov, yet he tossed the V13 all around a tiny clear space in the middle of somebody's basement weed dispensary the EUCO studio, on carpet, then went out and zipped around the parking lot every which-a-way. And that dude in Arizona rode it around in tight circles and figure 8's one-legged. How maneuverable does it have to be?

I know it takes a lot of skill to make it look as effortless as they do, but that gives me something to aspire to...

PS: He forgets that powerful motors aren't ONLY for speed. They are also for steep terrain, which makes them a need not a want. He says he wants EUCs to be "like they used to be" (<80 pounds). Then you can't have strong composite shells, IP rated innards, metal frames, big batteries and powerful motors. Gravity isn't negotiable.

PPS: What if InMotion produced a Challenger Ultimate model that replaced most of the structure with carbon fiber for huge weight savings? Hello $20,000 EUC! Nobody would bitch about that...:D

Edited by UPONIT
  • Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, novazeus said:

i agree. golf is a difficult sport. but golfers aren't allowed to make the hole larger than 4.5" or whatever it is for their lack of ability. they just suck at golf, the way i suck at riding a wheel, but i'm probably the best on the planet on a wheel, taking 1000mg of thc daily. 

idk why humans want to modify their wheels because they haven't learned to ride properly yet. so blame the wheel for ur inadequacies.

when i laid over the s22 last evening, i didn't think that the wheel shouldn't be heavier than the s18 i had racked up 50 something miles on already, i knew it was me. 

haha, i was in the club repair business in tampa bay. golfers are notorious about blaming their equipment, and get so mad at it, blaming them for their shitty golf swing, they assault them physically and break them. good for my business. then make up with the club, after i've replaced the shaft and sprinkle magic pixie dust on it(professionals and amateurs alike, u have never seen so many head cases).

i say, learn to ride the wheel as design. they are all different. i've had ks 18s, ks 16s, 9b z10, 9b s2, 9b s1, 9b e+,inmotion v10f, and now these two, all different, but all rideable(except the 9b 16s killed my pronounced ankle bones, maybe a birth defect).

hell, i'm thrilled the manufacturers are finally putting the proper load rated tires on them now! 4 years ago the z10 finally had a tire rated for the load, the profile wasn't to everybody's liking but i saw it for what it was, very maneuverable heavy little short wheel. if i had a decent place to ride, like a tennis court, and i could find a steal on one, even though i think non-suspension wheels will go the way of the buggy whip, i'd still like another z10 just to play with. 

but switching between wheels does play with ur mind and muscle memory. 

if there's any bartenders out there, pour a beer into a glass mug, now the next beer for the customer, pour it into one of those glass looking plastic beer mugs that weigh alot less. pretty funny watching the patron splash his face with beer.

.......I'm one of those.  I own 6 putters and 6 EUCs.  

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, UPONIT said:

Maybe he didn't know the relevant settings? Marty and Dawn also complained a lot on camera before taking time to figure the settings out. Of their trio, Roger (I think) is the only one who withheld judgement until he had figured out all the settings, then seemed to be a lot more positive on the wheel?

You may be right about the 37 mph limit. That's is around 60 km/h. 

Surprised that Denis didn't point out the tilt-back at 60 km/h. That would make all the difference.

30 minutes ago, UPONIT said:

Maneuverability: Law Laxina seems lighter than Mr. Hagov, yet he tossed the V13 all around a tiny clear space in the middle of somebody's basement weed dispensary the EUCO studio, on carpet, then went out and zipped around the parking lot every which-a-way. And that dude in Arizona rode it around in tight circles and figure 8's one-legged. How maneuverable does it have to be?

That is true. Law did make it look maneuverable. Have to try one out myself to see.

Denis is an experienced rider. He has ridden many different wheels too. He is a dealer. It would be surprising that he didn't know about tilt-back on the V13. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1