Mango

2 hours ago, Unicycle Santa said:

Wait... People think its going to ship with pads glued onto it? Thats simply not going to happen :lol:

Yeah it was asked a few times in previous pages (probably because majority of official Inmotion images includes pads), but I'm pretty sure that they'll be not installed, just included in the box as per the mention in the Inmotion reveal video. 

Edited by HEC

1 hour ago, techyiam said:

Is this a V13 without suspension?

I'm not sure about that particular image, but V13 will be shipped with suspension and can be removed by end user, thus converting the wheel to non-suspension version. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HEC said:

I'm not sure about that particular image, but V13 will be shipped with suspension and can be removed by end user, thus converting the wheel to non-suspension version. 

On second thought, it could also be the air chambers are deflated. 

I have only now realised that:

1. The top arch of the rear frame is lower that front one (perhaps because of upcoming seat, which can be already preordered?).

2. Both arches are lower than top of the folded trolley handle, which will likely result in damaged handle if the wheel rolls over the top.

I'm curious what lead Inmotion to such design choices?

16_V13_521b5252-1021-4c68-aa4b-eefcdeaa5803.jpg

A03a261cdf8ec42f6a98409dc026c63e0R.jpg

18 hours ago, HEC said:

I have only now realised that:

1. The top arch of the rear frame is lower that front one (perhaps because of upcoming seat, which can be already preordered?).

2. Both arches are lower than top of the folded trolley handle, which will likely result in damaged handle if the wheel rolls over the top.

16_V13_521b5252-1021-4c68-aa4b-eefcdeaa5803.jpg

From what I understood about the development of the wheel, the trolley handle is an after thought. The seat is an afterthought even after that. (From the teasers from last year there was no trolley handle)

2 hours ago, sunstrong said:

From what I understood about the development of the wheel, the trolley handle is an after thought. The seat is an afterthought even after that. (From the teasers from last year there was no trolley handle)

A 110lb EUC with no trolley handle, that would have gone over well :lol: Now I understand why it looks like its not at all integrated into the wheel, such as the one on the V11. That one pretty much was invisible unless you wanted it to pop up, and it was sturdy and reliable. The one on the V13 definitely looks like an afterthought. 

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Unicycle Santa said:

A 110lb EUC with no trolley handle, that would have gone over well :lol: Now I understand why it looks like its not at all integrated into the wheel, such as the one on the V11. That one pretty much was invisible unless you wanted it to pop up, and it was sturdy and reliable. The one on the V13 definitely looks like an afterthought. 

I share a different opinion.

I like it the way it is. It is purposeful, similar to how it is on the V12. To sit flush on top, it would mean a taller body. No thanks.

What is important to me is that the hinge on the trolley handle is sturdy and robust.

Interestingly enough, I rather use the lift handles at either end over the trolley handle on my Abrams when I could. I find I use the two handles at either ends a lot.

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 1

On 12/3/2022 at 2:01 AM, HEC said:

It is interesting how much armchair engineering goes on in these new model threads, although I guess "speculation" IS in the title, so...:D

Do people genuinely think that these companies just slapped something together with no engineering or research? And all based on a few pictures, we amateur, non-manufacturers are going to figure it out for them?

Now design and usability issues definitely require end-user input and companies don't always get everything right. I don't know what point I'm trying to make, but the thoughts did occur.

18 hours ago, Unicycle Santa said:

From the rendering of the seat, it appears the trolley handle might function as a locator/hold-down for the seat, which would be a clever and stronger connection mechanism than velcro...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, UPONIT said:

From the rendering of the seat, it appears the trolley handle might function as a locator/hold-down for the seat, which would be a clever and stronger connection mechanism than velcro...

I saw an image of the seat installed on the EUC (ill try to find it).

Edit: Not the same image I saw, but I found this which shows the same thing... Plus some extra wordage...

image.thumb.png.47319d6387458bf59f8e25a068a4b3e9.png

Edited by Unicycle Santa
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Unicycle Santa said:

I saw an image of the seat installed on the EUC (ill try to find it).

Edit: Not the same image I saw, but I found this which shows the same thing... Plus some extra wordage...

image.thumb.png.47319d6387458bf59f8e25a068a4b3e9.png

Well that's unfortunate looking. Hopefully the final version is less... intrusive?

I like the pic of the seated rider. Hero-shot angle. V13 looking its most motorcyclish!

Edited by UPONIT
logorrhea

5 hours ago, Eyss said:

According to inmotion somebody in America has one? 

Guess we'll be seeing more content soon!

https://www.instagram.com/reel/ClyH2dxAnGJ/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

WOW. I like it. I like it. I like it.

So many questions. Who is that? Only one "crowd tester?" What is a crowd tester? How was he chosen? What city is that?

Nice riding!  And I dunno... the suspension looks pretty effective after all that pre-complaining...:D. He was haulin ass over speed humps and road craters and didn't seem to skip a beat.

Fisheye. Sigh. Why, guy? :crying:

Edited by UPONIT
Self censorship
  • Upvote 3

6 hours ago, Eyss said:

Good lord that thing was hauling ass. Definitely looks like a nice speedy cruiser, almost like a motorcycle grade wheel. Glad to see we will finally be getting some legit coverage. However now that the free spin speed of the Sherman S has been bumped up to 120kmh, I am seeing less and less of a reason to go with the bigger, heavier V13. It looks very well made and finished like a mini motorcycle, but that video made me realize just how large of a wheel it is overall. 

Edited by Unicycle Santa
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Eyss said:

I guess it is s start. At least he is riding on the road.

I hope he can show more capability of the V13, so I would replace my Abrams with it.

The road he is on is kind of devoid of bumps and potholes. 

I hope to see higher cruising speed on bumpier roads showing passing acceleration and emergency braking at 45+ mph.

Otherwise, I could just ride my V12, nevermind my Abrams. 

I hope someone in NYC got one to test.

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, Eyss said:

omg!

that is nuts! i use to ride motorcycles dirt/street but always felt i could put the bike down and slide. which is stupid thinking because one night i had a tank slap and God saved me from going down. 

i salute all of u riders skills and pray for ur safety with all the drivers obsessed with their phones.