Mango

Quick video showing the issues I’ve got with the wheel.  Jason asked for this the other day and I forgot to make and send it.

Weird thing is, no error message.

https://m.youtube.com/shorts/gfgDYvZcWRQ

51 minutes ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

Hopefully Jason has the motherboard in stock, mine had to come from Inmotion

Yeah hope so.

Edited by Josiah
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, novazeus said:

do u think the v13 isn't robust enough for the treatment it's getting?

Good question.  Maybe your right.  I feel like I need two of these to really test it.  Plus I don’t know what I’m doing.  Might get a T4 or S22 next though rather than a second V13. As it is cost wise might be a long time before getting the wheel #2

• Like 1

u know, i have to press and hold the power button to get it to turn on and off as well. 

longer than u would expect for a switch to work. like it has to think about it. 

and u guys are in snowy areas. obviously i want both of ur wheels fixed, but i'd love to know why these brand new wheels are failing?

my first leg today. Bob is mean mugging me from our compound or i would have done 40 today. still might sneak another 20 in.

153D9C23-60DE-4F55-9DDA-499F19AA42E8.png.7685875e784c7fb644e13d11f9149166.png

Edited by novazeus
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, novazeus said:

u know, i have to press and hold the power button to get it to turn on and off as well. 

Totally!  That’s how the normal function would be, a medium press For on/off.

The short press toggles the headlight, medium press, on/off and long press(60 seconds) forced shutdown.

Edited by Josiah
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

The fastest i have had it has only been 50mph also.

56 minutes ago, Josiah said:

Typo? That’s so fast 

Curious as to what you would consider fast then? :)

Edited by techyiam

41 minutes ago, Josiah said:

long press(60 seconds) forced shutdown.

Personally, I would call that "holding down button to complete shutdown" press. :)

Edited by techyiam

even though i like the exercise and mental exercise of riding as well, my objective with wheels, for the v13, moving me from point a to point b safely on pavement at around 25 mph.

i still need a pasture wheel and i think the s22 could be it, if i could get the suspension fixed.

the s22 pro that wrongway unboxed is definitely not what i have. i think that pro version would work, but idk how long.

i rode the s22 this morning and i guess if i don’t soak the sliders with lubricant i don’t get any travel in the suspension. i think it could be a great wheel, but not as king song built it.

13 minutes ago, techyiam said:

Curious as to what you would consider fast then?

No, that's fast. I don't usually ride that fast but i was testing the "lack of torque" and practicing hard acceleration for when you need to get out of the way for a car.

It was all done in the name of science i tell you. No, but i do want to know what i'm talking about when we speak about high speed tiltback, so i wanted to experience it and haven't really been able to over torque  it because i'm still a noob, i chicken out i guess. 50 is like the speed of light to me because i came from the v-11 , but you can't speak to high speed riding if you have never done any so....

7 hours ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

Ok so, 236 miles and I'm not very exited about the factory Yuanxing tire.

what are u changing it to?

watch the jon purcell video i posted yesterday on the video thread. his review of the tire i think is a very accurate one and he’s waaaaay better rider than me. 

although i ride at 40psi and he rides at 30ish.

i ride pretty well. when i do 40 miles, thats a 105 stops and starts. that’s the most difficult for me.

but i’m terrible at freemounting, because i never practice and likewise on u-turns.

starting out and braking, pretty decent.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, novazeus said:

what are u changing it to?

I bought the pilot street 2 before i even got the wheel, i just figured I'd try the stock tire for a bit. I put it on my v-11 and liked the way it handled so i got one for the 13. I took it for a quick ride today and it handles awesome, I'm also running around 30 psi. It's super windy today so it was a fun but brief ride. I definitely like it better than the stock tire. I like that it's a lot quieter also. The reason i like 30 is because it's a tubeless tire meant for a few hundred pound motorcycle with a tube inside of it, so stock pressure seemed stiff to me.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

but you can't speak to high speed riding if you have never done any so....

You are aware that at those speeds such as 50 mph, if your feet or lower parts of your legs don't slide well enough, your upper body will be slammed into the ground that can crack helmets, or break collar bones and arms. And that is only in a single vehicle accident. 

If you crash into something solid like a car, then the impact at 50 mph will be equivalent to falling off a 8-story building.

But if you crash in an open space, then it depends on how you fall, and how poorly your lower extremities slide. The linear momentum will be mostly converted to angular momentum if the lower parts of your body make contact with the ground and don't slide well.

Edited by techyiam
  • Sad 1

40 minutes ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

The same could be said for the 70-80mph i go on my street bike on the highway.

Fair enough, since you already ride motorcycles, then you know to mitigate your risks.

For crashes that don't involve colliding with something solid, like on a racetrack, most motorcycle riders can still stand up after a 150+ mph crashes. That is because the riders mostly slide. 

For electric wheels crashes, I think it is the opposite. The riders don't usually slide that much.

For myself, I am a lot less hesitant to twist the throttle on a motorcycle on a desolate highway than go fast on an electric wheel on a empty piece of tarmac before I have enough skills and experiences.

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 2

did u turn off the app before turning off the wheel? this is the message i got as well.

evidently u have to have the app off before turning off the wheel.

68296D4E-42B6-49CF-AE07-B164E9AB75B1.thumb.png.61b75c571e34ae41b8f336c5ba5536e0.png

Edited by novazeus
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Josiah said:

I had to carefully and lightly razor the clear silicone around the perimeter of the board in order to remove it, and the underside looks like it had some type of soft non curing sealant or grease as well.

763ABBB4-6E97-4552-8491-01172EB2831F.jpeg

Your wheel has a very dirty control board and charge board area. If you're going to ride through bad weather and muck, highly recommend a mud guard: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5856406

Not saying it will solve your problems but this much dirt accumulation in this area can't be good long term. Don't trust the waterproofing of these connections.

7 hours ago, Josiah said:

50 mph is super fast.  

Speaking of which, Dawn Champion took a 50+ mph tumble during a group ride, due to over leaning, recently.

Her video below goes over the damages sustained by her new EX30 and gear. Apparently, she has plenty of experience when it comes to crashing motorcycles or wheels, and she has already taken precautionary measures. She is one tough cookie. 

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, techyiam said:

Speaking of which, Dawn Champion took a 50+ mph tumble during a group ride, due to over leaning, recently.

Her video below goes over the damages sustained by her new EX30 and gear. Apparently, she has plenty of experience when it comes to crashing motorcycles or wheels, and she has already taken precautionary measures. She is one tough cookie. 

''It feels a little funky right now, but don't worry - I'll push it back !''

That's the spirit ! Good on ya girl ;) 

Edited by Cerbera
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Josiah said:

Quick video showing the issues I’ve got with the wheel.  Jason asked for this the other day and I forgot to make and send it.

Weird thing is, no error message.

https://m.youtube.com/shorts/gfgDYvZcWRQ

Based on your video I'm pretty sure the problem is related to the rear lift off motor cut off button. It seems like it's either stuck at pressed position or the the cable from it shorted out. Under normal conditions, if you press and hold that button and then press the power button, it will turn the DRL on / off. And indeed you're unable to "turn on" (or off) the wheel either when the cut off button is pressed. 

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

''It feels a little funky right now, but don't worry - I'll push it back !''

That's the spirit ! Good on ya girl ;) 

Absolute positive thinking.

I think the whole bunch of them down in SoCal eat sleep electric wheels. Neverending supply of enthusiastic energy for electric wheels.

As a group, I think they single handedly keep Begode alive. :)

• Like 2