Mango

1 hour ago, Josiah said:

Set air to 200 psi.  I weigh 170 lbs

still bottoming out though as you mentioned before.  

That does not seem right unless you are doing VERY steep drops.

Any chance you have one or more pistons that is losing air, such as due to this issue?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Josiah said:

Set air to 200 psi.  I weigh 170 lbs

still bottoming out though as you mentioned before.  

If you are jumping like we saw in the video then you probably want like 210psi or more, i could bottom out at 180 hitting a 2' drop or so but that pressure absorbs the small stuff without being too stiff. I'm not doing massive jumps with it so i like it on the softer side. Also that bike picture was just an example of what we used to do, it wasn't mine.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I’m having a bit off a hard time believing that all you guys are actually bottoming out the V13 shocks. For example I know @novazeus to be a rather calm rider.

I used max 150/70 psi on the stock shocks of my V11 (near identical air spring units to the V13 ones), and I never felt it bottoming out even on 1 foot drops. I weigh 105kg + gear = 250 lbs.

Or are you perhaps riding completely stiff legged?

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

I’m having a bit off a hard time believing that all you guys are actually bottoming out the V13 shocks. For example I know @novazeus to be a rather calm rider.

I used max 150/70 psi on the stock shocks of my V11 (near identical air spring units to the V13 ones), and I never felt it bottoming out even on 1 foot drops. I weigh 105kg + gear = 250 lbs.

Or are you perhaps riding completely stiff legged?

stiff legged or not, it's my feet taking a beating. i'll try lowering the pressure and see if that's more cushy. 

and i run a much higher tire pressure than u do. 

Edited by novazeus
  • Like 1

very windy today which made my practice more challenging and enjoyable. 

30 miles on 28% battery(without power pads or spikes on the pedals, it's a miracle)that's the longest ride for me yet i think. i did stop once to drop the shock pressure down to 125psi. started at 150psi for the first 10 miles. i had been riding it at 175psi. two turns clockwise from no dampening seems to work ok. 

i do think the lower pressure makes it a little more cushy, although tmrw, i'm gonna pump it up to 200psi and see what that feels like 

i just have craters, depressions and tree roots to deal with, no potholes or curbs. and i wore my cushy insoled van's loafers today instead of the typical thin soled van's.

i peeled off all the warning labels, and my seat, which i'll never use actually fits perfectly

yesterday.

B29F1289-F48D-43D7-912F-A04892F679F9.png.9b35d734ed8b1751dc4dd362ab8d24d7.png

today.(my phone disconnected)

ADD19C41-5E87-4DB5-840E-AD42BF318D77.png.155f498ce8375c60e0f5d3a81df7908d.png

looking good.

5F1D2D23-67B1-4A3A-B99B-5BFF84BE77F8.jpeg.a307f4880405a1d08e0c5fbe3979a0af.jpeg

• Upvote 1

i think these early range tests, dissing on the v13 are baloney and very unscientific. 

u gotta range test on flat ground. obviously with the heaviness of the v13, driving it up a mountain is gonna consume more energy than a lighter wheel. why lightweight cars get better mileage than a one ton dooley. duh!

and the stock v13 probably has the highest rolling resistant tire ever put on a wheel. maybe that's the problem, and knowing typical wheel riders, probably underinflated with a gallon of slime in it.

i bet i can go 50 miles on 50% battery. how much range do u need? ur feet are gonna ache after 50 miles, i guarantee it. i'm probably averaging 20mph when u deduct for me stopping every 2200'.

Edited by novazeus
  • Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, novazeus said:

could someone explain to me what "adjust the gap between slide rails" is?

At 12:28 you can see the sliders and the adjustment, basically the more you tighten the screw the more the sliders push into the slide. It's to take up any play that you may have forward and back on the rails. If you turn the wheel on and push it forward and back and see no play in the slides then you shouldn't need to adjust it.

Edited by Punxatawneyjoe
  • Like 2

Just now, Punxatawneyjoe said:

My guess is 7 pounds of yoga mats...:laughbounce2:

and the seat. and orange duct tape is heavy as well.

i mean i'm use to tossing 50 pound bags of feed, but i brought out my old motorcycle ramp for getting this beast up into the container. i can pick it, but not fun.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

So this is fun. The same wheel that had been with ThaBlackCobra earlier where it was found that the shocks were removed and forced back in with cross-threading is now with another reviewer, who promptly had the shock fall out.

Of course this is no fault of the wheel, but if you just watch this video you would have a very bad impression:

For context here's the video from ThaBlackCobra where the suspension is being removed and the cross-threading is mentioned; I forget who had the wheel before him which is where the issue likely began.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

6 hours ago, mrelwood said:

If that error ever comes up again (it sometimes shows up once when the wheel is new and never returns), take a screenshot on the exact pack and cell group voltages.

I’d check that you’re running the latest firmware.

it's on the latest firmware and the batteries were all perfect. kinda scary warning because the lady said something and then a message to call my reseller, etc. 

this morning seems to be fine. i think @Chucka Wheelieis correct. this is shades of the s18 staying on after charging. 

i guess turning off the app first and then the wheel is the correct procedure. that's how i've been doing it. i'd take a screen shot after riding and then turn off the phone, then turn off the wheel.

since the wheel was inside with me, it does make for an uneasy rest. i was calculating how quick i could drag it outside in case it started smoking.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, novazeus said:

i guess turning off the app first and then the wheel is the correct procedure.

Ever since making sure I shutdown the app before the wheel or disconnecting the wheel in-app first, I haven't received this error message again. 

Wow... I've typed "app" way too many times in my last two posts.  sheesh.   

... app. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, novazeus said:

since the wheel was inside with me, it does make for an uneasy rest. i was calculating how quick i could drag it outside in case it started smoking.

I wouldn't loose too much sleep mate... Of all the PEV manufacturers out there, inMotion is the one company I worry about the least. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1