Mango

1 hour ago, Robse said:

Very interesting. However, I had hoped that the conclusion would be that you simply had to ride your wheel more to preserve youth :D

We need EUC version of this:

maxresdefault.jpg

• Like 1

Anyone know what these bumpers are in this video visible at around 2:30 and again at 39:40 where he sets the wheel down on them? I really like this design, looks like they even color-match the wheel. I would love to purchase a set!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rebeuc said:

Anyone know what these bumpers are in this video visible at around 2:30 and again at 39:40 where he sets the wheel down on them? I really like this design, looks like they even color-match the wheel. I would love to purchase a set!

Looks like (large) door stops to me ... (or perhaps some handlebars end coves)? We were discussing using the door stops here before. Perhaps they found some colour matching aluminium cones too, or have those custom made (or at least coloured)?

Edited by HEC
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, rebeuc said:

501984773_Screenshot_20230323_183259_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.79e5e92fd1eaa795da1faaa8c65fbd38.jpgHe also has a first aid kit/ tool bag in the rear... 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Hellkitten said:

@novazeus how does it compare to your other wheels? Pros/cons?

to me, they are all just wheels. the s18 came with this jiluer tire which had a narrower contact patch and not symetrical. after grinding down the right side and 160 miles, it's ok now. suspension wise it comes in 2nd place. it's top speed is only 31mph, so really not in the same league as the s22 or v13. #3 on headlight.

the s22 came with a knobby, somewhat similar to the stock v13 knobby, but a more rounded profile. again after grinding down the center nub on the tire, it works fine too. it had the same tendency in curves to want to stay vertical and not lean into the curve. with the stock sliders, even constantly lubricated comes in 3rd suspension wise. the s22 trolleys terrible, but backwards it's tolerable. comes in third there too. moving the pedals lower and forward made a huge difference.  #2 on headlight.

i've only have about 80 miles on the v13 and it normally takes me 150 miles to fully acclimate to a wheel, and the v13 is an unusual wheel that it's point of no return angle is pretty small. if it leans ten degrees one way or another at stopping or slow maneuvers, u are probably gonna have a tip over. the v13 starts and stops just fine(without pads). i'm loving the michelin pilot street 2 tire. i don't think @Forwardnbakwould have crashed into that wall if on the michelin instead of the stock knobby. right from the beginning, taking my 90 degree curve was effortless. not so with the s22 knobby. the trolley handle and trolleying the v13 is better than the s22. suspension wise, the v13 wins. #1 on headlight. 

i ride with lots of clearance between my legs and the wheel, so i really like the v13's narrow profile, and i'm 6' tall and the wheel fits my leg perfectly. with the michelin, and it's narrow profile, i think it will be my most maneuverable wheel.

i think all the reviewers claiming gyroscopic effects in cornering, were just fighting the flatter profile of the v13 stock knobby. tires are a big deal. especially on a vehicle that only has one. like if lance armstong was on a beach bike and i was on a racing bike, i think i could beat him. there are tradeoffs. beach bikes are easier to ride. 

i paid approx $1700 for the molicel s18, $2600 for the s22 and $4000 for the v13. 

bang for the buck, at my purchase prices, it would be hard to beat the s22. if freemotion ever sends out the sliders that king song is providing work, then the s22 probably would win the suspension contest. i don't like spiked pedals but i can fix the s22's pedals by adding a thin yoga mat over them and grip tape over the yoga mat. 

wrongway's review of the s22 pro with the ball bearing sliders looks great. 

Edited by novazeus
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, MrMonoWheel said:

Those just look like motorcycle frame sliders to me 

Turns out that is basically the case.

He responded in the youtube comments with the following:

I cant post links here but they are sliding crash protectors for motorcycles. They sell them on aliexpress could be found with `Kawasaki Z900 Falling Protection Crash Protectors` I dont believe they included bolts thread so you may need to add ones that fit v13.

I found several listings at around $25, here is one example:

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256804718301934.html

I'm placing an order, as I recently got shipping notice on my v13 which should arrive early this coming week.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Josiah said:

Any thoughts on getting the parts to fix this mud guard.  I think I may either keep extras on hand or take it off all together for jumping days.

Once they show up on Aliexpress as spare part I'll grab one together with spare tire and inner tube.

V13 suspension setting? I am curious to know what people are using for these settings/pressures. I am using 3 turns clockwise from all the way counter clockwise out and i have 180 psi in the bottom shocks. I weigh 190lbs. It seems to be a happy medium between off and on road riding. Are people using a different setting, if so why and how do you like it?. The suspension feels 10 times better than the v-11 but i feel like it has a slight amount of stiction.

1 hour ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

V13 suspension setting? I am curious to know what people are using for these settings/pressures. I am using 3 turns clockwise from all the way counter clockwise out and i have 180 psi in the bottom shocks. I weigh 190lbs. It seems to be a happy medium between off and on road riding. Are people using a different setting, if so why and how do you like it?. The suspension feels 10 times better than the v-11 but i feel like it has a slight amount of stiction.

idk, but i'm glad u brought this up. 

i was 2 turns out on the dampner and one spot felt a little bouncy, so i went back to 2.5 turns out. i'm also at 180psi (also 190 with gear on)on the shocks but i think i'm gonna experiment by lowering 10 pounds today. since i travel the same 2200' of pavement, i have a good test track for suspension. some of these bumps and depressions in my road, i feel like i'm bottoming out. today is experiment with the suspension day. i did 15 miles in van's hi tops and then switched to van's loafers with a cushioned insole for 5 miles. huge difference.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

V13 suspension setting?

Set air to 200 psi.  I weigh 170 lbs

still bottoming out though as you mentioned before.  

Haven’t adjusted the top dampener screws.

Feels really smooth and reactive.  Sometimes before a little jump or curb hop I’ll put all my force to compress the suspension then it bounces me up a little extra as I jump.  

49 minutes ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

Or you can use epoxy on the inner plastic piece to epoxy it back together

Looks awesome how you fixed that bike!  I don’t have all the inner pieces though pretty sure 90% of it is lost.  

• Like 2