Mango

4 minutes ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

The areas where you can use hot glue to create a permanent barrier is preferred. The dielectric grease is used in areas that may need to be removed later like inside plugs etc. It's not as effective as a encasement with a hot glue but is water resistant inside pinned plugs for a period of time so the pins don't get corroded.

The type of dielectric paste I'm talking about is the one that hardens after being exposed to air, so it's pretty much acting as hot glue, just without the heat. I'd not apply it inside of the plugs, as it will be tricky (if not impossible) to remove. The main "benefit" is that it doesn't require heat to be applied, so it's more suitable for heat sensitive elements / parts.

29 minutes ago, HEC said:

The type of dielectric paste I'm talking about is the one that hardens after being exposed to air,

Sorry, i misunderstood. I think most hot glues are dielectric and that is the best method of waterproofing in my opinion. The only experience i have had for waterproofing plugs is to use the grease inside them.

1 hour ago, HEC said:

Nice! Extra 10 months on everything. 

Yeah, how many company's do that? They were all over the bolts as well, i just got mine from ewheels and they gave me a few extra....like 14 of them.:clap3:

I'm glad they are treating this wheel as the high end item it is. I am definitely happy with my choice.

2 hours ago, Forwardnbak said:

this is nice

any update on your wheel?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

Yeah, how many company's do that? They were all over the bolts as well, i just got mine from ewheels and they gave me a few extra....like 14 of them.:clap3:

I'm glad they are treating this wheel as the high end item it is. I am definitely happy with my choice.

any update on your wheel?

nope :/ just waiting last i heard was midweek last week 

1 hour ago, Forwardnbak said:

nope :/ just waiting last i heard was midweek last week

On their Instagram they mentioned they were getting the bolts on Friday. 

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CpRpOyaD_PQ/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

I imagine they'll install the bolts on Monday. First one might take a bit longer but I wouldn't be surprised if you could pick it up Monday afternoon since you're the first. 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Eyss said:

On their Instagram they mentioned they were getting the bolts on Friday. 

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CpRpOyaD_PQ/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

I imagine they'll install the bolts on Monday. First one might take a bit longer but I wouldn't be surprised if you could pick it up Monday afternoon since you're the first. 

Thanks for the heads up,

i’m never on insta as FnB i’m always running my art thing there.

Cool then, maybe close. 

1 hour ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

Hopefully soon man, i look forward to getting your opinion on the v13.... see what i did there..:laughbounce2:

I had to look BAK over your post to see.

:)  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, HEC said:

⚠️ it is not what the statement say

24 months on motor / controller / mainboard and 18 months on battery.
Note that the statement does not say anything about things which are more of a question mark as we've seen it break on demo wheels and broken out of the box: the suspension. Warranty duration for the suspension? Unknown.

Factory warranty for everything else but battery/controller/mainboard/motor is unspecified.

I'm highlighting this because LeaperKim made a similar statement not long ago and everybody including me assumed like you did that the whole wheel warranty was 24 months.
Nope, suspension is 6 months for instance. Other things is anyone's guess.

Keep in mind that it's 6 months from manufacturing date.

20 hours ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

Yeah, how many company's do that?

None, including Inmotion.
I know - I made the same mistake earlier.

23 minutes ago, supercurio said:

broken out of the box: the suspension.

who had a "broken out of the box" suspension?

24 minutes ago, supercurio said:

Factory warranty for everything else but battery/controller/mainboard/motor is unspecified.

Warranty For U.S. Customers

1. Warranty

InMotion USA warrants to the original consumer purchaser of the Product (“Purchaser”) that it will be free from defects in materials and manufacture on the date of purchase and will remain serviceable for a period of one year after the date of Purchaser’s purchase, subject to the exclusions in the following paragraph.

Products purchased as "Refurbished" from InMotion USA are covered under warranty to be free from malfunction resulting from manufacturing defects for 90 days from date of purchase.

Products purchased as "Open Box" have warranty coverage of 6 months from date of purchase. Products purchased as "Refurbished" have warranty coverage of 30 days from date of purchase. Products purchased on sale are exempt from this warranty coverage.

Services provided have warranty coverage of 30 days from date of purchase. Should you have any issues with our services, please contact us to rectify the issue.

2. Exclusions from Warranty Coverage

This Limited Warranty does not cover Products purchased from unauthorized sellers or damage to the Product or any component part caused by any of the following: all external causes such as (but not limited to) dropping, accident, collision, abuse, vandalism, negligence, improper handling, maintenance, or storage, neglect; misuse such as riding over obstacles, overloading, racing, or otherwise using the Product contrary to the instructions and warnings contained in the user manual by InMotion; normal wear and tear, deterioration of paint, trim and appearance items that results from use and/or exposure to the elements; cleaning with a high pressure water system, abrasives or solvents; damage and/or defects caused by unauthorized and/or improper attempts to repair, alter, disassemble or otherwise modify the Product or any of its components; damage caused by improper electrical connection, exposure to chemicals, water or excessive temperatures; and/or any damage and/or failure resulting from earthquake, fire, flood or other casualty or acts of God.

3. Exclusion and Limitation of Other Warranties

The preceding warranty is the exclusive warranty applicable to the Product and supersedes any prior, contrary or additional representations, whether oral or written. Any implied warranties, including any warranty of merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose are limited in duration to the one year period of the preceding warranty. Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitation may not apply to you.

4. Exclusive Remedy

If the Product fails to conform to the preceding warranties, the Purchaser must notify InMotion within a reasonable time and in no event more than 30 days after the discovery of the nonconformity by e-mail to service@myinmotion.com. InMotion will provide a Return Authorization number and form. Purchaser must deliver the Product, together with proof of date of purchase to InMotion. Purchaser shall be responsible for and must prepay any shipping expense for return of the Product. InMotion will examine the Product and, in the event of a breach of warranty, will provide, at its sole option and within a reasonable period of time: (1) repair of any nonconforming Product or components or (2) replacement of any nonconforming Product or components with conforming product or components. Repaired or replacement products will conform to the warranty for the unexpired duration of the warranty period for the original, nonconforming Product. InMotion may use used or repaired material for all warranty claims. The remedy selected by InMotion in accordance with this paragraph shall be the exclusive and solve remedy for any breach of warranty.

5. Exclusion of Consequential, Incidental, and Other Damages

InMotion and its distributors and dealers shall not be liable for any incidental or consequential damages for breach of any warranty or for damages arising from nondelivery or from the use, misuse, or inability to use the product. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation may not apply to you.

46 minutes ago, supercurio said:

⚠️ it is not what the statement say

I was referring only to items listed in the statement, those are all gaining additional 10 months. 

18 minutes ago, HEC said:

I was referring only to items listed in the statement, those are all gaining additional 10 months. 

22 hours ago, HEC said:

You wrote "on everything" 

I'm only pointing it out since I've talked to several people who thought just that (everything) following LeaperKim statement, so it's likely that many will assume the same following Inmotion statement on the V13 warranty.

What do you think?

36 minutes ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

who had a "broken out of the box" suspension?

I saw a teardown from Russian customers who found shocks cross-threaded, like on ThaBlackCobra's unit. Then was it Marty's who had an issue with the dampener or shock? and it could not be adjusted.

After seeing metal to metal friction, following issues Chinese testers had and taking an educated guess from the V11 shock reliability, it is possible that the V13 suspension will be one of its more problematic aspect

36 minutes ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

InMotion USA warrants to the original consumer purchaser of the Product (“Purchaser”) that it will be free from defects in materials and manufacture on the date of purchase and will remain serviceable for a period of one year after the date of Purchaser’s purchase, subject to the exclusions in the following paragraph.

Products purchased as "Refurbished" from InMotion USA are covered under warranty to be free from malfunction resulting from manufacturing defects for 90 days from date of purchase.

Products purchased as "Open Box" have warranty coverage of 6 months from date of purchase. Products purchased as "Refurbished" have warranty coverage of 30 days from date of purchase. Products purchased on sale are exempt from this warranty coverage.

Services provided have warranty coverage of 30 days from date of purchase. Should you have any issues with our services, please contact us to rectify the issue.

Good find!

InMotion USA is selling from Amazon directly right? (conditions applying only to this specific case I presume)
So Inmotion products sold on Amazon would have 1 year warranty minimum - except "Open Box" 6 months and "Refurbished" with only 90 days - that one is a big gamble.

Regarding dealers, a bunch of them only offer manufacturer warranty and nothing else. Meaning you'll tell them I have an issue with this, they'll ask the manufacturer if they take care of it. If Inmotion says yes you get a replacement part, if they say no you're on your own.
That typically includes all Chinese importers, low cost or simply low service sellers including some in Europe who will try to avoid taking responsibility as much as possible and find loopholes if it's not the manufacturer but them having to foot the bill.

25 minutes ago, supercurio said:

I saw a teardown from Russian customers who found shocks cross-threaded, like on ThaBlackCobra's unit. Then was it Marty's who had an issue with the dampener or shock? and it could not be adjusted.

i saw TheBlackCobra's  teardown to trace the noise it had developed after already being torndown from before like the amateurs like to do with the cordless impact gun. The treads on this tube are super fine and it just takes one idiot to cross thread them. You can't tell me that was from the factory, they had to use a 3ft pipe to un-thread it. They are torqued at the factory not cross threaded. As far as @Marty Backe's wheel, he was attempting to adjust it not realizing it is just super easy to adjust and forced it, thus breaking it for all the other testers. He could probably tell you himself better but it didn't arrive broken and it is super fragile but super easy to turn up and down. I don't know where you get your information on the v11 suspension failing but worst iv'e seen is you need a new valve core because it's leaking or you need to replace the slide bushings because they are worn out or have a little sticktion. Seems like a solid design to me, just is a little pogo sticky . @Forwardnbakhas over 10k on his and his still seems to work fine. I don't think he's even replaced a shock. None of this was "Broken out of the box".

• Upvote 3

i saw TheBlackCobra's  teardown to trace the noise it had developed after already being torndown from before like the amateurs like to do with the cordless impact gun. The treads on this tube are super fine and it just takes one idiot to cross thread them. You can't tell me that was from the factory, they had to use a 3ft pipe to un-thread it. They are torqued at the factory not cross threaded. As far as @Marty Backe's wheel, he was attempting to adjust it not realizing it is just super easy to adjust and forced it, thus breaking it for all the other testers. He could probably tell you himself better but it didn't arrive broken and it is super fragile but super easy to turn up and down. I don't know where you get your information on the v11 suspension failing but worst iv'e seen is you need a new valve core because it's leaking or you need to replace the slide bushings because they are worn out or have a little sticktion. Seems like a solid design to me, just is a little pogo sticky .

Fair enough, these were functional, but had issues during assembly preventing servicing.

Good point on the something breaking easily but not being broken out of the box.

@Forwardnbakhas over 10k on his and his still seems to work fine. I don't think he's even replaced a shock. None of this was "Broken out of the box".

It's great for @Forwardnbak, but I know people who had to swap the V11 shocks multiple times, and I followed V13 Chinese testers which had the suspension to lock up and swap all parts, while the motor and mainboard had no issue for them.
Therefore it's not a (edit) unreasonable prediction to anticipate a higher failure rate on suspension components than motor or mainboard - the components receiving extra warranty.

Edited by supercurio

28 minutes ago, supercurio said:

Therefore it's not a reasonable prediction to anticipate a higher failure rate on suspension components than motor or mainboard - the components receiving extra warranty.

Assuming you meant unreasonable, i agree with you it's not unreasonable to assume this. I just feel like it would be the least of my worries, the shocks/dampers are very easily replaced and shouldn't but super expensive if needed past the initial 1 year. The v11 is like $55 a shock. But I'm sure the motor wouldn't be so cheap or the raptor controller.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

Assuming you meant unreasonable, i agree with you it's not unreasonable to assume this. I just feel like it would be the least of my worries, the shocks/dampers are very easily replaced and shouldn't but super expensive if needed past the initial 1 year. The v11 is like $55 a shock. But I'm sure the motor wouldn't be so cheap or the raptor controller.

Oops good catch of my sloppy edit here 😄

Yes hopefully the shocks won't be too expensive, and not as much as on the Sherman S where it's they are a structural component (with the rest of the frame). A bit of a concern on the V13 is how the metallic frame will age as well since we saw traces of metal to metal friction on the prototypes. Something to keep an eye on as well as potential impact on the suspension performance.

• Like 1

I’m not sure if i’ve been lucky or maybe it’s how i ride but my V11 has held up remarkably well. The suspension bounces along smooth and plushy.

I might go ride it today as I’m missing rolling and it’s a great wheel!

I gotta say I really appreciate IM and what they seem to be doing with this launch, the QA’s with Bob, the attention to cutouts and reviews of logs, extra speed unlocks with safety in mind and the extra warranty’s.

I kind of have faith that they have our BAK

I think they really want to support this wheel so hopefully parts become cheap and readily available. 

• Like 3