Mango

7 minutes ago, SquallLHeart said:

if you want hard pedals that stay flat, pedal setting needs to be at 100%, and power assistant needs to be on with both acceleration and braking sliders at 0%

So Inmotion renamed and reversed the splitmode settings on the V13, when they moved it from the V12. Good to know.

9 minutes ago, SquallLHeart said:

I was the one that mentioned to Dawn at when the setting is completely off, they behave as if both are set at 50%

This is interesting how it works on the V13.

On my V12, if I disable splitmode, the pedal behavior is not same as turning on splitmode and have the settings at 50%.

In fact, braking is stronger with splitmode turned on, and acceleration and braking set to 50%, than just disabling splitmode. 

Edited by techyiam
  • Upvote 1

20 hours ago, techyiam said:

So Inmotion renamed and reversed the splitmode settings on the V13, when they moved it from the V12. Good to know.

that's what it looks like they did.. yeah.. I didn't realize it was reversed.. but tried 0% on split mode on V12 and that was a lot softer. 😆

Edited by SquallLHeart
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, SquallLHeart said:

but tried 0% on split mode on V12 and that was a lot softer.

Oh, you still have a V12?

If yes, stopping from 30 mph to 0 mph, between the V12 and the V13, which wheel would stop quicker, and which wheel would require more effort, assuming hands free.

I don't have a V12, but have friends with them.. also I didn't really notice a difference between it on and off with it set at 50%.. but I can definitely tell it gets softer when sliding it up higher..

even more noticeable when it's dark and the headlight moves up and down when the pedals are softer. lol.

hmm.. dunno which one would stop quicker... but I'd say the smaller wheel would be easier.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, techyiam said:

Officially, Inmotion's Raptor Controller board is designed to use forced convective cooling when needed. But so far, no one talks about the fans coming on when the headlight is off.

This is what I wanted to know: whether anyone had noticed those fans turn on due to a temperature sensor on the inverter board. The answer is "no".

On 1/9/2023 at 5:27 AM, rebeuc said:

This is an odd video, allegedly Inmotion requested that resellers not send Chooch an eval v13:

In Dawn's V13 Conclusions video, she said that the V13 she and Marty have been testing is now going to Chooch. So I guess that kerfuffle was all a misunderstanding.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, techyiam said:

A 22" wheel requires more actuation torque from the rider to accelerate or brake, when compared to a smaller diameter wheel

Would you mind to elaborate a bit more about that?

I'd expect it to be more about distance of the pedals from the axle than diameter of the wheel. Plus indeed the sensitivity and ride mode settings.

On 1/14/2023 at 5:59 PM, Punxatawneyjoe said:

I can tell you the v11 doesn't use grease, dirt would stick to it. It just uses  nylon"like" bushings with a slight bit of play. The v13 looks to be the same during the tear down but with 6 slide bushings instead of 4.

@eevee’s in their recent video found the sliders were greased. They were also showing early signs of wear though the wheel has been barely ridden. They had a lot of dirt inside as well though the roads were relatively clean according to them, so yeah, unfortunately my worries about the way is done were right. We need to see what happen in the long run, after 1000km/600mi. None of the suspensions are perfect, but we can start seeng some trends here, even the S, which I thought has the best chances of success has some issues with rubbing the battery walls( maybe something can be done about that? Modify the shell so it is smooth, add some roller like CP? )

3 minutes ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

Yeah, saw it . The "signs of wear" didn't look any different than my v11 where the paint has rubbed off so I'm not terribly concerned. As far as the grease, I'm not sure why they decided to use it but the v11 uses none. If you look closely the dirt was only on the tire side leading edge and not all over the slide rails. I feel like the grease is a bad idea so when i get mine, i will be taking it apart and removing all grease. I will be using 3m dry lube for the sliders.

That’s interesting. Hope you will tell us how it’s doing after some good usage. I am hunting for my future suspension wheel 😄 , though the S is my favourite until now.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Paul g said:

Hope you will tell us how it’s doing after some good usage

I definitely will. I was very much considering the s, however the suspension rubbing on the inside of the case leads me to believe that it's a structural problem. Not enough rigidity in the design and the machine is racking ever so slightly to eliminate the tolerances. I plan on doing a lot of off road use so I'm worried about the structural integrity of the wheel since it was rubbing badly only after a few hundred miles. It's unfortunate really because it checked all the other boxes and the suspension seems 2nd to none. It will definitely be interesting leaning the v13 and i feel like a good workout taking it off road especially since i am a EUC noob for the most part. I will be happy to share my experiences though good or bad.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

Very nice, I chose the exact same color scheme just no reflectors. Mine should be here in 2 weeks. Looks like Grizzla pads for everyone...:clap3:

Yes, that’s awesome!  I’m planning on half off road and half street riding, some or most of that at night.  The sides of most roads around me are bike lanes.  Hope the reflectors add some level of safety with cars jamming by. :o

Guess I could take advantage of the motor and keep it ahead of traffic too.  Once I’m capable and comfortable at speed that is.  

Edited by Josiah
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Forwardnbak said:

The wear on my V11 looks the same as the V13, i’ve got 10k on my rails and they are still smooth with the same look of paint scraped away.

my wheel is also on the water 

Did you do something like Punxataneyjoe suggested with your V11?

3 hours ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

I feel like the grease is a bad idea so when i get mine, i will be taking it apart and removing all grease. I will be using 3m dry lube for the sliders.

27 minutes ago, Forwardnbak said:

3 weeks away i’m told, free seat and stand included!!! ERIDERZ are outstanding! 

Looking to receive my v13 the same date I got my hero last year at this rate. Not sure if thats a good or bad omen. 

• Like 2