Mango

14 minutes ago, novazeus said:

yeah california is nuts to allow lane splitting. i would never do that. course i'd probably never ride in ca either. florida is just as bad now.

lane splitting is back up on the tablet here in oregon. im currently indifferent. i think there is correct and incorrect ways to interact with this, or appropriate and less appropriate ways to be "lane splitting" in practice. 
https://www.opb.org/article/2023/03/21/bill-to-allow-motorcycle-lane-splitting-once-again-moving-in-oregons-legislature/

-
i was born and raised in florida, and will absolutely confirm that driving in florida, like florida, is hell on earth. hahah :p (to me, hehe)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, rebeuc said:

The WrongWay ride review is up:

250 psi? what was he thinking? Has anyone else experienced this "lack of torque"? I'm surprised he was able to overpower the wheel that easily, it doesn't seem the case with mine. Anyone else care to chime in on this?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

250 psi? what was he thinking? Has anyone else experienced this "lack of torque"? I'm surprised he was able to overpower the wheel that easily, it doesn't seem the case with mine. Anyone else care to chime in on this?

he's like 170, i'm like 190 suited up, mine is set on 175psi, which i'll probably leave it at. checking sag, i feel like 175 is about right. 250 would not give much sag. course he is a stair guy. two turns out on the dampner thing is where i'm at too, like him.

i wish he could ride it with a street tire like mine. it's a handful but sb torquier than the stock knobby. i have no pads on mine and yet it's plenty fast enough off the line and stops pretty well too just using the soles of my feet and body lean. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Lets Do Science said:

Shop sent me the new (updated) trolley handle, shorter and synergies perfectly with the seat now.

PXL_20230328_213918428.jpg

my trolly handle is a little shonky pushing a little past the lock mechanism, hasn’t bothered me. it is being sorted via warranty. Maybe new handle is the fix. 

Edited by Forwardnbak

43 minutes ago, Eyss said:

The stock tire is blocky as well. Sometimes at high speed it'll get stuck on the edge and requires a bit of force to get it back straight.

neltrek evolution swapped the stock tire for the michelin pilot street 2 for me(and changed the axle bolts)before shipping it to me, and i love it. i liked the look of the stock tire but this michelin tire is the bomb. takes all ur balancing skill at slow speeds though. 

but smooth, like riding on glass.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, novazeus said:

neltrek evolution swapped the stock tire for the michelin pilot street 2 for me

Can you please make a photo of the tire dimensions?  I could not find one with the 3.00-16 dimensions that are on the stock tire. Thanks!

• Like 1

u inow, i wasn't listening for plastic squeaks today, but didn't hear any. i did tghten the screws on the case. like some needed maybe a quarter turn. 

still loving this wheel and feeling guilty about not riding the king songs. maybe tmrw. it's just that the more i ride the v13 the lighter it gets. 

now maybe because of the street tire my mileage is overstated, but not by much i'm sure. if my legs would hold up i'm sure i could get 60 miles out of it and still have 40% battery. love the street tire. at first i didn't though. it was like, what have i done? still takes extra brainpower at slow speeds. no unintentional dismounts today.

love my leatt 6.5 body protection thing. nice and cool in florida. i have protection but feels like shirtless.

904F9CCB-9903-4B28-9FE5-DB4BA0FE169D.thumb.png.8fec095a8c06d400151f1dfc80194123.png

• Like 3

On 3/28/2023 at 8:19 AM, novazeus said:

California is nuts to allow lane splitting. 

Allowing lane splitting reduced the number of motorcycle accidents, mostly motorcycles getting rear ended in stop and go traffic. Lane splitting also reduces traffic congestion, since a lane splitting motorcycle is not taking up space that can be used by a car. The recommended practice is to only lane split if traffic is at or below 40 mph and to only lane split at 10 mph faster than traffic.

https://eaccidents.com/california-lane-splitting-law-who-is-at-faul

The most common location for lane splitting on freeways is between car pool lane and fast lane. The other common case is going between cars stopped at a red light.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Forwardnbak said:

On a bike being able to get ahead of the traffic to find your own space is key to being seen and not caught up in drivers blind spots. 

that's exactly how i rode. like a cat trapped in a dog kennel. i'd always look for clear space. on our wheels, which are too slow to find clear air, we're like little kittens that can barely run. thankfully cops ride motorcycles and they understand what ur doing if ur speeding to evade traffic. i sold my first harley to a cop and rode with cops all the time. this morning i get up, sipping my coffee, and reading about a twenty something person getting killed on a motorcycle in tampa. i came to the conclusion that the govt could care less about ur safety if ur riding a motorcycle. i'm sure they think u were really asking for it, riding a wheel.

i understand the concept of lane splitting esp having owned two harleys and my present one having an air cooled 110 cu inch motor. i got trapped on the interstate after somebody wrecked and had to make my way to the emergency lane to keep moving so i wouldn't overheat. 

if ur on a motorcycle, wheel, inline skates, bicycle, anything that isn't a car or truck, the govt could care less about ur safety. 

i remember when i moved back to tampa and finding a nice place to skate, a newly built road before the development started, beautiful smooth new asphalt, and these giant holes in the pavement where the govt had core bored the pavement for samples, and then leaving a divot in the road because they didn't properly refill the hole. on our new suspension wheels, np, but the old straight axle wheels, u might get airborne, really bad for inline skates. 

i'd never ride in a bike lane adjacent car/truck traffic either. all the debris from the road is swept over their by the cagers vehicles, and one little girl texting her bf, could easily take u out, like the one that t-boned my zo6 by running a red light. texting has exponentially increased our likelihood of getting killed. every other day, a bicyclist is killed in florida. nobody in govt cares. they were asking for it, i think is the govt attitude. they just keep building more hospitals. 

there are no do overs, dead is dead. 

the v13 is a great step forward for personal transportation because of its build quality but until the govt starts building safe roads for our pev's, it will still be russian roulette for us. 

i only have 325 acres here, but big enough to create an example of how to do it, separate pavement for non car/truck traffic. not trails, actual roads for us that can take us to run our errands without the expense of a car and insurance. i've never been to the villages in florida, but they love their golf carts, so they must be learning from that as well. the govt, developers, etc are very slow to change, and bicyclists, pedestrians, us, have no lobby, ie bribes for the politicians.

22 hours ago, Eyss said:

Getting closer to my ideal set up. 32 psi in tire, 175 in shocks, 50/50 acceleration/ braking assistant.

Mate, not being rude but how much do you weigh???  

Been playing with my suspension pressure a little and seems like everyone's been pumping it up higher than the weight guide.  I'm 75kg and initially had it at the recommended 140psi but increased it to 150psi.  Thinking of upping it again to 160psi.  Got my tyre up to 38psi with no issues so far but may lower it and see. 

idk about these influencers range tests. did 40.4 miles today. two twenty mile trips. and used 40% of the battery. maybe having pads and spiked pedals decreases ur mileage.

and this is with me stopping every 2000'. probably do lots better without stopping.

4805F4DA-A661-45F2-87E0-C6BCE4CF9171.png.7c56025ba63f83a054a423f913b3c1be.png2DFDC33A-F752-428D-8FEB-6B5A51FA58D8.png.79f717e5ad3175492b4dd067c212a89b.png

Edited by novazeus
  • Like 3

I'm at 30 psi or so on the tire and 180 psi on the shocks also 3 turns in clockwise from all the way out for dampening. Not super soft though on some high speed potholes so i think i might reduce it a little, maybe the 175 would be better. I weigh 87kg.

• Like 1