At first I was thinking of buying an Airwheel duo to the January Sale where for example the Q3 is 50% off at TheAirwheel.com. But now I´m thinking of getting a Gotway since there is a lot of positive feedback for it. Am I wrong or is it really better please tell me I´m not very experienced Unicycle or whatever you call it user but please dont come up wiht comments that are lead by my not existing experience and only give me some in that way neutral feedback.

Now I´m considering buying a Gotway MCM4 thru this link http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Reserve-Gotway-MCM4-130wh-260wh-340wh-520WH-680WH-electric-unicycle-one-wheel-scooter-800W-motor-max/1908673_32468490098.html . But now I´ve come to the question where I would really like to know what battery capacity is really worth it and how far i would come with the 260wh and the 340wh option both ordinary and high speed version. And if I ride at about 20km/h with both wheels will there be a difference in distance? Is there a different motor or is it just a different speed lock because on the alibaba page it says that the maximum climbing of the ordinary version of the MCM4 is 35° and of the MCM4 HS version is 28°. I´m just asking because for me it doesnt make sense to buy the none HS version because they are completly the same units but with having a different speed limitation. Has anyone made experience with one of these? I would really apprechiate any answer.

Chiiter

PS: Sorry for my bad english; if you dont understand something please tell me and I will try my best explaining it.

Edit: Does anyone know how it is with the german customs/duty if I order one of these?

17 minutes ago, Chiiter said:

At first I was thinking of buying an Airwheel duo to the January Sale where for example the Q3 is 50% off at TheAirwheel.com. But now I´m thinking of getting a Gotway since there is a lot of positive feedback for it. Am I wrong or is it really better please tell me I´m not very experienced Unicycle or whatever you call it user but please dont come up wiht comments that are lead by my not existing experience and only give me some in that way neutral feedback.

Now I´m considering buying a Gotway MCM4 thru this link http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Reserve-Gotway-MCM4-130wh-260wh-340wh-520WH-680WH-electric-unicycle-one-wheel-scooter-800W-motor-max/1908673_32468490098.html . But now I´ve come to the question where I would really like to know what battery capacity is really worth it and how far i would come with the 260wh and the 340wh option both ordinary and high speed version. And if I ride at about 20km/h with both wheels will there be a difference in distance? Is there a different motor or is it just a different speed lock because on the alibaba page it says that the maximum climbing of the ordinary version of the MCM4 is 35° and of the MCM4 HS version is 28°. I´m just asking because for me it doesnt make sense to buy the none HS version because they are completly the same units but with having a different speed limitation. Has anyone made experience with one of these? I would really apprechiate any answer.

Chiiter

PS: Sorry for my bad english; if you dont understand something please tell me and I will try my best explaining it.

Edit: Does anyone know how it is with the german customs/duty if I order one of these?

Go for the HS version if you don't live near the mountains and don't do much of hill climbing.You should at least get the 340wh option for extra mileage. If you are much inclined to speeding and want to push the limits, I suggest that you get the Kingsong KS-14C 800w 680wh for it's overspeeding tilt-back feature which is not available with the Gotway MCM4S. If you are a casual rider then the MCM4S should be ok. A 340wh battery could give a riding distance of 30-35 kms on flat road surface for a 60-70kg person.

7 minutes ago, SlowMo said:

Go for the HS version if you don't live near the mountains and don't do much of hill climbing.You should at least get the 340wh option for extra mileage. If you are much inclined to speeding and want to push the limits, I suggest that you get the Kingsong KS-14C 800w 680wh for it's overspeeding tilt-back feature which is not available with the Gotway MCM4S. If you are a casual rider then the MCM4S should be ok. A 340wh battery could give a riding distance of 30-35 kms on flat road surface for a 60-70kg person.

Thanks for your reply. And what about other models/brands? I dont really like KingSong because 1st it sounds like a cheap china brand, which i know may not be the case but its hard to miss that in my opinion and 2nd they dont look really nice wiht the big kingsong logo on it. And 3rd it costs a huge lot more money.

Edit: If I get the MCM4 can I turn the lights off?

Just now, Chiiter said:

Thanks for your reply. And what about other models/brands? I dont really like KingSong because 1st it sounds like a cheap china brand, which i know may not be the case but its hard to miss that in my opinion and 2nd they dont look really nice wiht the big kingsong logo on it.

Kingsong 14C by far has proven to be the safest and most reliable EUC  in the market. If you want other models, it will depend on your actual purpose for usage.

2 minutes ago, Chiiter said:

Thanks for your reply. And what about other models/brands? I dont really like KingSong because 1st it sounds like a cheap china brand, which i know may not be the case but its hard to miss that in my opinion and 2nd they dont look really nice wiht the big kingsong logo on it. And 3rd it costs a huge lot more money.

IMO, there are no serious alternatives among the 14 inch wheels. Ninebot P, upcoming KS16 are worth a thought. IPS Zero and Inmotion V5+ are also nice wheels, but less capable

18 minutes ago, SlowMo said:

Kingsong 14C by far has proven to be the safest and most reliable EUC  in the market. If you want other models, it will depend on your actual purpose for usage.

Okay but it is really close to double to price of the mcm4 is it really worth it? And I dont know about wheel size I would be fine with every size I know bigger ones are harder to ride but its OK. I dont know about usage its just for everything but I dont want to spend too much... 700$ or even 800$ is really my maximum because otherwise maybe an airwheel might be more worth duo to januuary sales even if i have to get a new one in 1-2years... dont misunderstand me: quality matters for me

17 minutes ago, Tomek said:

IMO, there are no serious alternatives among the 14 inch wheels. Ninebot P, upcoming KS16 are worth a thought. IPS Zero and Inmotion V5+ are also nice wheels, but less capable

Okay so as I said wheel size doesnt matter at all but quality and the prize... Are there any other choices wihtin this prize range?

13 minutes ago, SlowMo said:

You could refer to to this thread for the MCM4S:

And this one for the IPS Zero:

What do you think about those? Have you ever had any experience with the brands or maybe even with those exact models?

4 minutes ago, Chiiter said:

Okay but it is really close to double to price of the mcm4 is it really worth it? And I dont know about wheel size I would be fine with every size I know bigger ones are harder to ride but its OK. I dont know about usage its just for everything but I dont want to spend too much... 700$ or even 800$ is really my maximum because otherwise maybe an airwheel might be more worth duo to januuary sales even if i have to get a new one in 1-2years... dont misunderstand me: quality matters for me

Okay so as I said wheel size doesnt matter at all but quality and the prize... Are there any other choices wihtin this prize range?

What do you think about those? Have you ever had any experience with the brands or maybe even with those exact models?

I own both models, you can never go wrong with either one. My first choice would be the MCM4s second would be the IPS Zero. Just don't get an Airwheel with very limited speed.

20 minutes ago, SlowMo said:

I own both models, you can never go wrong with either one. My first choice would be the MCM4s second would be the IPS Zero. Just don't get an Airwheel with very limited speed.

Okay thank you so much man. What do you think about the lighting of the mcm4? What battery capacity do you have ( you have the ordinary version right? would you go for the hs if you could ) and how far do you come with it? Where do you live? Have you had any problem wiht customs/tax or something like that and where did you buy yours from?

Edit: I see that you got the MCM4 HS 340wh. Is it your main unicycle?

18 minutes ago, Chiiter said:

Okay thank you so much man. What do you think about the lighting of the mcm4? What battery capacity do you have ( you have the ordinary version right? would you go for the hs if you could ) and how far do you come with it? Where do you live? Have you had any problem wiht customs/tax or something like that and where did you buy yours from?

I have the 340wh HS version which I got from the same supplier in Aliexpress @unicycle distribution. The seller mentions that tax is already included in the shipping cost so it arrived to my doorstep duty free. So far it's my favorite. It has the 800w motor which is very responsive and I like the sound of the motor too which is similar to the gears of a bike. The pedals are comfortable and the foam padding on the sides are soft. 

The lighting is very nice in the night but I bought a separate headlight for front illumination:

b6dm4p.jpg

@Jug paid 54 Euros to DHL in Brussels for customs duty as shown in the above post:

48 minutes ago, SlowMo said:

I have the 340wh HS version which I got from the same supplier in Aliexpress @unicycle distribution. The seller mentions that tax is already included in the shipping cost so it arrived to my doorstep duty free. So far it's my favorite. It has the 800w motor which is very responsive and I like the sound of the motor too which is similar to the gears of a bike. The pedals are comfortable and the foam padding on the sides are soft. 

The lighting is very nice in the night but I bought a separate headlight for front illumination:

b6dm4p.jpg

@Jug paid 54 Euros to DHL in Brussels for customs duty as shown in the above post:

Okay so you did not get battery and the unit itself in two packages? Is it a good idea to let gotway sent it in two packages?

I got mine, "Finally I got my MCM4 HS 340Wh", last friday and from same supplier. In one package and no extra costs. I have ride it only 6km cause it is snow and very cold outside but it felt very nice.

20160116_152911_resized.jpg

i'm too facing a dillema between MCM4HS (good price, looks, decent speed, manouverability, but lack of safety/reliability) and the upcoming KS16 (stability, power, safety, more decent speed, all features, but super heavy and likely more expensive). ks14c never really appealed to me because of its looks, but is probably the best all round option. the high price is IMO due to the fact that KS focuses on and cares for Western resellers, and you can't get it for the (close to) factory price directly from alibaba/taobao/aliexpress. this is probably why it's apparently unpopular in China.

21 minutes ago, Pasi said:

I got mine, "Finally I got my MCM4 HS 340Wh", last friday and from same supplier. In one package and no extra costs. I have ride it only 6km cause it is snow and very cold outside but it felt very nice.

Okay :D I´m from sweden so it´s most likely that it is the same here right =)

19 minutes ago, Tomek said:

i'm too facing a dillema between MCM4HS (good price, looks, decent speed, manouverability, but lack of safety/reliability) and the upcoming KS16 (stability, power, safety, more decent speed, all features, but super heavy and likely more expensive). ks14c never really appealed to me because of its looks, but is probably the best all round option. the high price is IMO due to the fact that KS focuses on and cares for Western resellers, and you can't get it for the (close to) factory price directly from alibaba/taobao/aliexpress. this is probably why it's apparently unpopular in China.

Yea hard decision but in the end I think the Gotway is a better choice if not for its good pricing =)

21 minutes ago, Tomek said:

If you ignore all the warning beeps and keep on speeding till you drop then that would be an issue. So far, I never heard my MCM4s beep.

48 minutes ago, SlowMo said:

i got it in one package.

30 minutes ago, Pasi said:

27 minutes ago, Tomek said:

Does anyone of you guys know what certifications the mcm4hs has? in terms of waterproofness i mean

I also just got MCM4-HS from that same supplier (after reading posts on here from Slowmo) , have had NO experience with these, had it two days now and loving it.

I live in New Zealand and paid no Customs Tax, took 3+7 days to get here, all good.

When you get the wheel do ensure that you charge it and inflate tire....wheel ships with 50% battery and about 50% air in tire (prob for traveling).

I used the iOS App on an IPAD to connect to it, works fine.

I got 340 battery same as the other guys here...my thoughts on battery size is more the better as not have to worry running out, longer life of battery regarding less recharging..also the 340 is Panasonic and I have always liked their quality.

I understood that there were other changes made to HS ver than just Speed vs Torque(for steeper gradients), wheel clearance to shell is more I think etc but read forums to see.

9 minutes ago, Elah said:

my thoughts on battery size is more the better as not have to worry running out, longer life of battery regarding less recharging..also the 340 is Panasonic and I have always liked their quality.

the most important thing with batteries is how much current they can provide. brand is secondary, as long as it's one of the good japanese or korean ones. for this reason I would never gor for the 1 pack option, this is asking for trouble (sudden voltage drops and shut downs), i guess this is also why ks only has 2 double packs in their 800w models.

1 hour ago, Tomek said:

the most important thing with batteries is how much current they can provide. brand is secondary, as long as it's one of the good japanese or korean ones. for this reason I would never gor for the 1 pack option, this is asking for trouble (sudden voltage drops and shut downs), i guess this is also why ks only has 2 double packs in their 800w models.

Surely brand is how you know it is one of the good ones?

Are you saying not to buy an EUC unless it has two double packs as too dangerous (seems like you are).

7 hours ago, Chiiter said:

Edit: If I get the MCM4 can I turn the lights off?

Kingsong is not a cheap chinese brand. They are relatively new to the market but they have proven themselves to be a legit EUC company with the products they have out so far. And what do you mean by "a lot more money"? Both the Gotway 680 Wh and Kingsong 680 Wh models are comparable in price at around $1000. Same goes with the 340 Wh model of around $775-$800. Where are you getting that kingsong cost much more for the same battery size?

Like others have said before, if you are an adrenaline junkie and can see yourself really testing the limits of your EUC, then I would HIGHLY recommend getting any Kingsong over Gotway because Kingsong has a good safety tilt back feature. Gotway doesn't..... and no only do they not have tilt-back, but apparently the MCM4 has been shutting off on people not even reaching the advertised limits of the wheel.

When we talk about brand safety we should just remember that if we assess safety of a brand by the number of failures the units have had that we Hear about, we need to weigh it in relation to the total number of units of this brand out there. Otherwise our perception may be skewed

Brand A is safer than Brand B if:

Brand A - number of failed eucs / total number of Brand A units  < Brand B - number of failed units / total number of Brand B units

6 hours ago, Michael Vu said:

Gotway doesn't..... and no only do they not have tilt-back, but apparently the MCM4 has been shutting off on people not even reaching the advertised limits of the wheel.

All the shut down cases, as much as Gotway shouldn't be forgiven for allow them to happen, seem to have been caused by the original MCM4. It seems that the HS version has solved the initial hardware and firmware flaws (hope so!), making MCM4HS a closer competition to KS14C.

7 hours ago, Elah said:

Are you saying not to buy an EUC unless it has two double packs as too dangerous (seems like you are).

The batteries used in MCM4 seem to be NCR 18650PF, which are rated for 10A, which is pretty good. Anyhow, a single pack of those only gives you max power output of 10A*60V=600W, which is below the rated power of the MCM4 motor! If the battery can't deliver the power, it heats up, its voltage drops and the unicycle can shut down (MCM4 will probably warn you first, as it seems not to have the BMS cut-off like many others).  Two packs double the max power your batteries can deliver simultaneously, two double packs quadruple it. So, at least two single packs or one double is a must, don't buy models under 260Wh!

My plan for the MCM4 would be to make my own high performance packs (15A+ batteries) to have a 340Wh version with a more solid margin (sustained 1800W safe). See below for details.

• 2 years later...

Archived