Hi. Two years ago I bought a Gotway MCM 2 which I have learnt on. Trouble with is the box section. This damages my poor little legs even with lots of padding which is a pain in the backside. Getting rigged to go for a ride is no fun. So, I bought another cheap, comparatively,  OMG wheel which I continued to learn on, fairly successfully. However the OMC is underpowered . I didn't realise this until I tried to go up a slope that the Gotway flew up. So that was it with this OMC wheel which on the flat has been excellent, but no hill [ slope ] climbing ability. I then bought a 16" Firewheel, woo hoo. which I haven't been able to ride for a couple of weeks because I had a face plant on my Gotway!! I had all the protection on except wrist guards, needless to say I suffered a broken wrist!!. I hope you can get some good positive information from my experience I/e, select the correct model from the start. The Gotway MCM 2 would have been perfect but for the box section. The Gotway has a 340 battery and 500w motor which is perfect for starters. Which brings me to my dilema, do I choose the Gotway MCM 4 £600 or the Kingsong £900? I know the price favours the Gotway but I really fancy the Kingsong after seeing many review and vids on YouTube.

Good luck to all wheelers, whatever you ride.

Ken. [ aged 82 ]  PHEW.

Archived