Where are the videos from riders in China?

Richardo

1 hour ago, Resko727 said:

As a American I take offense to this. We as Americans have more freedoms than anywhere else and expressing that doesn’t make you a narcissistic. 

TBF I didn't read div's post as being personal, nor that it was his own personal stance.

I can kinda agree with him in a way. Americans are often seen as 'overt' as opposed to us in the UK who many would regard as 'introvert'. Being overt does not make one a narcissist, but the context is there and could be taken as such by 'some'. Personally, I would say that despite Americans being more overt, they are also much more polite than the British. That might sound strange given that Brits are supposed to be quiet, reserved, humble etc but I think that overall the Americans have politeness down better than we do. We certainly don't get youngers referring to elders as 'Sir/Madam' etc. Even the police struggle to do it, instead using the far less polite 'mate/fella/love' etc.

1 minute ago, OldFartRides said:

Planemo said “they (Americans) are much more polite than British (people)”. LMAO !

You may be right, I'll caveat that by saying I've never lived in the USA! I can only speak as I find from US news programs/articles/TV in general etc and my own personal experiences in the UK, including within government organisations which as far as I am concerned should be the epitome of politeness.

Think about how biased and stupid the news is about subjects where you have some expertise- it's not any better when it tells us about China. It's always interesting to hear people who have lived there share their experiences, but it's tedious as hell to repeat our media narratives back and forth to each other. (That music video is just propaganda about Taiwan.)

What is interesting? Seeing life over there first-hand. Look at how beautiful some of the scenery is @Paul A's find. That's a part of why I'd like to see more videos of riding through the city streets. We can get a pretty good look at Europe and the USA through the lease of EUCs. Hell, I'd like to see an EUC tour of every city on the planet in every season. 

Edited by Richardo
  • Like 1

On 11/28/2021 at 8:55 AM, Resko727 said:

As a American I take offense to this. We as Americans have more freedoms than anywhere else and expressing that doesn’t make you a narcissistic. 

We have freedom, but we are amazingly vain and self-centered.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Paul A said:

Dec 26, 2020

花蓮兩潭自行車道-茉莉香客

Hualien Two Pools Bicycle Path-Jasmine Pilgrim

No idea what he is saying, but he is certainly enjoying the ride. The paths look lovely and well maintained.  Riding through the beeps? Maybe he should get a helmet?

Edited by GothamMike
more info.

It could well be! Since you have to mind your social credit score, making sure you're not going too fast seems like a very good idea to me. Most of the riders I know would be terrorizing the feet people and bikers on a path like that. Tooooo tempting.

Edited by Tawpie