MTEN3 aftermarket speaker ?

Made_from_aliexpress

23 hours ago, Made_from_aliexpress said:

I found an article...its something more or less close to 2.24 liters per 18650 cell. But not sure, I need to double check that.

https://www.fire.tc.faa.gov/pdf/systems/May15Meeting/Maloney-0515-LithiumThermalRunaway.pdf

If true that means a bladder around the size of a drum liner (i.e. a really large trash bag) should work for most ~1800Wh wheels, which doesn't seem that unreasonable a size to me. (This becomes perhaps less feasible for the 2700-3600Wh behemoths.)

Edited by AtlasP

10 minutes ago, Unventor said:

The problem with lithium battery pack fires are many. And to combat that you really need to understand how the fire works and thinks and what risk it pose.

Just as a comparison and Formula 1 racing drivers suit or undergarments can withstand a fire for about 1min. But eventually the heat will build up and cook the drive. 

As @Paul A also mentioned is the chemical toxin and the smoke. Most people that dies in fires (this is what fire brigade trainers told me when I were a fire warden at a call center) dies because they either got surprised by the heat buildup in confined space as in indoors or by smoke poisoning. 

when some plastics burn and you add water to put it out it turns into an acid from the chlorine in the smoke from the plastics. This too is something that one need to know about.

The energy released is huge. And it can be fast too which makes it almost as an explosion. It is something you need to respect and neat looking items might help you to feel safer. The big question is that a false security feeling or is it as good as it needs to be. 

The video do not impress me as these 2 people do not understand what they are up against if they drive a car with an item on fire inside it with smoke coming out. Putting out a video like this should make people think a bit what these are doing. 

Thanks for the info, I didn't know that plastic + water thing.

Driving with a fire inside a car doesn't sound good, true.

11 minutes ago, AtlasP said:

If true that means a bladder around the size of a drum liner (i.e. a really large trash bag) should work for most ~1800Wh wheels, which doesn't seem that unreasonable to me. (This becomes perhaps less feasible for the 2700-3600Wh behemoths.)

I think the problem would be, how can you make a bladder that can withstand the temperature of the fumes, and can reduce its size like a balloon.

3 minutes ago, Made_from_aliexpress said:

Thanks for the info, I didn't know that plastic + water thing.

Driving with a fire inside a car doesn't sound good, true.

It isn't all plastics but some just to be clear. 

When I worked as an IT reseller we had a fire at night in a store. Not the one I worked in though. That got closed and was never rebuild due the sprinklers spray of water mixed with the smoke burned everything with acid. The plastic here is what pc and monitor cases are made of. 

1 hour ago, Unventor said:

acid from the chlorine in the smoke from the plastics

Polyvinylchloride does this, it was used for water pipes for a while but had "problems" beyond emitting chlorine gas when it burned (working life of only 30 or so years). I don't think you can use it in the US for new plumbing these days, because of the chlorine production.

Am a bit concerned that a "farmer appeared out of no where" and ordered the video makers to remove a bag that was burning, with considerable amount of toxic smoke pouring out, intense heat, presumably flames shooting out.......would anyone upon witnessing this actually order another person(s) to move it?

Does not sound plausible....

To move a burning object, that is in an open outside clearing into the confines of a car......an object that was too hot to touch even two hours later.....

Liquid water to gaseous steam.

Water increases in volume by 1,700 times at standard temperature and pressure; this change in volume can be converted into mechanical work by steam engines such as reciprocating piston type engines and steam turbines, which are a sub-group of steam engines.

Not the exact same as burning batteries, but it gives an indication of the expansion in volume of gasses.

45 minutes ago, Paul A said:

Am a bit concerned that a "farmer appeared out of no where" and ordered the video makers to remove a bag that was burning, with considerable amount of toxic smoke pouring out, intense heat, presumably flames shooting out.......would anyone upon witnessing this actually order another person(s) to move it?

Does not sound plausible....

To move a burning object, that is in an open outside clearing into the confines of a car......an object that was too hot to touch even two hours later.....

Liquid water to gaseous steam.

Water increases in volume by 1,700 times at standard temperature and pressure; this change in volume can be converted into mechanical work by steam engines such as reciprocating piston type engines and steam turbines, which are a sub-group of steam engines.

Not the exact same as burning batteries, but it gives an indication of the expansion in volume of gasses.

Someone knows how many ml of electrolyte on a 18650 2500 mAh Panasonic/Samsung cell ?

Edited by Made_from_aliexpress
added "of electrolyte" to the post