KS S20 126V Requirement Debate?

Jason McNeil

15 hours ago, sevin7 said:

- The current high torque wheels don't even have enough torque for me, and they certainly don't have enough speed
- The current high speed wheels have enough speed, but not enough torque, and they are far too easy to overpower

In addition to what @mrelwood said another problem is that with your weight, height and hill situation you will always feel a lack of torque and speed because your expectations are set by the current standard and you see other people riding faster and conquering steeper hills. Even as wheels become torquier and faster you will still go slower than your girlfriend and daughter and will be the first to overheat or overpower your wheel. I have a similar problem with my brother weighing 20% less than me :). This inequality will only end when wheels acquire such power and weight that speed will be limited by safety, fear, and regulations, while acceleration will be limited by traction (judging by this it is entirely possible to make a gearless motor going 160kmh, but I expect a weight of 70kg+ and price of 10000$+ for an EUC with the proper setup). Only then will weight and size of the rider become mostly irrelevant. This is also why current EUC races should eventually introduce rider weight categories like martial arts.

• Like 2