So Thankful

gon2fast

You may be euphoric at the moment, but you need to understand that there is no known cure to this addiction!

And, despite your best efforts, you are now indentured, and have to accept a life that combines the simple bliss that comes from riding with the angst that comes from waiting for the next best EUC to be released...

You are fortunate though to have this forum as an online support group. Everyone here is similarly afflicted, and we all understand the support that needs to be provided for fellow sufferers!

TLDR... The forum rocks!

• Like 3

12 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

You may be euphoric at the moment, but you need to understand that there is no known cure to this addiction!

And, despite your best efforts, you are now indentured, ...

/me looks up from working on his spreadsheet yet again/as always, already just 2 days after the last huge update ( https://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/17309-up-to-date-euc-comparison-table/page/3/?tab=comments#comment-382125 )

Addiction/indentured you say..

I'm in this comment and I don't like it. ;-p

Edited by AtlasP
  • Like 1

For sure. It is one of the few things I can do to relax. When I am feeling down, it is pretty much the only sure fire way I know to feel better quickly. When I'm feeling down I go for a ride and its gone within minutes. It is so awesome to just fly down a narrow street with trees on the side on a cool overcast day, going slightly faster than what the road was made for. I think part of it is that there is no room for other thoughts when you are pushing it, but even just cruising around gives almost instant relaxation. It has given me a community to belong to, a hobby, a whole lot of fun, and in the future a vehicle. It gives me a little taste of the future and makes me think about what else lies in the future. I love thinking about the future and discovering that futuristic technology exists right now was so awesome. I wish I could re live the moment when I discovered the EUC... it was so unreal. I am really grateful.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, ShanesPlanet said:

Yup! Just dont ruin it by having to don 30lbs of safety gear and mess with three cameras. I love riding but generally abhor the extra BS some of us feel compelled to do along with it. Ruined a great ride today with too many extras. Nothing beats merely walking up to a wheel and gliding off with absolutely no purpose!

Lol already at the phase of “how do I streamline my safety gear?”. Gearing up is such a drag but getting my skin grated off seems much, much worse. Just riding down to the end of my block without gear made me so anxious that I couldn’t enjoy myself. :wacko: 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KNZ said:

Lol already at the phase of “how do I streamline my safety gear?”. Gearing up is such a drag but getting my skin grated off seems much, much worse. Just riding down to the end of my block without gear made me so anxious that I couldn’t enjoy myself. :wacko: 

Double edged sword for sure. We can just be thankful we have choices at all. :)

• Like 1