recalibrating from vertical to horizontal

PTrider

I too think it is not possible. It would be better to buy a new main board made for horizontal mounting. I had the same problem with a generic chinese brand similar to SML140. I solved the problem leaving the main board in its vertical position on the right side of the EUC and adding the second battery pack inside the shell on its top

On 1/15/2016 at 3:37 PM, zlymex said:

There is a hard way that de-solder the gyro chip and re-solder it 90 degree vertical.

What does the gyro chip look like ?

38 minutes ago, Oily said:

What does the gyro chip look like ?

@zlymexpicture shows one common type of MEMS gyro (MicroElectroMechanical Systems ) but Farnell list 51 options: http://uk.farnell.com/mems-modules so yours may be different. You won't find de-soldering it and fitting it at 90 degrees trivial and it will need to be quite rigidly mounted or the wheels behaviour could be, at best, "interesting"!

Long winded way of saying it's not an option I'd consider lightly. Replacing the board with @electric_vehicle_lover open source board would probably be more worth considering?

14 minutes ago, Keith said:

@zlymexpicture shows one common type of MEMS gyro (MicroElectroMechanical Systems ) but Farnell list 51 options: http://uk.farnell.com/mems-modules so yours may be different. You won't find de-soldering it and fitting it at 90 degrees trivial and it will need to be quite rigidly mounted or the wheels behaviour could be, at best, "interesting"!

Long winded way of saying it's not an option I'd consider lightly. Replacing the board with @electric_vehicle_lover open source board would probably be more worth considering?

Thanks Keith - looking how small it is - I won't be moving it !

I'm looking to relocate the board from right hand side to below the handle (so I can run dual 16 cell batteries - 1 in each side) - I think I'll just buy a new main board ! :) 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived