Ninebot One E Reliability

Rotator

6 hours ago, dpong said:

@Rotator - Wow!  That is a lot of mileage!  Super!

Mine is still running fine, too.  I'm at almost 2,300 miles, running 1.2.2.   I, too, replaced my battery this year due to degradation.  I left it charged 100% most of the winter when not riding.  My bad. 

IMG_7757.jpg

Hey, more than 2200 miles and you had to change the battery?  You got your money's worth.:)  How about the total run time?  That would be interesting to compare.  Mine is at 98 hours at 330 miles in about 13 months.  The total run time includes some few minutes here and there testing the app, calibrating the wheel, resting my feet and so on.  I don't ride everyday, used to ride several times a week but now usually just ride on the weekends.

4 minutes ago, steve454 said:

Hey, more than 2200 miles and you had to change the battery?  You got your money's worth.:)  How about the total run time?  That would be interesting to compare.  Mine is at 98 hours at 330 miles in about 13 months.  The total run time includes some few minutes here and there testing the app, calibrating the wheel, resting my feet and so on.  I don't ride everyday, used to ride several times a week but now usually just ride on the weekends.

Here you go.  By the way, did you do the math conversion on the 7000 km that @Rotator rode?   Holy smokes!  That's like 4,350 MILES!  Geez!  I'm an amateur.  

IMG_7758.jpg

11 minutes ago, dpong said:

did you do the math conversion on 7000 km?   Holy smokes!  That's like 4,350 MILES!  Geez!  I'm an amateur

I think you are a Platinum Knight according the the app.  That's pretty close to the top of the N Coins award top tier, I would not call you an amateur.:thumbup:  If you are about ready to get a different wheel, maybe you should go to firmware 1.4.0 just to see if it is any different.  Ninebot has stayed with this latest firmware for over a year now, I am beginning to think it will never be updated again.:cry2:

@Rotator Well done! and cudos to Ninebot for quality wheel!

10 hours ago, steve454 said:

I think you are a Platinum Knight according the the app.  That's pretty close to the top of the N Coins award top tier, I would not call you an amateur.:thumbup:  If you are about ready to get a different wheel, maybe you should go to firmware 1.4.0 just to see if it is any different.  Ninebot has stayed with this latest firmware for over a year now, I am beginning to think it will never be updated again.:cry2:

Seems they have achieved the 1.4.0 on both miniPro and ninebot one now. So maybe they spending more time on S2 now.

On ‎14‎.‎03‎.‎2017 at 0:40 AM, steve454 said:

... Ninebot has stayed with this latest firmware for over a year now, I am beginning to think it will never be updated again.:cry2:

Ninebot got a surprise for us! 1.4.1 is out and available to download. I'm not going to be the first person to try it out but some sources says that 8KHz sound is now gone...

3 hours ago, Vik's said:

I'm not going to be the first person to try it out but some sources says that 8KHz sound is now gone...

Taking Ninebots' track record with certain updates into account, can't really blame you ;)

3 hours ago, Vik's said:

Ninebot got a surprise for us! 1.4.1 is out and available to download. I'm not going to be the first person to try it out but some sources says that 8KHz sound is now gone...

I will try it out, but mine is at 1.4.0 and the app says it is the latest version.  But I did get a message that a new version of the app was available so I updated the app, it is now at version 3.7.7, the old version was 3.7.6.  No difference in the screens as far as I can tell.

Maybe they are rolling out the new firmware country by country?

1 hour ago, steve454 said:

I will try it out, but mine is at 1.4.0 and the app says it is the latest version.  But I did get a message that a new version of the app was available so I updated the app, it is now at version 3.7.7, the old version was 3.7.6.  No difference in the screens as far as I can tell.

Maybe they are rolling out the new firmware country by country?

Either that or by serialnumber?

2 hours ago, esaj said:

Taking Ninebots' track record with certain updates into account, can't really blame you ;)

Spot on! ;)

On ‎19‎.‎03‎.‎2017 at 1:08 AM, steve454 said:

Where, please , and thank you.

Steve, you can now try to upgrade your 9b1 to 1.4.1 (and even go back to previous versions) by following this guide:

14 hours ago, Vik's said:

you can now try to upgrade your 9b1 to 1.4.1 (and even go back to previous versions) by following this guide:

From what I read, when you go back to a previous version it shows up as 1.4.1, even though it might be a previous version, it shows as a new version in the app.  I don't have anywhere near the knowledge to do that even if I wanted to:blink1:  I'll just check the app for new firmware every now and then, but I think 1.4.0 is where it will stay because it works well and I don't think Ninebot is going to try and improve it.  Thanks for the link, it was very interesting to know that changing the firmware is possible.   It would be fun if the firmware could be changed in the app anytime you wanted, just by selecting the version in the app.

9 hours ago, steve454 said:

From what I read, when you go back to a previous version it shows up as 1.4.1, even though it might be a previous version, it shows as a new version in the app.  I don't have anywhere near the knowledge to do that even if I wanted to:blink1: 

The thing is that as long as you running your app  through "modified" server on your computer, the app will always think that there is a new version available (1.4.2). And as soon you change your smartphones wifi-settings to default, you will get no notifications and your app will show correct fw version info. So it's nothing scary here since the firmware writing process itself is done by official ninebot app.

So don't be shy, give it a try! ;) And ask if there are things you don't understand.

Archived