Riding home from the pub after New Year celebration?

DangerousDick

So, firstly of course, Happy New Year 2016 everybody :D

How many of us are planning a trip home from the festivities tonight then - I'm facing a couple of hours walk, a ridiculously large taxi bill, or around an hour on the EUC.

Weather forecast checked, no rain, clear skies, 2 degrees (c!) feels like ZERO :(, 6mph southerly with no gusts.

No occifer I haven't been drinking - why, was I swerving about ;) ??

Whatever you're up to, have a good one - and stay safe, always ride responsibly and wearing the correct attire :)

Cheers, Richard.

Not tonight, but on the subject of, ahem, drink driving, two days ago I found what I call my 'euc bell-shaped curve' of intoxication.

Wheeling with up to 3 pints of lager inside me, actually improves my skills as im relaxed, more confident and yet fine motor skills and balance are relatively unaffected.

Sadly, I decided to see what my limit was before 'diminishing returns' occur on the euc and it is around 4 pints. Was going fine for 2 mins and felt great before suddenly unceremoniously smacking straight into a wall after failing to negotiate a corner. A few scratches on the wheel but nothing serious.

All in the name of science of course ?

Happy NY to all!

Happy New Year to all!

On the topic of riding in the cold, I find this balaclava to be very warm and it fits under a helmet:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DQAG0KU

As for "spiritual" EU riding, If a member of law enforcement ever thinks your riding is erratic, suggest that they try riding the EU in a straight line and it will convince them that the wobbles are inherent to the device.

balaclava.jpg

I don't advocate or recommend riding under influence of anything which might affect your balance, reflexes or observation, and have done so exactly once (during a barbeque and only in my own backyard lawn with the 14" generic for about 5 minutes), but this seems to fit this topic:

ballmer_peak.png

Since drunk in charge of a bicycle certainly exists in the UK: http://www.ctc.org.uk/sites/default/files/file_public/cycling-influence4marv.pdf I suspect a traffic officer really might think it was Christmas if presented with a drunk EUC rider.

On the other hand maybe it would be too much like hard work, would it be seen as a bicycle or motor vehicle by the courts or neither?

Fairly sure I wouldn't want to be the test case ?

Well, glad to say I made it in one piece - and without attracting any attention from the fuz :P

Cold doesn't even start to describe the experience, but I didn't fall off, or damage the EUC - even fest better when I got in for the 'fresh air' :)

A good lie-in this morning has been welcome and looking out the window I think I'll stay under this warm quilt for as long as I can?  Now where did I leave that charger?

I dont recommend this but so far i actually had a very positive experience drunk riding my wheel. On the first day of ever trying to riding a unicycke, 2 hours into it i had two large beers and didnt notice any difference in riding except a slight feeling of euphoria :) 

since then whether i woukd come back from a get together with coworkers in a bar, or a Christmas party celebration, i always made it home one piece and in fact having drunk before made my legs more relaxed and react better to the bumps in the road, ( or maybe i just cared less about those bumps :) the cold wind in my face always reduced the effect of alchohol, and i never fell even when i was riding wasted.

Of course there is a point in drinking after which my riding ability would be compromised.

Glad everyone is making it home one piece this new years!

Archived