V11 is so smooth.

Zopper

I see that I am not the only one going though that transition from riding an EUC into a new gen. era. 

I wish you great joy with your rides.

• Like 1

This wheel just wants to go fast. Probably faster than I should with just 120 km. :efeec46606:  Which brings me to a question. What limits do you have set for V11 in EUC.World/WheelLog/...? I don't want to get caught when missing beeps from the wheel itself. :D At this moment, I have current alarm set to 30A and spike current alarm to 50A. Is that a reasonable, or am I underestimating the limits? I've tried to ride a bit over the 30A app alarm, listening carefully for the wheel to complain, or for tiltback, and I didn't notice anything.

Since I don't have my V11 up and running I am not 100% sure on this.

I think I raised the app alarm to 40A and spike amp to 45A. When I had the amp alarm on 35 I had constant alarms as soon I didn't "crawled" in pedestrian areas.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Zopper said:

This wheel just wants to go fast. Probably faster than I should with just 120 km. :efeec46606:  Which brings me to a question. What limits do you have set for V11 in EUC.World/WheelLog/...? I don't want to get caught when missing beeps from the wheel itself. :D At this moment, I have current alarm set to 30A and spike current alarm to 50A. Is that a reasonable, or am I underestimating the limits? I've tried to ride a bit over the 30A app alarm, listening carefully for the wheel to complain, or for tiltback, and I didn't notice anything.

I use fancy mode and 8% speed correction, my alarms are for speed: 51kmh/100%, 47kmh/80%, 42kmh/30%

As for current I don't use that but doing wheel alarm and tiltback tests yesterday it was not unusual to hit 45-46A when hitting the top speed.

Btw what is the difference between current and peak current from EUC.W/Alert perspective?

Edited by Rawnei
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Rawnei said:

Btw what is the difference between current and peak current from EUC.W/Alert perspective?

It is somewhat smoothen out but the peak setting is to give the rider an idea of how far the wheel is being pushed.

The tricky part here is different bands react differently to this and how it is reported. 

I have asked @Seba if it is possible to pull some guideline values as suggestions for people. To keep this reply on track I can say that it seems to me that the V11 in general is very resilient do to different things. One if the part is the suspension helps to mitigate peaks. But it is partly to how Inmotion seem to avoid too spiky values that could be misinterpreted. 

The norm a GW rider have grown to understand fra GW do not translate to IM or KS for that matter. 

The KS16X I rode to lunch and hospital today is good in its way. But that is nothing like the V11.  I am missing a lot so I hope I can get it back up running ASAP. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the info. :-)

And I'm also surprised at the V11's range. I didn't do a big, all battery trip yet, but it seems that as long as I'm not going big hills, I'm likely to get about 100 km even if I push it a bit, a with a slightly more relaxed ride than usual I could get the marketed values. :o It will drop if/when I unlock myself to 50 rather than 40 km (limited just by euc.world beeps, wheel is set to 50).

My long term average power consumption with V10F is about 24 Wh/km. Now, on routes where V10F would be about that average 24 Wh/km, V11 is telling me 16 Wh/km or so. And I'm already riding the route faster than I would with V10F. So, I expect that my long term average will go up once I have a few hundred km behind me, but it's clear I can have really long distance rides without having to hold myself back. Note, my weight is in the neighbourhood of 60 kg.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Zopper said:

My long term average power consumption with V10F is about 24 Wh/km. Now, on routes where V10F would be about that average 24 Wh/km, V11 is telling me 16 Wh/km or so.

I see this as a sign you are not yet pushing your V11. 

Once you go a bit faster and a bit more aggressiv you will see this nummer climb. 

I am mostly in 22-25wh/km but I have peaked over a 5-6km ride at 35wh/km. 

I am pretty sure you see this within a short time that you trust to demand more and then you will see you can do more on a bigger rim that at first seems impossible. 

A good way to see this is to use tour log in EUC.WORLD. that gives you data you can compare rides that you do frequently.  And over time you get an understanding of what impact weather/temperature/wind do go the wh/km.

16 minutes ago, Unventor said:

A good way to see this is to use tour log in EUC.WORLD.

I do use it. I checked now two tours that are comparable (80% of it is the exact same route, just one goes a bit further) and with V11 I have higher average speed by about 5 km (19 vs 24), higher top speed (34 vs 44), and also higher max power (~2450W vs 3300W) and almost the same max braking power. But the average power per km is 23.4Wh for V10F and 16.6Wh for V11. 

I expect it will climb up, but to get this consumption at V10F, I would have to limit myself a lot. I suspect that the suspension helps with consumption especially at broken roads made of concrete panels, and so on, where I was getting warning beeps from V10 if I rode 30, but V11 is fine with going over 40 and having about the same power consumption in this spot despite 30 % more speed.

23 hours ago, Unventor said:

I am mostly in 22-25wh/km but I have peaked over a 5-6km ride at 35wh/km. 

I am pretty sure you see this within a short time that you trust to demand more and then you will see you can do more on a bigger rim that at first seems impossible. 

So, I've got some few-km rides with about 22-25 Wh/km, and I think I heard it beep at me a few times. But it's been much faster and harder ride than what my usual V10F rides were and I'm pretty sure that with a V10F I wouldn't manage to keep the pace. So while I see myself eventually getting near this value again, I still think that V11 is more efficient than V10F.

I get about 22-23 Wh/km and I ride near top speed (fancy) most of the time but also a lot seated which reduces the wind resistance.

Day 7: I still think that it's awesome wheel. I have some more observations:

• A protection for the bottom part of V11 is absolutely necessary when riding up curbs and for off-road. Luckily I installed some right away. 
  • The rubber cap on the handle needs to be attached somehow, because it likes to slowly slips off when trolleying around.
  • The space above the mainboard/under the handle is great storage for gloves when in shop. 
  • The kickstand is far more useful than I expected it to be, and it's far easier to forget to raise it than I hoped for. I have multiple black paint smears on the stairs to (or from, in this case) my home. :D

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Zopper said:
  • A protection for the bottom part of V11 is absolutely necessary when riding up curbs and for off-road. Luckily I installed some right away. 

Mmm I smacked into a high curb today, had some neoprene today but there is visible dents in the shell, wish it wasn't so low.

10 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

Mmm I smacked into a high curb today, had some neoprene today but there is visible dents in the shell, wish it wasn't so low.

How high and hard is your cover? I have about 5 mm thick TPU (really hard "rubber") reaching a bit above the second shell screw, pretty much like these: https://hulaj.market/en/inmotion-v11/149-a-set-of-lower-bumpers-for-inmotion-v11-protecting-the-lower-part-of-the-unicycle-housing.html
Today I managed to rip it off the upper screw, so I'm printing a new one with a bit more material around the screw (I was kinda expecting this will happen - it was the first iteration after all :D), but it did the job and prevented any damage of the shell.

Edited by Zopper
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Zopper said:

How high and hard is your cover? I have about 5 mm thick TPU (really hard "rubber") reaching a bit above the second shell screw, pretty much like these: https://hulaj.market/en/inmotion-v11/149-a-set-of-lower-bumpers-for-inmotion-v11-protecting-the-lower-part-of-the-unicycle-housing.html
Today I managed to rip it off the upper screw, so I'm printing a new one with a bit more material around the screw (I was kinda expecting this will happen - it was the first iteration after all :D), but it did the job and prevented any damage of the shell.

It's just thin neoprene so not good protection at all.

• 2 weeks later...

I crossed 400 km today, on a nice trail. Well, nice... it was nice to look at. Not so nice to ride on. With roots and rocks crossing the narrow path at exactly the worst places, sometimes forming nasty, uneven stairs. And I somehow managed to chip a small bit of a pedal (about 3x3 mm of metal is missing at the upper edge) without even knowing exactly where - let's say I had a few close calls today and the pedals scraped on something more than once. :D 

Also, I went over the same path that was the "last drop" in getting me from V10F to V11 - wide and nice looking forest trail, but essentially a gravel locked in dirt. V10F was shaking a lot there, at a high frequency, low amplitude moves that are impossible to really dampen with legs. For V11 it was like a pavement. 

IMG_1719 2.jpeg

• Like 1