Do any workplaces use EUC's regularly?

Gasmantle

Just a question out of curiosity, I wonder do any companies regularly use EUC's to assist their staff movement?

I'd have thought EUC's would be ideal at large industrial complexes, ports, building sites etc but have never heard of them being used.

• Like 1

I seem to remember reading that staff on large container ships / oil tankers etc use pedal cycles to travel around the deck, presumably an EUC would be ideal for that kind of thing.

I guess nowadays Health and Safety would get involved and try to kill the idea.

Eons ago when I worked for a company that had/has? the largest building in the world (covers 98 acres), there were pedal bikes all over the place so you could get from one end of a plant to the other before the end of the day. Even had a very large dedicated bike maintenance shop. While it would be more fun to have wheels, I agree with @Gasmantle that legal would smack that idea down in a nanosecond. Sad though.

Edited by Tawpie
  • Like 2

Electric kick scooters and bicycles maybe, but EUCs and esk8es, no way those will ever be allowed. Much too inherently unsafe and accident prone.

• Like 1

Can't even ride one on the golf courses around here, let alone in a building for commercial purposes. Insurance and risk, far too high. Considering the amount of people who have a hard time merely paying attention and walking... it's obvious and I agree.

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, ShanesPlanet said:

Can't even ride one on the golf courses around here, let alone in a building for commercial purposes. Insurance and risk, far too high. Considering the amount of people who have a hard time merely paying attention and walking... it's obvious and I agree.

We got this mall out in the boonies and an attraction they got is renting out these three wheel electric scooters that are designed to look like safari animals. It’s gotten quite popular for kids and some adventurous adults. $20 for 15 minutes! The mall is one level so no escalators or stairs. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Kekafuch said:

We got this mall out in the boonies and an attraction they got is renting out these three wheel electric scooters that are designed to look like safari animals. It’s gotten quite popular for kids and some adventurous adults. $20 for 15 minutes! The mall is one level so no escalators or stairs. 

SOUnds like fun times! Take an euc down there and try rent it for $20 for 20 minutes and see how that winds up. :)  No escalators or stairs? Could you imagine the fun to watch this if there were?! Sounds like a mall wide game of 'freeze tag' is in order.

Edited by ShanesPlanet