Making Begode RS road ready (with attempts to insulate it from water damage)

• Lukasz changed the title to Making Begode RS road ready (with attempts to insulate it from water damage)

Honestly its seems pretty sad that the consumer has to do most of what you implemented as GW coulda shoulda done all that as part of the design & assembly process. From what I can tell, its very cost effective when done at the factory.

Sincerely speaking, I hope you can shoot an email to GW to inform them of what you did. It wouldn't take much for GW to up its much needed game. IMO ofcos.

Edited by Scottie888
  • Like 3

You are right - GW/Begode shall do most of this AT THE FACTORY....      their wheels offer high ride performance but overall pro-client / quality / reliability  is ...  noto so special. This should not be done this way that owner has to dismantle new wheel to pieces to mend what factory forgot / did not care to do properly.

2 minutes ago, Patricio Bohórquez Rodríguez de Medina said:

24 v fan? Does it work? The original one is 12v🤷‍♀️ Where is the trick? 

This fan which I have used  is 40x28mm, operates from below 10VDC - and at 12V consume around 0,11A, this is very new fan construction with high efficiency/low power motor. I think that this flow and pressure is sufficient in such small enclosure to move air around. Old fan in MSX was 5V 40x10mm size, with minimal flow/pressure, so this is anyway big step forward. In case I reach high temp limit I can always replace it with stronger (but also louder) model. 

3 hours ago, DjPanJan said:

@Lukasz Now real question how mutch money you want for doing this on RS HT. 👍🏼🤑💰

I do not offer "weterproofing services" but I offer parts which I have designed to make those upgrades. Please PM me for details on the email given at the pictures.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

FYI - another 5 sets of my bearings system insulation has been installed - no issues reported till now.

Please remember to seal using silicone the holes between tire compartment and LED edge lamps. This is another design failure of BEGODE which must be mended by users. 

• Like 1

I’m going to want to water proof my new rs when I get it. I feel like your design might be better with the sealed wall, than the rings that just cover the Bearing that I’ve seen installed before. Looks more water resistant

On 3/26/2021 at 9:01 PM, Namuhan said:

Please explain the above with unambiguous pictures. You are a godsend when it comes to waterproofing RS19. Wish I could understand it better. What should be most important to do in #1

Key is to protect bearings from getting wet as they are expensive large bearings. My system seems to work - it is in use on more than 5 wheels now - so far no issues.

It is also important to check sealing of holes on front color lamps and on rear color lamps as there are holes between tire compartment and lamps. In case You ride on wet - lamps will be flooded soon.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I have the Rs and I have 2 issues to solve, but I am quiet noobie in this, so I really need some guidance. I have a lot of dust and stuff under the LED lights and I don't know, how to get it out. I tried to push out the leds, but In each LED stripe is a hole, to push out the LEDs and second hole with silicon. I thought I need to push threw the silicon to poke out the LEDs, but I found my self digging to that silicone till I found cables. That stopped me from getting out the LEDs, because I was scared of doing something wrong. Also my fan is really useless. With new design of motherboard cover, I managed to overheat my wheel to 80°C really easy. My friend on msx had just 65°C, he is also 20 kilos heavier. I really need some better fan for that.

Thank you for your reply.

Robert

On 4/16/2021 at 10:25 AM, Robo said:

Hi, I have the Rs and I have 2 issues to solve, but I am quiet noobie in this, so I really need some guidance. I have a lot of dust and stuff under the LED lights and I don't know, how to get it out. I tried to push out the leds, but In each LED stripe is a hole, to push out the LEDs and second hole with silicon. I thought I need to push threw the silicon to poke out the LEDs, but I found my self digging to that silicone till I found cables. That stopped me from getting out the LEDs, because I was scared of doing something wrong. Also my fan is really useless. With new design of motherboard cover, I managed to overheat my wheel to 80°C really easy. My friend on msx had just 65°C, he is also 20 kilos heavier. I really need some better fan for that.

Thank you for your reply.

Robert

For lamps - to get them out You have to remove some of the silicone around the cable holes, unscrew the single screw which is located in the middle of the lamp (on the back to do so You have to remove handle) and slowly push the lamps out - this takes like 15 minutes of more of slow work to push them out without breaking them.

When You get them out You will see that there are holes in che chassis between the tire well and the inside of the lamps - which is design failure of Begode, but they COULD think about it and silicone those holes well....      but as usual they DiD NOT .  

The fan I have used is weaker than original - so if You need better cooling maybe jest remove the cover from the PCB?

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys, i want to swap the New Black motherboard in the RS HT. And now i have seen that the New one (or its Heatsinkplate) is bigger an doesnt fit because of this round black Plastic-thing on the bottom corner of the inner shell....you can see it on this picture on the the left to the mainboard --what is this thing? (On the New batches it isnt there anymore) 

image.png.c46dfdedd8f832bd25af36a6b90f43b9.png

But when i Look at it again i think it wouldnt fit anyways because there are more small changes in the Strukture of the inner shell.....so i have to swap the New Black board to the old Heatsink and drill  2 New tapped holes.....because the New Blackboard has different doughterboard Hole-Layout and 2 other mounting holes

My Green Board is totally fine and really good, just want to test the New one...

Perhabs it just can be popped in but this black round plastic peace definitely must get out....

I dont have the Black board here, but soon..and thats why i asked

• Like 1

• 1 year later...