V11 3rd batch changes

Rich Sam

Received 3rd batch wheel on Sunday, unpacked and pumped shocks, and it looks like they listened to feedback.  Hex bolts on top saddle mounts have been reinforced and shock cover is more recessed now giving more clearance.

My first wheel, so I have nothing to compare it to, but the feeling of flying down the parking Lot cannot be described!  I cannot get the dang inmotion app to download the update for the wheel as others have mentioned in other threads.

Very pleased with this wheel and the whole learning experience as a whole.

Tip!  when learning on this wheel, get EUC World app and disable the disengage button on the handle.  This will allow you to step off while learning and just grab the wheel without it falling down.  You can still grab without it falling down... however with it disengaged you have to manage forward and back weight support as well as side to side.  Just side to side is much better!

IMG_20210118_082334.jpg

IMG_20210118_082252.jpg

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Firmware updates not working is a common problem? This might be a solution:

Fantasitc!  Thanks.  Yea a little uneasy opening up the advanced permission but if that is what it needs, that is what it needs.

Day 2 of riding I decided to try some uneven ground, 1st day was flat parking lot to learn on. 

Very pleased that it can push my fat butt up some pretty decent inclines.  275lbs of pure loving it pushed up my street at 25-30 degree incline!  Did not think it's possible.  Totally stoked.  I'm surrounded by hills, and it can push some major weight after I unlocked performance mode in EUC World!

I read it got a 200 watt bump in the motor in the 3rd batches to 2200 watts nominal.  Did a little night riding, Yes it has a really wicked headlights, but I found that in a heavy lean going @25+ mph the light mostly points right in front you :(

Still trying to dial in sag on the suspension as the weight diagram does not really go up to my class of rider :)   at 275 lbs I ran with 10 lbs over highest for 260 lb rider.  50 on top and 180 on the bottom gives me around 20-30% sag which is super comfy for cruising.  Going to toy around with maybe 10 lbs higher hopefully I don't blow the shocks.

Totally stoked how fun this thing is!

• Like 2

Read a thread on pedal stiffness in the v11 forum and found a tip!  @Chaotropic mentioned tilt back helps with beam throw further down range and wow did it work.   Went for a midnight ride through my neighborhood and throw and light was not an issue anymore.  Added benefit at -3 degrees if felt more natural anyway.

• Like 1

Glad you like this wheel mate. Some of the first wheels had bearings problems - I hope its solved now. Be aware of how the wheel sounds. Read here: If the problem is solved you prob have the best wheel on the marked. Its a good idea to buy charger #2 so you can riode more hours pr day. Studed footpedals is a wonderfull thing too. 

Good luck 

• Like 2

On 1/19/2021 at 1:23 AM, Rich Sam said:

at 275 lbs I ran with 10 lbs over highest for 260 lb rider

Take it easy, sooner or later you will overpower the machine at this weight. Go gentle on acceleration and deceleration the first months while you learn what it can handle.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tryptych said:

Take it easy, sooner or later you will overpower the machine at this weight. Go gentle on acceleration and deceleration the first months while you learn what it can handle.

So far knock on wood no worries.  On steep hill climbs I feel slow down especially when battery < 80%, but nothing as far tilt backs or beeps yet.   Bit shocked actually at the weight it can handle.

6 hours ago, Finn Bjerke said:

Glad you like this wheel mate. Some of the first wheels had bearings problems - I hope its solved now. Be aware of how the wheel sounds. Read here: If the problem is solved you prob have the best wheel on the marked. Its a good idea to buy charger #2 so you can riode more hours pr day. Studed footpedals is a wonderfull thing too. 

Good luck 

I saw your posts and why I have bearings on my mind when I hear grinding :)  Thanks for the link and tips.  Hope late fall\winter batches sorted this better.

I have a Gotway RS. I've had it a few weeks. So far no bearing noise. Around  here it's wet most of the year. I hope the bearings last a while. The V11 and the new Gotway wheels appear to use the same bearings. I think they are stronger than the normal euc axles. I'm not a light weight either. I'm around 250 pounds and 6' 2". If my bearings give out I'll have to find a compromise on quality vs price. These size bearings can get to astronomical prices. The Euc Bros have a video of a bearing change on a Gotway RS. I think it's easier on this style of bearing than the smaller ones.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Unipilot69 said:

The V11 and the new Gotway wheels appear to use the same bearings. I think they are stronger than the normal euc axles. 

What makes you think so? There are youtube vidoes indicating Gotway Bearings are much bigger than the Inmotions ditto. (check out the EUC bros)  Regarding bearings: Inmotion V11 have used 2 types if my info is correct:  First batches V11 used bearings 6818 rs2, later motorwheels used 6919 rs2. different size and "walls" of the baerings are stronger in later version... On the other hand: Maybe smaller is stronger in the universe of bearings. Do the math: Engineers know shit .. I dont. Relevant info below. Good videos. 
V11 is highly addictive, extremely versatile and comfy. Sorry about the flaws,

Let me Quote a Lennon McCartney dialogue:
"I have to admit it getting better, getting better  all the time - it couldnt bee much worse "

2020-12-18-152640.jpg

Edited by Finn Bjerke
  • Like 1

I don't think the size difference makes one size much stronger than the other for the euc application. These style of bearings are used in niche industrial applications. Powered paraglider motors use them on the propeller shaft. That's why to get top quality bearings can cost more than the euc. I think the main problem is shitty quality. You can akso wreck a top quality bearing with an improper install. If mine go to shit I'll get in contact with the"EUC Bros". They have found a decent bearing source that won't cost over half the price of the euc. 

15 hours ago, Unipilot69 said:

I have a Gotway RS. I've had it a few weeks. So far no bearing noise. Around  here it's wet most of the year. I hope the bearings last a while. The V11 and the new Gotway wheels appear to use the same bearings. I think they are stronger than the normal euc axles. I'm not a light weight either. I'm around 250 pounds and 6' 2". If my bearings give out I'll have to find a compromise on quality vs price. These size bearings can get to astronomical prices. The Euc Bros have a video of a bearing change on a Gotway RS. I think it's easier on this style of bearing than the smaller ones.

glad to see another big boy enjoying EUCs.  Yeah I have been peeking at EUC bros channel and they have some really cool vids.  Both on the mechanic side and some pretty agressive riding...  Did you see the vid of that 5 year old clearing some pretty aggresive gaps?  Makes me feel old watching :)

I suspect my lack of jumping and my unwillingness to  purposefully ride in the rain hopefully will reduce the risk of bearing wear.

I've had a go at Tape Worm and Duthie hill on a regular unicycle. I'll give it a go on the RS as well. My riding will be mixed with the euc. In the last 10 years I have accumulated about 6000 miles on a geared 36 inch regular unicycle. I have about another 1000 on my mountain unicycle. My arthritis is worsening and it's spreading. I would like to jump like a maniac but that's not good on arthritic knees. I will attempt jumps with a steep landing or the roller type. That way it's usually softer on landing. 

2 hours ago, Unipilot69 said:

I will attempt jumps with a steep landing or the roller type. That way it's usually softer on landing.

If I understood you correctly and you are talking about jumping on an EUC, I’d strongly advise against landing on downhill. The braking torque demand for the wheel gets huge very fast, and the wheel will rather easily fail to brake fast enough. It’s literally your arse on the line, if you get my meaning... ;)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mrelwood said:

If I understood you correctly and you are talking about jumping on an EUC, I’d strongly advise against landing on downhill. The braking torque demand for the wheel gets huge very fast, and the wheel will rather easily fail to brake fast enough. It’s literally your arse on the line, if you get my meaning... ;)

Excellent point. Sounds like something Fantomas could answer with great surety.

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, ShanesPlanet said:

Excellent point. Sounds like something Fantomas could answer with great surety.

When I see vids doing big jumping, you have to land on a decline, or you run the risk of shearing your pedals off with the greater force of landing flat.  Now to back up what you guys are saying I hear their wheel beeping like crazy throughout their ride warning them they are at the limits.  Check this vid out gentlemen.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rich Sam said:

When I see vids doing big jumping, you have to land on a decline, or you run the risk of shearing your pedals off with the greater force of landing flat.  Now to back up what you guys are saying I hear their wheel beeping like crazy throughout their ride warning them they are at the limits.  Check this vid out gentlemen.

Landing flat after a big jump is what I like to call A 'pileup'. Knees only have so much flex. Im sure our local skateboard rats and motorcross riders can recall how nice it is to overshoot the double jump. Question is.. will the wheel or the body, crumple first? I watched an x-games type jump somewhere on an euc. He landed it, so there must be SOME way to succeed. I'm guessing the room for error is tiny and I do think he landed on a soft ramp. Probably the same fantomas, as who in the hell else does that kinda shit? IIRC, he wasnt on a suspension wheel tho. Suspension on a 200' jump is prolly akin to pissin on a forest fire.

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, ShanesPlanet said:

Landing flat after a big jump is what I like to call A 'pileup'. Knees only have so much flex. Im sure our local skateboard rats and motorcross riders can recall how nice it is to overshoot the double jump. Question is.. will the wheel or the body, crumple first? I watched an x-games type jump somewhere on an euc. He landed it, so there must be SOME way to succeed. I'm guessing the room for error is tiny and I do think he landed on a soft ramp. Probably the same fantomas, as who in the hell else does that kinda shit? IIRC, he wasnt on a suspension wheel tho. Suspension on a 200' jump is prolly akin to pissin on a forest fire.

I don't see ANYONE doing big airs on a V11, usually begode.   Chooch tech probably had the most aggressive ride I have seen on a V11 doing some small to medium sized gaps.

I'm most likely too old and fat to do that anytime soon!  I just want to flow, maybe do some curb hops.  If I'm feeling over rebellious maybe some stairs :)  Later though, a bit later hehe.

I'll attempt jumping a little bit later. I only have 80 miles on the RS. It's extremely muddy this time of year. Need to let the trails dry out a little anyway. I've gone down stairs on my regular unicycles so I'm not too concerned taking them on an euc. I'm not looking to launch to the moon. I'm old enough to heal very slowly and accelerate the damage caused by arthritis. I have to learn to land softly as possible. I'm heavy enough to destroy the unicycle. I won't even curb drop the mten3. I know I would destroy it.

On 1/26/2021 at 8:25 PM, Rich Sam said:

Look closely at the landing on the linked video. The guy was failing the moment he got airborne, and due to the total lack of control he landed with locked knees. I see literally zero knee flex. No surprise that regular GW pedals can’t take it.

Fantomas lands his MSP on flats all the time on his MTB park video, but he of course crouches very deep on every landing, to share the force over much longer time period.

On 1/26/2021 at 8:50 PM, Rich Sam said:

I don't see ANYONE doing big airs on a V11, usually begode.   Chooch tech probably had the most aggressive ride I have seen on a V11 doing some small to medium sized gaps.

The suspension wheels are adjusted to offer comfort for bumpy roads. Large jumps will surely bottom such a setup out, making the landing unpredictable. Also, if the landing is not 100% in balance, I’d also much rather let a powerful MSP to remedy the situation than a V11 or an S18.

A progressive S18 style suspension could be made and adjusted to take huge jumps, as long as the rest of the wheel was on par as well. But I don’t think any manufacturer will ever purposefully design a suspension EUC for those few crazy individuals. One might end up working for that also though, just like the MSP has turned out doing for most (if not all) of them crazies.

• Like 1