18xl arrived today.

Michael Robert Ryan

I wouldnt download the KSapp until you find a real need to. If you can find eucw or darknessbot, much better. KS used to make us log into their server, hopefully its no longer that way. Congrats!

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 2

No way was I gonna install the King Song app when I got my S18, too intrusive and unstable for my liking! Fortunately, EUC World will let you unlock the transport mode No Problem, @Seba is The "EUC Software Guru" No doubt!!!

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, fbhb said:

No way was I gonna install the King Song app when I got my S18, too intrusive and unstable for my liking! Fortunately, EUC World will let you unlock the transport mode No Problem, @Seba is The "EUC Software Guru" No doubt!!!

Already installed it. Is there some way I can uninstall?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Michael Robert Ryan said:

Already installed it. Is there some way I can uninstall?

Are you on Android or IOS?  I'm an Android user, so can only describe the procedure for that platform.  Go to "Settings" > go to "Apps" > go to the "King Song" app, then select uninstall, Done!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, fbhb said:

Are you on Android or IOS?  I'm an Android user, so can only describe the procedure for that platform.  Go to "Settings" > go to "Apps" > go to the "King Song" app, then select uninstall, Done!

probably the MOST important how to on this entire website^^^

EUCW FTW! Its free, but if ya donate a few $$, our resident member @Seba gets another drink to try and erase the horror of what monster he's unleashed.

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 3

On 1/6/2021 at 8:51 PM, ShanesPlanet said:

probably the MOST important how to on this entire website^^^

EUCW FTW! Its free, but if ya donate a few $$, our resident member @Seba gets another drink to try and erase the horror of what monster he's unleashed.

I downloaded EUCW, but how do I connect it?

hit the little green circle on first screen. You may need to search for devices. If the green dot is off, hit the wierd icon just next to it, top left.. SHouldnt need a password. Once connected, the green dot will be lit. If you have bluetooth music enabled on your device, you connect it as you would any other. My bluetooth music connects auto when I power up the wheel as its independant of eucw.

Edited by ShanesPlanet

I'm unsure if Euc World does fw updates for KS. If not you'd havta fire up the KS app & updates & whatnot. Fwiw ,my S18 went thru 2 fw updates since I got mine but make sure your serial# does NOT have a "P" or Kingsong might become Locksong before doing anything with the KS app.

Also your 18xl might be restricted to <20kph for the 1st 50kms (or something like that) & it'll progressive increase til max speed is unlocked after 100 or 200kms (forgot but I think its 200kms). Make sure you check Euc World app & up the speed limit as it gets unlocked.

• Like 1

I'm fairly certain EUCW can do both updates and reverts to Fw. I use darkness bot for my ipad mini, but its just when Im not near my lemfo. My DB is so outdated it cant see my sherman :blink1: Avoid the KS app at all costs, but I don't really know if they still require you geolocate at least once. If you purchased from a known USA retailer (you are near e-wheels), you neednt worry about having a geo locked device at all. Browse ALL the speed settings in eucw. You have to have alarms in sequential order and tiltback has to be higher than or equal to last alarm. @Scottie888 is correct. Theres a minimum mileage required to unlock full speed. Unofrtunately I dont recall how far as it changed recently. You're gna LOVE the 18XL, its a dream wheel of function and general purpose. Dont forget a rollNZ cover. Thhe 18XL is a nice wheel that doesnt typically call for power pads as its not a high performance oriented device for me. Im on fw 2.0 on my 18L and its marvelous, no complaints (very odd indeed). Wait... here's a complaint: Its not an inexpensive device and it won't make me a sammich.

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Michael Robert Ryan said:

I downloaded EUCW, but how do I connect it?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Scottie888 said:

I'm unsure if Euc World does fw updates for KS.

Of course it does :) EUC World not only supports firmware upgrades, but it also allows you to downgrade firmware. So you can test new firmware and if you don't like it, you can easily revert back to last used firmware. More, with EUC World you don't risk bricking your wheel as it often happens with KS app.

Edited by Seba
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Seba said:

Of course it does :) EUC World not only supports firmware upgrades, but it also allows you to downgrade firmware. So you can test new firmware and if you don't like it, you can easily revert back to last used firmware. More, with EUC World you don't risk bricking your wheel as it often happens with KS app.

Awesome! Now there's really no need to use KS app or GW app for that matter which for anyone who's tried them, are a ridiculously horrible experience. EUC World FTW anytime!!!

• Like 1

I'm a dedicated fan of EUCW and DarknessBot, but at least for me the KS iOS version works very well (no account required for simple configuration) and if you're willing to give them your location there are a few handy features. They ask for access to social but you don't have to give it unless you want to find fellow KS riders that are near you and active in the app. But the KS app pales in comparison and doesn't offer anything at all that demands its use. I do do my firmware changes with KS SoftTuner, you can sign in as 'guest'.

Please do support EUCW and DarknessBot, they have superior offerings.