V11 good bearings or bad bearings. Serial number?

Finn Bjerke

Ill get a new motor from Reseller since my V11 wheel sounds terrible, too much friction in the bearings.  Is there a way to find out if the new motor have the new or the old bearings ? Serial number or something. 

• Like 1

Over at telegram they got someserious debate going on: It seems that some Chinese bearings are low quality, whilst the German are better overall. 

Seeing all the bearing problems with the V11 im thinking of ordering the 2x50€ German made ones.
The only thing that is stopping me is the taught of disassembling the V11, and replacing the bearing process.

So how to get em?

CrazyCRO, [05.12.20 20:02]
Thank you.
Now I'm searching for a low tolerance German manufacturer that can make this bearings.

CrazyCRO, [05.12.20 20:06]
Gotcha!
Vivala precision German Engineering
https://www.kugellager-shop.net/kugellager-6816-2rs-2rsr-2rs1.html

CrazyCRO, [05.12.20 20:08]
And  nice datasheet directly on the product website.
Now im curious about the bearings Inmotion uses.
Who's the manufacturer.

CrazyCRO, [05.12.20 20:10]
And here are other versions of the same bearing type with better corrosion protection
https://www.kugellager-shop.net/catalogsearch/result/?cat=&q=6816

Changing bearings on EUC 

Edited by Finn Bjerke
  • Like 1

This is the elephant in the room that nobody seems to want to talk about.

There definately needs to be more discussion about bearings for these hollow motors, it will impact not just InMotion but other wheels like the GotWay RS as well.

Nobody knows how InMotion plans to fix this so it's very concerning. It is happening with batch 1 and even batch 2 which is supposed to have rubber sealed bearings - so what is the solution?

Is it happening with batch 3 as well?

• Like 1

Are there 1 or 2 of these 6816 Bearings to change in the V11? Cant tell from the Videos, think its 2 Bearings to change, right?

And when was start of Batch 3 Production? My Wheel is from 30.08.2020 at QC-Sticker and should be Batch 2 

• 5 months later...
6 hours ago, stephen said:

What size bearings are in the v11 if I wanted to order some from somewhere,, what's the size?

Up until around batch 3a the bearing size is 6816, and since then they use 6916.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mrelwood said:

Up until around batch 3a the bearing size is 6816, and since then they use 6916.

I'll be getting new motor so probably  be 6916 ,, if I wanted to source new bearing for 6816 what size are they in outer diameter etc,,thanks

10 hours ago, stephen said:

I'll be getting new motor so probably  be 6916 ,, if I wanted to source new bearing for 6816 what size are they in outer diameter etc,,thanks

If you need a new bearing, of either size, don’t mind about the measures. 6816 is always the correct size for replacing a 6816, and 6916 is always correct size for replacing the 6916. That’s what the codes mean, they denote a specific type and size, including all measures, inner and outer.

If you really want, you can Google the measures of any bearing type you wish.

6 hours ago, mrelwood said:

If you need a new bearing, of either size, don’t mind about the measures. 6816 is always the correct size for replacing a 6816, and 6916 is always correct size for replacing the 6916. That’s what the codes mean, they denote a specific type and size, including all measures, inner and outer.

If you really want, you can Google the measures of any bearing type you wish.

Thanks for the information,, so these would fit?

https://www.4bearings.co.uk/thin-section-deep-groove-ball-bearings/6916llu2as-ntn-thin-section-ball-bearing-80x110x16mm

Or

https://simplybearings.co.uk/shop/p6500/SKF-618162RS1C3-Rubber-Sealed-Thin-Section-Deep-Groove-Ball-Bearing-80x100x10mm/product_info.html

Edited by stephen

1 hour ago, stephen said:

Thanks for the information,, so these would fit?

The first one is a 6916, the second is 6816 (=61816). They are different sizes. One will fit a newer V11 motor, the other will fit the older V11 motor.

• Like 1