High pedal Sherman?

null

14 hours ago, Rawnei said:

A picture would say more than a thousand words. 😁

I just fixed the broken links in one of my previous posts on this topic, comparing the original pedal hangers to the Newer ones that "lower" the wheel by 1cm (11 posts back, for reference) 

Edited by fbhb

These replies are a bit hard to interpret, if I change the question: Anyone know if the newer model have higher curb clearance on the roll cages?

2 hours ago, Rawnei said:

Anyone know if the newer model have higher curb clearance on the roll cages?

The increase in clearance was created by Veteran shifting the wheels axle mount down by just 1cm (this was all that can be achieved without more in depth modifications), this in turn raises everything (including the roll cages, shell, pedals etc.) up by just 1cm.

@null's exaggerated visualisation explains it in the easiest form, but a 1cm increase is obviously not going to offer a huge roll cage clearance for curbs...pedal scrapes maybe?  

• Like 3

5 hours ago, fbhb said:

The increase in clearance was created by Veteran shifting the wheels axle mount down by just 1cm (this was all that can be achieved without more in depth modifications), this in turn raises everything (including the roll cages, shell, pedals etc.) up by just 1cm.

@null's exaggerated visualisation explains it in the easiest form, but a 1cm increase is obviously not going to offer a huge roll cage clearance for curbs...pedal scrapes maybe?  

Thanks, this reply is clear and easy to understand.

1cm still better than nothing though and might be enough to avoid a curb scrape? 😁

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, DragonFZ said:

This is a comparison of the Old Pedal Hangers and New Pedal Hangers.  They look the same to me.

When did you get your Sherman, as it looks like you already had the pedal hangers with the 1cm change in height from purchase?

This photo below will give you a comparison to the "Old" early batch axle mount position, before the 1cm change was made by Veteran.

The axle mount hole was lowered by 1cm, thereby raising everything else on the wheel up by that same amount.

Veteran Sherman wheel

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, DragonFZ said:

I got my Sherman in January... the fire & smoke container from China

Yep, that is recent enough at least for the pedal height change to have already been done on that batch! 

• Like 1

.For future buyers mine sherman was created/assembled 28day.1month.2021year and have "new" 6cm rim and 1cm higher pedal. This is just fact!