High pedal Sherman?

null

The 3.3cm seems to be a miss understanding caused by the picture. The picture does not actually show a difference of anything at all. They are two completely different measurements measuring two completely different things. They have absolutely nothing to do with each other. One shows the measurement at the hinge the other shows the measurement at the outer edge. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Stefan Eekenulv said:

nice efforts! However, the height is an issue of hanger and pedal, which would not be improved by lifting a shell. I guess one could lift it somehow and install a much taller profile tire. The difference in heights divided by half at same deflection of tire, would be the height increase. I still think it would be much easier to look at modding the hangers or adding an intermediate part. Its not WAY too low and Im hoping some pedals may give me just enough to be happier. Fine line between comfort and too much pedal angle.

Am i the only one who find it odd that its so damn difficult to just get a direct statement about these changes or not? Software, hardware, why is this always shrouded in mystery and assumptions or misleading documents? There is no HUGE vault of valuable secrets that everyone has to protect. Reverse engineering is not new and we ALL inspect it once we buy it anyhow. Damn, can't thsi pedal height question just be asked directly to veteran and we should EXPECT a direct and concise answer? If they don't know, thats damn scary in itself!

Edited by ShanesPlanet

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Stefan Eekenulv said:

lifting the shell AND changing the pedal hangers is the shit !

look at the Russian Sherman guys ...awesome stuff!

Yeah, All well and good - but surely this much lift in height will result in less stability and decrease the Sherman's exceptional balanced handling???  From what I can gather, Veteran claim to have changed the height, but Only by 1cm, which IMHO would retain the characteristics the Sherman is renowned for whilst still adding a degree of extra pedal clearance!

Edited by fbhb
  • Like 1

On 21/12/2020 at 5:21 AM, ShanesPlanet said:

nice efforts!

1) However the height is an issue of hanger and pedal, which would not be improved by lifting a shell.

2) I guess one could lift it somehow and install a much taller profile tire.

3) I still think it would be much easier to look at modding the hangers or adding an intermediate part.

4) Its not WAY too low and Im hoping some pedals may give me just enough to be happier.

5) Fine line between comfort and too much pedal angle.

6) Am i the only one who find it odd that its so damn difficult to just get a direct statement about these changes or not? Software, hardware, why is this always shrouded in mystery and assumptions or misleading documents?

7) Damn, can't thsi pedal height question just be asked directly to veteran and we should EXPECT a direct and concise answer?

8) If they don't know, thats damn scary in itself!

1) True, but lifting shell removes the issue with the cage hitting the kerb or rock at the front of the cage. If done in conjunction with lifted pedal hangers also the bars below pedals gets more clearance. This would we be the "right way forward" unless they modify the shell and raise the hangers.

2) Higher profilw tyre is very hard to find as this is allready quite high. Plus its bicycle tires basically, so would become very wide as well.

3) Hangers are what are modded on Veteran from what i understand

4) it IS way to low, at least if you like offroad (and with that lovely knobby tyre, why wouldnt you wanna go off road :-) )

5) If you have seen my Tesla Pedal mod, i don't have to say i chose clearance over comfort every day in the week. But the adjustable pedal angle would be SUPER on thw Sherman (think nylonove made a pair now)

6) its because they wanna sell out old stock (without discount) before the word comes out on "Sherman v.2" ;) Lot of sellers on Ali probably has old ones in stock unless they use drop ship

7) I think someone did earlier in this thread

8) Agreed :-)

Cheers

Boogieman

• Like 2

Seems like its 1cm extra clearance as per Ali (Says original part so)

SEK 833.01 | Original Veteran Sherman pedal arms motor arms Leaperkim Sherman off-road EUC spare parts new design
https://a.aliexpress.com/_ms9U8rb

Or different shop

SEK 833.01 | 1 cm higher new Veteran Sherman pedal arms motor arms Leaperkim Sherman off-road EUC spare parts
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mrXEZdL

Edited by Boogieman
  • Like 2

I've been on the list for adjustable nylonove pedals for a cpla months now. The off-road tire is a dream on the street. For being heavy and sluggish, I didnt anticipate it being my off road choice. I was informed the hangers were changed, THEN I was told that its merely how they were mounted. Of course, if 1cm if the height increase, i'd think its barely mentionable as an upgrade for sure. Oddly the part numbers @Boogieman is showing, are exactly the same but supposedly not? More of that good old transparency that chinese companies are so great at!  I'd imagine Veteran NEEDS sell all the shermans, as it takes money to keep a company rolling, especially if they want to release more products with changes. My shemr is stil too new for me to entertain ANY major revisions to it's design. I guess once i beat it to shit, void the warranty and find the clearnace a continuing issue, I'll look into it. If I wanted on off road wheel or a wheel to jump curbs, I'd probably just use it as an excuse to buy another.

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 1

Adding in the full SHERMAN sell, it also says 1cm in first images. And the following images (pedal bottom and top) to make it possible to compare to Your current EUC = GREAT STUFF!!
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001136690475.html?spm=a2g0o.cart.0.0.64da3c00zpUDfz&mp=1

As a reference my extreme pedal angle modded GW Tesla (i made a post on this one) has:
120mm lowest clearance BELOW pedal close to the hanger (Sherman 125mm)
165mm edge of pedal clearance (Sherman 158mm)

To ME, that means GOOD ENOUGH :D
If I want, I can do a pedal mod on the Sherman and up the outer edge so high I would not be able to pedal scrape (tyre rubber would give in first in most cases)

MY biggest concerns now are:
- Frame at the front and rear that can snag kerbs
- The "out of the blue" news of Sherman tyres coming off the rim :-S due to wrong fit (should I wait to buy a Sherman until they make a new rim? That will probably mean I miss half this summer too and I cant bare the Tesla one more YEar due to range and speed...all other aspects its perfect)

On 12/18/2020 at 11:13 AM, OliG said:

Hello Guys,

Info I received today : 

The height of the pedals would be raised by 1 cm (info from my dealer requested directly from Veteran).

The height on my August 2020 Sherman is 12.5 cm (height between the pedal axle and the ground) and 17 cm at the outer end of the pedal.

According to my contact the image posted above is wrong. The diagram is not clear (12.5 cm is the current Sherman and 15.8 cm would be the Sherman raised, so +3.3 cm but this information is not confirmed by Veteran: Veteran gives +1 cm).

To be checked when the first elevated models arrive ;)

Spoke with Jason at eWheels and the latest batch is supposed to be a full 1" taller. Just got mine today, after airing out the battery fumes I tried to shoot some comparison photos. Hard to get a consistent reference, but going by some of these earlier pictures it looks closer to the quoted 1cm figure:

photo_2020-12-18 19.08.01.jpeg1300766072_PhotoJan20205618.thumb.jpg.0237bfec88597d45e6dfa3a16af37500.jpg

Had to hunt down a metric tape measure, but looks ~125mm to ~135mm.

photo_2020-12-18 19.08.09.jpeg1181427635_PhotoJan20205558.thumb.jpg.f034ad94adf8e7a5d490f695bcf7ed6a.jpg

Similar story, ~170mm vs ~190mm.

This is my only Sherman experience so I've got no frame of reference for how the lifted pedals affect the ride, but I've been really impressed with the agility, speed, and stability of the wheel so far!

• Like 2

On 1/21/2021 at 5:07 AM, BoseHeadphones said:

Spoke with Jason at eWheels and the latest batch is supposed to be a full 1" taller. Just got mine today, after airing out the battery fumes I tried to shoot some comparison photos. Hard to get a consistent reference, but going by some of these earlier pictures it looks closer to the quoted 1cm figure:

photo_2020-12-18 19.08.01.jpeg1300766072_PhotoJan20205618.thumb.jpg.0237bfec88597d45e6dfa3a16af37500.jpg

photo_2020-12-18 19.08.09.jpeg1181427635_PhotoJan20205558.thumb.jpg.f034ad94adf8e7a5d490f695bcf7ed6a.jpg

This is my only Sherman experience so I've got no frame of reference for how the lifted pedals affect the ride, but I've been really impressed with the agility, speed, and stability of the wheel so far!

little mistake in first mesures I gave 12.5 and 17 cm (shame on me 😂😂😂). When I had a discussion this week again on Sherman height I realized the 0  reference is 1 cm above the ground on my pictures. So correct heights on my Sherman are  13,5 cm and 18 cm. 

Edited by OliG

On 1/20/2021 at 11:07 PM, BoseHeadphones said:

And I was told 1-2 CM increase. You were told 1". None of these measurements prove much, unless you are also making sure the wheel is dead set level on all axis. Also have to be mindful of tire pressure. I only have one sherman, so how in the hell would Iknow if its higher or not? We need some clarification. 1" is worth me investing in the redesign. 1cm is a freaking joke. I guess I'll fire off an email and see what I get told this time....

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 1

On 1/23/2021 at 9:50 PM, ShanesPlanet said:

1cm is a freaking joke. I guess I'll fire off an email and see what I get told this time....

1cm is most definitely It sorry Shane, as there is absolutely No Way to achieve any more than this amount by just moving the axle hole in the pedal arm!  Take a look at the photo of how your existing Sherman pedal arm looks here

Veteran Sherman wheel

Now take a look at the New pedal arms as fitted to the latest batch of Sherman's and also available for sale on Ali Express

s-l1600.jpg 

s-l1600.jpg

What can't speak, Can't lie!!!

Edited by fbhb
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, null said:

I (for one) am glad it isn’t more. I like the Sherman’s weight distribution and stability as is. I can do any manœuvre needed including tight turns, and don’t do off-road.

8 hours ago, null said:

The praised ride quality of the Sherman is based on its current design, it would (IMO) be a shame if it is made into yet an other MSX.

I Could Not agree more!!!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, fbhb said:

1cm is most definitely It sorry Shane, as there is absolutely No Way to achieve any more than this amount by just moving the axle hole in the pedal arm!  Take a look at the photo of how your existing Sherman pedal arm looks here

129722226_2789828494573445_2436598882239

Now take a look at the New pedal arms as fitted to the latest batch of Sherman's and also available for sale on Ali Express

s-l1600.jpg 

s-l1600.jpg

What can't speak, Can't lie!!!

yup, that info was verified again by a different source at my fav retailer. I figured it was a simple matter of minor hanger revision or even so little as how its being tightened when mounted. Its not a big deal, and I agree that a large increase may upset the very thing we enjoy about the ride quality. The best solution seems to be in simply upgrading pedals. I enjoy farkles, so as soon as the spiked adjustables I've been eyeing (comes available), I'll snag a set. Adjusting angle will help with edge scrape and allow the user to compromise between comfort and clearance (i suspect). Now, if i could get the seller to take my money and get me those pedals. If it werent so cold out, I'd have already looked elsewhere ;)  

Im just curious... who's seeing such drastic increases in stock height and why is Ms. Information seemingly so prevelant? To get REAL height specs, I think its gna take more than a crooked unicycle and a tape measure. Lord imagine the answers we would get,  should we ask everyone to measure the actual rim circumference? Be a fun thing to watch at least..

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, ShanesPlanet said:

The best solution seems to be in simply upgrading pedals. I enjoy farkles, so as soon as the spiked adjustables I've been eyeing (comes available), I'll snag a set. Adjusting angle will help with edge scrape and allow the user to compromise between comfort and clearance (i suspect). Now, if i could get the seller to take my money and get me those pedals.

I totally agree here and as you and I have discussed previously, I believe, the NylonNove option (ONCE THE STOCK IS ACTUALLY AVAILABLE!!!  I'm Not shouting at you) is by far the best/simplest upgrade to easily accomplish 1cm (and more if needed) but without compromising the Sherman's stellar handling!  Added to that, if you have not used studded pedals before the massive increase in pedal control alone is worth the outlay and I will also be adding some MTB studs to my S18 so that All 3 of my wheel's pedals are studded.

Anyway, back to the Sherman you may not know this but mine has been out of action and awaiting a New control board and charger since the 12th November last year (gutted to have it sitting as an ornament ONLY, all this time)!  I only managed to get 4 rides (4 consecutive days) from New, before the control board got damaged by the charger going "POP" during charging!!??

I will be writing up a specific topic about this issue and All that it involved, as a warning to other Sherman owner's due to some of my findings regarding the genuine Leaperkim charger itself.  Also to include a method of replacing the whole control board assembly with no need to Fully split/strip the wheel right down!

Edited by fbhb

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
53 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

Any changes to the height of roll-cage or just pedals?

AFAIK the whole shell is raised of the same distance as there is no other design change (pedals recess).
Only the position of the motor VS the rest of the EUC is affected. (can be viewed as "wheel is lowered")

• Like 1