All guys?

Paulandjacquelyn

Me and my family ride together during weekends. All four of us. My 10yo son is still on the learning phase and I bought him a Kahuna wide tire with handle bar (now at customs for clearance) which would be a lot easier to ride on. :)

Show her some videos of women riding on youtube. That could inspire her.

Something like this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQWDAf7bLFw&index=24

My girl Alice is on the forum now.  I told her it was like stalking me :D.  She has posted a little, but mostly she just reads.  So when I start rattling about Wheels she can follow along.   She has tried my EUC a few times.  I'll hold her hand and we will walk around the block.  It is nice.  I need to power walk to help her keep a balance speed.   The walk is good for me, and the more she rides the more comfortable she becomes.  

On 12/11/2015 at 4:23 AM, Colestien said:

My girl Alice is on the forum now.  I told her it was like stalking me :D.  She has posted a little, but mostly she just reads.  So when I start rattling about Wheels she can follow along.   She has tried my EUC a few times.  I'll hold her hand and we will walk around the block.  It is nice.  I need to power walk to help her keep a balance speed.   The walk is good for me, and the more she rides the more comfortable she becomes.  

She's your no. 1 fan. :D:D

20 minutes ago, SlowMo said:

She's your no. 1 fan. :D:D

Well my #1 fan got hurt today.  We were doing our walk with rhort runs on her own.  She was stepping off and the Wheel kept going. She fell back and twisted her knee.  She says she is fine, but the limp tells me she is still feeling it.  She has to work tomorrow and I don't.  Sure makes me feel like the bad guy.   

Just now, Colestien said:

Well my #1 fan got hurt today.  We were doing our walk with rhort runs on her own.  She was stepping off and the Wheel kept going. She fell back and twisted her knee.  She says she is fine, but the limp tells me she is still feeling it.  She has to work tomorrow and I don't.  Sure makes me feel like the bad guy.   

Man, i feel sorry for that. Did you check with a doctor? Hope it's just a minor twist and she recovers soon. My left wrist is still not completely healed after more than a month due to a bad fall without wrist pads.

12 hours ago, Villac said:

Remember what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

I thought it was "what doesn't kill you hurts like hell"... ;) 

Hope @Alice gets well soon and wasn't too traumatized by this... falling isn't fun, but probably everyone does during the training (and maybe later too, especially if you become overconfident and won't be careful enough).

On 12/12/2015 at 1:12 AM, Villac said:

@Alice sorry to hear about your wipe out! Hope you and @Colestien are up and riding together soon. Remember what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Feel better.

Thank you Villac and esaj.  It bothers me sometimes when I walk wrong, but getting better daily.  You both know the makes you stronger thing is a man thing right?

41 minutes ago, Alice said:

You both know the makes you stronger thing is a man thing right?

Yeah, every time my wife hurts herself, she reminds me.  Over and Over and Over...  Also, I've raised 3 daughters, so I have a little experience.  But, they are all worth it, so I don't mind.

1 hour ago, Alice said:

Thank you Villac and esaj.  It bothers me sometimes when I walk wrong, but getting better daily.  You both know the makes you stronger thing is a man thing right?

That's because women are born strong. Only some men get there. :)

Archived