New model MCM4-HS GOTWAY. Need to find me. Aliexpress trading platform

14 hours ago, unicycle distribution said:
On 12/10/2015 at 8:19 PM, Cloud said:

Is there customizable tiltback and speed beeps in this model? Has operation been verified? I heard there were issues with tiltback operation?

High speed motor. Because the driving force is very strong. Current will be issued by the "zizizi" sound

This response does not answer the question.  Is there customizible tiltback and speed beeps for this model or not?  If so, has their operation been verified?  Inquiring minds and all that. . . B)

6 minutes ago, ConjurMan said:

This response does not answer the question.  Is there customizible tiltback and speed beeps for this model or not?  If so, has their operation been verified?  Inquiring minds and all that. . . B)

You can find it here in this thread.

http://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/2270-new-release-mcm4s-high-speed-version-of-mcm4-original/#comment-27408

Thanks @SlowMo.  I reviewed all 18 posts on that thread (although I did not click through on any of the links), but could not find an answer to the specific question of whether there is a customizible tiltback and speed beeps for this model and whether or not their operation has been verified.  Am I missing something?

On that thread there is a graphic with the speed and beep 

2 bips /s at 20km/h . 3bips at 22km/h. 4 bips at 32 km/h

Tiltback  max speed : 24km/h if you want go faster you must desactive the tiltback. :ph34r:

2 hours ago, Philfree said:

Tiltback  max speed : 24km/h if you want go faster you must desactive the tiltback. :ph34r:

Nothing personal against Gotway, but in what universe does it make sense? When you need tiltback the most ( high speed) you have to deactivate it...

14 hours ago, Philfree said:

On that thread there is a graphic with the speed and beep 

2 bips /s at 20km/h . 3bips at 22km/h. 4 bips at 32 km/h

Thanks @Philfree, I missed that.  However, I have to agree with @Cloud

12 hours ago, Cloud said:

Nothing personal against Gotway, but in what universe does it make sense? When you need tiltback the most ( high speed) you have to deactivate it...

It seems then that the implication is that the tiltback and speed beeps are customizible, but you should not be able to deactivate the tiltback as this is a critical safety feature.  Modify the speed at which it occurs, perhaps, but not deactivate. 

Tilting the wheel back requires extra power.  In order to go the TOP speed, it uses all the remaining power to push forward.  Not a safe way to go, but in order to advertise the amazing top speed, they reduce safety.  They could have lowered the top speed by a few km/h and added the tilt back in, but then they would not be able to advertise this top speed.

Same thing happens with Cell Phones.  Everyone wants the Fastest Chip in their phone, so Manufacturers list their AMAZING specs.  Even though most people will never use the extra speed.  And even though the extra speed often does not translate into a better operating phone due to lacking OS optimizations, design layout, slow memory, etc.  But, those AMAZING specs do sell more phones...

That sound of the motor, isn't that the sensor?

As usual I make several assumptions :lol:  assuming there is a sensor for the LED lights and piling on the assumptions, assumes the sensor is making physical contact and causes the zizizi sound.

15 hours ago, ConjurMan said:

Thanks @Philfree, I missed that.  However, I have to agree with @Cloud

It seems then that the implication is that the tiltback and speed beeps are customizible, but you should not be able to deactivate the tiltback as this is a critical safety feature.  Modify the speed at which it occurs, perhaps, but not deactivate. 

I suspect that the reason the tiltback may not be settable for high speeds close to the max is that tilting the pedals requires torque. At higher speeds there may not be sufficient torque remaining to tilt the pedals reliably. The Firewheel doesn't have tilt-back to accomplish max speed and I agree it raises your heart rate to be living on the edge like that. I've fallen over the edge twice and it hurts!

Edit: I see @SuperSport basically said the same thing. Great minds... :D

• 1 month later...

Archived