New release MCM4s (high speed version of MCM4 Original)

Nono

I wanted to know the feed-back from people who have rode the MCM4s High speed version 

http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=408920IMG2918.jpg

http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=29157820151227030707.jpg

Hereunder the specs

http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=849220image388.png

They seems to have fixed the pedals problem.

What about the real High speed ?

A french owner wrote a review of the MCM4s

http://trottinetteselectriques.heberg-forum.fr/ftopic2663_compte-rendu-nouvelle-mcm4-hs-high-speed-quot.html

** The performance mode returns pedals more hard than on V1 in particular tilt-Back
** More agile Wheel in urban zones (pavements, tight bends) ;
** Braking always so efficient very soft
** no more issue about the tire Pressure 

You can find a pretty good review (sorry in french again)

http://www.eroue.fr/rapport-technique-gyroroue-gotway-mcm4s/

A basics translation of his test

".....

Test during 35km by 12 Celcius, powerfulI-mode, without alarm, without tilt-back battery@100 %  and was @30 % at the end:

The MCM4S keeps its promises and it is necessary to be rash to tickle 4 beeps which actually happen beyond 30km / hour real speed!

The autonomy is good that half of the route was made has 28km/hour and devoured 40 % of the battery.

Previously, it is with the MCM4 first version that I tried to exceed 4 beeps which take place at 22km/hour ; the TILT occurred in 28 is a reserve of 6km/hour which I wanted to use to exceed a bike.

Trust me a 6km hour were fast overtaken without I realize it in spite of my meter of immediate speed; things take place very fast: it is at first the unhooking of the engine (pedals collapse) and two seconds later I was on the ground.

Carefully, I wore in motorcyclist's jacket with ridge, gloves, helmet and protects wrists, but nevertheless, I’m still hurt.

Hardly of it I know that you SHOULD NOT EXCEED 4BiPS l I limited my exploration a 32km/hour

After a calibration of the pedals which must be badly made in factory, the comfort and the stability of the MCM4S are completely honorable below 24km / hour, although the management of the balance forward surprised me at two or three occasions in passing a pavement:

The wheel let me leave forward with the sensation to fall, before going back quickly under me with an elastic effect but I crossed the other pavements unsurprisingly

Also, beyond a 24km/hour real speed, there is one kind of oscillation of front-back which makes an impression of elastic instability.

Finally, at the same speeds (a 25km/hour in descent) I believed well to be given up by the wheel “to and from movement” with big amplitudes as it wants to throw me away, weird

..."

the end

"...

These three phenomena are connected to electronic regulation issues because the engine of the MCM4S in the same power as that of the MCM4 but its maximum speed is bigger what conversely gives it less couple (less nervous) and it catches up less faster the imbalance.

This lack of couple raises a problem of passage of obstacles and regulation.

In the static test like outside, lt appears that the firmware  integrates a kind of progressive Tiltback from 24 km/h till 30km /hour but the wheel begin unstable from 24km / hour.

During the static test on lift, the speed is difficult to control from 24km/hour and is downright carried away if we do not return the wheel nervously towards the back.

Outside to exceed a 24km/hour it is necessary to control the oscillating phenomenon.

I made more of 100km since this test and I adapted myself to three phenomena.

The position of the body, the flexibility and the knees position are determining.

CONCLUSION

Gotway MCM4S is a POWERFUL, STRONG AND SAFE wheel in normal use without exceeding 3 beeps exactly as is it the MCM4 in the 4bips.

Powerful, in shoreline with battery @ 50 % it maintains power @ 22km/hour,

Strong because faceplant at 28km /hour only few little on leds plactics

SAFE it has a lot of power reserve beyond the first alerts

(…)

In a well cleared space, without pedestrian and equipped well it is the pure happiness that to be astride it and to feel no limit otherwise ours.

Other side of the reverse of the medal it is less nervous than the MCM4 first generation but still it gives more sports interest for the passage of the obstacles during which the anticipation of the position of the body is going to be determining."

Screenshot_2016-01-05-16-41-05-1-640x452

Tested on a power bench simulation on flat ground for a 80kg guy.

Y : speed

X: 1: 2bips. 2 : 3 bips . 3: 4 bips. 4 : max speed and cut off

Curves : % of battery.

We notice very high speed battery full charged

The max speed at 4 bips is the one announced by the manufacturer 32 km/h

There is always 6km/h between the 4 bips and the cut off that seems reasonable.

I should get my kingsong wheel back in a couple of days. If anyone owns gotway 14" in NyC id like to ride together at maximum safe speed and compare which wheel is faster. ( i guess for me it will be 30 kph and for the gotway owner - 4 beep speed)  Anyone?

27 minutes ago, Cloud said:

I should get my kingsong wheel back in a couple of days. If anyone owns gotway 14" in NyC id like to ride together at maximum safe speed and compare which wheel is faster. ( i guess for me it will be 30 kph and for the gotway owner - 4 beep speed)  Anyone?

Or you could just ask if you could borrow from someone and do a test drive so that it would not look like a racing competition between Gotway and Kingsong. :)

7 hours ago, SlowMo said:

Or you could just ask if you could borrow from someone and do a test drive so that it would not look like a racing competition between Gotway and Kingsong. :)

What makes you think i dont want to race? :) i am just kidding, i really dont, especially after all these recent reports of the cutouts.

but i dont think borrowing is a good idea - i dont want to inadvertently put scratches on someone else's wheel. Also, wouldnt want anyone to think i am biased towards one brand or the other - there should be someone else there present:) we could also tape the test for the benefit of the community.

Archived