Bragging rights on mileage.

Unfortunately my Sherman is down for the count waiting on a motor replacement.  But for the 6 weeks I had it I got over 1700 fun blasting miles on it.  seriously looking at a backup ride at this point.  already going into ride withdrawal.

• Like 1

On 11/18/2020 at 9:12 PM, null said:

Good subject, nice to see what people are doing.
My rough numbers, utilitarian and leisure trips, no commuting. (since February 2019 > November 2020)

Ninebot S2 / E+: 1000Km
KS16S: 3000Km
KS18XL: 7500Km
Sherman: 1500Km (rain, confinement :( )

A typical trip, 80Km. Going farther with the Sherman now. Nice to be able to explore the countryside.

OurqMarne.jpg.cd0ab49921d04fe6a9afe31ffa1bd061.jpg

This brought back memories.  I used to work in Paris and lived in Choisy le Roi.  Way back in 2000 before EUC's were even a thing.  I would love to still be able to step out my door and get to the center of Paris on my Sherman.  But I think the french speed rules would kill me.  I love bombing around Atlanta doing 45.  Good times.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Violinfun said:

Unfortunately my Sherman is down for the count waiting on a motor replacement.  But for the 6 weeks I had it I got over 1700 fun blasting miles on it.  seriously looking at a backup ride at this point.  already going into ride withdrawal.

What happened to need a motor replacement? Bent rim? 

and 1,700 miles in a little over a month is insane!!

7 minutes ago, Darrell Wesh said:

What happened to need a motor replacement? Bent rim? 

and 1,700 miles in a little over a month is insane!!

No, originally an issue during a fast charge the gyros would not kick in.  I replaced the controller.  After 28 miles of riding, one of the phase wires cooked as I was slowing down to a stop.  There was a pop and smoke and that's all she wrote.  Sending the unit back to get overhauled, so will be a while...

Yeah the 1700 mark crept up on me.  But I was dropping regular 30-60 mile rides each night so I guess it added up quickly.  This was my first real EUC and man the honeymoon was great while it lasted. 

Edited by Violinfun
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Violinfun said:

This brought back memories.  I used to work in Paris and lived in Choisy le Roi.  Way back in 2000 before EUC's were even a thing.  I would love to still be able to step out my door and get to the center of Paris on my Sherman.  But I think the french speed rules would kill me.  I love bombing around Atlanta doing 45.  Good times.

There is law and there is what people actually do.. Especially in France. There are a whole lot of EUCs in Paris and not many of them are restricted to 25km/h. The cops have a lot more important things to do than hassle with us, as long as you don't behave like an idiot you can ride with the cars at their speed. (like a moped basically) Its pretty nice to ride around if you can take the latin+ traffic. Many bike lanes also, from Choisi you now have mostly continuous bike lanes on both sides of the Seine.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
On 12/1/2020 at 9:36 AM, UniGrad said:

4 months riding, 3500km (2200 miles)

I've replaced my car for 99% of my trips so I ride a lot. Plus I've been getting quite good at making excuses to go riding.

KS16x (2200km)

Sherman (1300km)

Sherman is now up to 5400km but it failed at that point. It actually arrived with lots of issues and it's been on it's last legs since brand new.

My 16x now has around 1500km and it's also not working. Currently I'm EUCless :eff006f726: :efef50e3ba: