Bragging rights on mileage.

I've been riding for about a year now, and I ride my MSX to work and back (and sometimes from work site to work site). A rough estimate gives me about 160km/week. I was without an EUC for a few months this year, so putting that into consideration, I am at 6400 km.

(I don't always have my app on, so can't use that)

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ShanesPlanet said:

I always find it interesting to see just how many miles people are using their euc's. Not how long does a wheel last, how fast do they go, where they go blah blah blah. Eucw tracks miles and its cool to see, but a lot of us don't use eucw or only sometimes. I thought it might be fun to see how many miles you guys are racking up and over how long a duration. I'll start with my pitiful specs added up across the 4 wheels I've owned and the 1 year I've been riding. Luckily for me, I joined the forum about the time I learned to ride. Maybe not lucky for you..

1year

18L 555miles (888km)

Sherman 90miles(144km)

S18 12miles (19km)

Mten 72miles(115km)

Looks like about 772miles (1235km) in about 1 year.

Sadly, this is 90% on the same single street. Happily, this is 90% of fun on the same street. Lets hope I can update to less miserable numbers in a few months.  So, who's totalling 100,000miles nowadays? Even more fun, who's got the most crashes per mile and video to prove it? :smartass:

Given how little you ride 2 of these wheels, maybe you’re better off selling some? My Sherman has 1040 miles currently. about 7500 total miles in 18 months of riding. 

MCM5 -600 miles

Mten3- 700 miles

KS-18S - 1100 miles

Monster100 - 2100 miles

Nikola100 - 2000 miles

Sherman - 1040 miles

Edited by Ben Kim

3 hours ago, Darrell Wesh said:

On my Gotway Nikola 100v 18650 cells I have over 10,000km or 7,000+ miles. Been through 3 tire changes and 1 controller 

I bought the wheel only a year and a half ago! 

Why so many tire changes? The Nikola tire isn't too different from the MSX, and mine is still fine at ~6400 km (I also just recently put Slime in it though).

6 hours ago, Ben Kim said:

Given how little you ride 2 of these wheels, maybe you’re better off selling some? My Sherman has 1040 miles currently. about 7500 total miles in 18 months of riding. 

MCM5 -600 miles

Mten3- 700 miles

KS-18S - 1100 miles

Monster100 - 2100 miles

Nikola100 - 2000 miles

Sherman - 1040 miles

I have sold the worst of the bunch  after only 12 miles. Some of us just don't have as much daylight time to ride, as other things tend to get in the way. I can say I have plenty of miles on the wife tho :o! To be fair, I do have a TON of other hobbies as well. TO fit the euc ride time in, I have had to let a few of those suffer. It may be blasphemy, but euc riding is just a part of my already busy life. Given how much you ride your wheels, shouldnt you sell a few and do something else too? I do ride daily, but sometimes I've just enough time for a few minutes.... such is life.

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 1

Well if we’re getting into the yearly stats...with my two ebikes and two dualtrons and other EUC’s....

I’ve put more miles on my e-vehicles combined in one year then I have on my car (over 20,000km in one year)

Edited by Darrell Wesh
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, ShanesPlanet said:

I have sold the worst of the bunch  after only 12 miles. Some of us just don't have as much daylight time to ride, as other things tend to get in the way. I can say I have plenty of miles on the wife tho :o! To be fair, I do have a TON of other hobbies as well. TO fit the euc ride time in, I have had to let a few of those suffer. It may be blasphemy, but euc riding is just a part of my already busy life. Given how much you ride your wheels, shouldnt you sell a few and do something else too? I do ride daily, but sometimes I've just enough time for a few minutes.... such is life.

i did sell them. that’s every wheel I’ve owned, not every wheel I currently own. ;)

Besides, where I live EUC is a viable car replacement. Don’t need to travel 20 miles to buy groceries. 

• Like 2

I'm at  670km on my new V10F ... after a little over two months. I like packing my wheel into my car and driving out into the countryside where I explore the smallest and twistiest roads I can find. Longer trips really rack up some distance quickly. No idea how much I rode on my shitty 350W learner wheel that I had before the V10F, I doubt it was more than 40 or 50km.

I've been curious what my total mileage is so this post served as the perfect prompt.  I started just over 2 years ago today.  Total Miles so far-22,932 miles 

Wheels in order of purchase:

MTen3--18 miles

V8--114

18L--2800

MSX 84v--4200

Z10--1800

Nikola 100v #1 (Stolen)--3500

Nikola 100v #2--1600

16X--1100

Monster v3--2300

MSP--3900

S18--700

Sherman 900

• Like 1

Started riding mid January of this year, 2020 ... if you count the 1st 4 weeks of learning/crashing on the 16X as riding.

1st wheel   16X ................... 590 miles  

2nd wheel  Monster 84V .. 327 miles

3rd wheel   18XL ................ 560 miles

4th wheel  MSP-t ............... 738 miles

5th wheel  Mten3 ............... 11 miles

All wheels are running well. Except for the Mten which I am only able to ride in circles! I am not happy going straight on it.

21 hours ago, Treatz said:

Nikola 100v #1 (Stolen)--3500

Damn, what's the story here? I can't imagine what good this would do for the average thief. He probably could not ride it. It needs a special battery charger. etc.

If it was a rider that stole it, that goes against the code. After all, we are a family of sorts! Well, maybe more of a brotherhood / sisterhood. Is that familyhood?

• Like 1

@Dancer Is that just the regular 84v Monster?  Have you had to do much/any repairs on it other than obvious things like tires? Seen one for sale a few hours from me, an I am considering between that and a msx 84v but few people talk about the old monsters much anymore. Thanks for any reply.

On 11/21/2020 at 4:27 PM, Scottie said:

S

Damn, what's the story here? I can't imagine what good this would do for the average thief. He probably could not ride it. It needs a special battery charger. etc.

Probably some druggie who will steal anything. It was most likely sold for $200 on craigslist or pawned.

3 hours ago, Fox said:

@Dancer Is that just the regular 84v Monster?  Have you had to do much/any repairs on it other than obvious things like tires? Seen one for sale a few hours from me, an I am considering between that and a msx 84v but few people talk about the old monsters much anymore. Thanks for any reply.

It's a 84v 1600wh Monster V2.

Haven't had any problems, but I am a very conservative rider, it's even crash and scratch free.

1000Km/week represents 200Km if 5 day week or 165Km if 6 days.
I've done up to 200Km a day with the 18XL and 9A charging, it was a 12h day all included. (I guess there is some optimal balance between speed and charge time somewhere) This was on open countryside roads and easy to ride far, in city traffic it would be on the upper level of hard work.

My signature should be updated... But here are the rough distances so far:

2017/3: Lhotz, 3000km

2017/7: 16S, 10000km

2018/7: MSX 84V, 13500km

2020/8: V11, 2700km

About 29200km in total over 3 years and 8 months. Trying to get to 30K before the year is done!

Edited by mrelwood
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, mrelwood said:

My signature should be updated... But here are the rough distances so far:

2017/3: Lhotz, 3000km

2017/7: 16S, 10000km

2018/7: MSX 84V, 13500km

2020/8: V11, 2700km

About 29200km in total over 3 years and 8 months. Trying to get to 30K before the year is done!

Well I can't even dream to compete with you. However I just reached 900+kmh on my V11 today. I might not ride far but it never leaves my side when I have to leave my apartment.