The V11 Suspension Pressure Thread

rexdelmolvo

My V11 will be here sometime next week, and something I hadn't seen yet was some kind of logging for everyone's preferred PSI for the suspension chambers on the V11. While Inmotion has their recommended values, I know a lot of folks have had to tinker with different pressures to find what offers the best ride for them. If you ride a V11, what's your positive/negative chamber PSI, your weight (w/ full gear), tire pressure, and what conditions are you riding in? On or off-road?

I might make some kind of a spreadsheet to sort this info when I get the time, but I'd love to hear what you guys have found has made for the best experience on the V11.

Edited by rexdelmolvo

Just now, Chaotropic said:

I think tire pressure is important to a degree. 

I am still dialing in.

positive - 100 Psi

negative- 50 psi

tire -  35 psi

weight - 160 lb 

mostly on the road. I would need to increase it if I was going to hit some big drops. 

Yes, it is. Totally forgot to list that, gonna add it to the OP

Im a 200lb rider geared up and i run 70 psi in the top chamber and 140 psi in the bottom.

I think different machines will have slightly different setting even for the same rider though.  As others have said their preferences have changed over time as the system gains friction and breaks in.  

Plus some people prefer more bouncy other like more floaty, personal preference will play in a little bit

• 1 month later...

I'm currently using 25 psi in the top (negative) and 70 in the bottom (positive).  I'm about 120 lbs.  This setup gives me exactly 3.5cm of sag.  In other words, when I stand on the EUC, the pedals drop 3.5cm.  I set this up this way based on mrelwood's advice.  It feels good but I haven't ridden it enough or tried enough other settings to say it's the best, but I think I like it more than the few higher PSI setups I've tried.

By the way, I know George from the post above this one has changed his settings to 30 top / 90 bottom from one of his more recent videos.

I'm interested in how other lightweight V11 riders have their suspension setup.

• Like 2

• 2 years later...

Been doing mtb trails for a couple of years now on my 2 v11:) fking nice.

finally got at good pump. (Must)

my bike dealer called it a shock bike pump. Good for accurate pressure.

82kg 

For mtb trails

tire 2bars

bottum chamber 130-140 psi

top 70-75 psi

the rest is skillz. No pads.

you lose the comfort og everchanging stance. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

Since the ancient thread was necromanced, I think it's good to remind people not to overinflate the shocks because you think you lose some when detaching the pump:

Btw, been using 160/60 or 170/70 psi for a good while now. I weigh 105kg and ride a combination of street, gravel, and off-road.