The Grand Tour.. 1000 km journey from Boston to NYC and back

Archee Jan Bloch

Good advice for sure. I know I can do 100km/60 miles no problem and I plan on doing another another 80km after a recharge of the wheel and myself. I want to build up to bigger and longer rides. Sleep will be a thing for me though. Probably pay for accommodation if I were to go longer. Was considering teaming up with someone but I now I think I will be better off solo. Thanks.

This is great information. I doubt I will ever be able to do long rides because my plantar fascitis keeps flaring up every time I try to go very long. Even so, I would love to be able to work up to 100 miles some day. This is all good information to know.

• 2 months later...

I dont know how OP does, but have found out that golf mittens are ridiculously huge and can fit wrist guards inside.
Else a bit tight fitting gloves should fit inside wrist guards.

edit: Golf mittens vs wrist guards, which contain normal gloves.. I dont know why they're so big.

C28C4B05-3F18-448D-8342-D6204C68F442.jpeg.39135fda010feb9ae311fb067b1963bb.jpeg

Edited by null
  • Like 1

Thank you for the writeup @Archee Jan Bloch . I appreciate long range a lot but it stays day trips till now, up to 200Km, so it is interesting to hear your experiences and conclusions. I had hopes for a 800Km trip with the Sherman, but then it was rain and lockdown in stead.

Edited by null

I was messing around in euc.world last week and noticed a single tour in progress, so I had a look and it was you! I followed it on and off for the rest of the day, following your progress. Cool to be able to read up on your ideas around such an impressive feat. I'm not sure I'd be excited about going non-stop without sleep, but doing a multi-day long-distance trip does sound intriguing! Thanks for the write-up and info - I'll be watching more of your tours!