Duro HF307 Trail Tire

Doug Hnut

• 3 weeks later...

I have the Duro HF307. It measures about 2.75" uninflated, so even after inflation it should probably fit. I ended up also buying a Shinko 244, which is considerably wider despite being called the same size. I had to shave down a lot to get the Shinko 244 to fit, but I like the tread pattern, so it was worth the effort. And mess. 

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, BFE Duke said:

The Duro worked out great. It's a dual sport tire so decent offroad, decent on road. The Shinko 244 ended up being way too wide, even after shaving off knobbies with the angle grinder. 

Awesome! Can't find the Shinko but found an online insitu seller that has the Duro. I'm gonna order it for my S18 as well. Should be a nice upgrade from the shyte stock slicks.

@Scottie888  Could you post pics or an update after you put the Duro on your S18? I almost bought that tire a couple days ago but I was unsure if it was going to fit. I ended up getting the Pirelli Angel because I know for sure it will fit. But I really want a more off road style tire. I mostly just needed to get rid of the crappy stock tire, it's so terrible.

4 minutes ago, Boilerdog said:

@Scottie888  Could you post pics or an update after you put the Duro on your S18? I almost bought that tire a couple days ago but I was unsure if it was going to fit. I ended up getting the Pirelli Angel because I know for sure it will fit. But I really want a more off road style tire. I mostly just needed to get rid of the crappy stock tire, it's so terrible.

Will do but its likely wont be til sometime in spring til I get to it. @BFE Duke can you confirm the Duro 307 fits on the S18?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately Duro 307 is too tight on S18. S18 fender wells are very narrow unfortunately. Both in width and diameter. Might have to try 2.50 width tire

Edit: I should probably clarify, I ended up putting the Duro on the MSP and retired that Shinko 244. Hope I didn't cause too much confusion. 

Edited by BFE Duke
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, BFE Duke said:

Unfortunately Duro 307 is too tight on S18. S18 fender wells are very narrow unfortunately. Both in width and diameter. Might have to try 2.50 width tire

Thanks brother. Bummer for sure. Sad is there's not much 14x2.5 offroad tires out there & even fewer dual purpose which is optimal for me. Is it possible to grind the tire down to S18 size?

7 minutes ago, BFE Duke said:

I might try this one out to see if it works for the S18

https://www.ebay.com/itm/174622134679

That's the same tire I have in this thread. It works really well, though the change in tire width does change the ride characteristics a bit. If you're pure trail riding I'd recommend it, but if you're looking for both street and road, it might be better to continue looking.

Edited by Whalesmash

3 minutes ago, Whalesmash said:

That's the same tire I have in this thread. It works really well, though the change in tire width does change the ride characteristics a bit. If you're pure trail riding I'd recommend it, but if you're looking for both street and road, it might be better to continue looking.

Thanks. Perhaps changing to tubeless and/or adjusting PSI would bring about better street characteristics. 

Just now, BFE Duke said:

adjusting PSI would bring about better street characteristics. 

This is certainly one thing that I haven't quite tried. I set my pressure at a relatively high amount since I hit pretty technical trails that I am worried I could bottom out on. At 140 pounds (maybe 150 geared) I am running between 30-35 psi. I could probably get a more compliant road ride with a lower pressure.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

So I'm in an interesting situation. I just got the HF307 in the mail (I think the website screwed up since I canceled the order since it was on backorder, yet they still sent me it when it became available)... How is the HF307 on the msx/msp so far? the DURO website/google reported the tire at 10-14lbs. Is that true? 4500-6000g? I'm surprised there was no gyro effect when you were riding it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/8/2021 at 5:22 PM, goos3man said:

the DURO website/google reported the tire at 10-14lbs. Is that true? 4500-6000g?

That’s probably the shipping weight or something, I think tires in this size are usually around 1-2kg.

• 4 weeks later...

I just installed this tire on my MSP.  It was way too tight and had to shave a bit of the rear shell to get it to fit.  The tire is impressive on the bumps and city pavement so far... I'm impressed with the ride, looking forward to some trail riding with it.  Its so much larger then the stock tire and the Michelin pilot I had in it.

• 4 months later...
On 8/11/2021 at 9:31 AM, Mrd777 said:

I just installed this tire on my MSP.  It was way too tight and had to shave a bit of the rear shell to get it to fit.  The tire is impressive on the bumps and city pavement so far... I'm impressed with the ride, looking forward to some trail riding with it.  Its so much larger then the stock tire and the Michelin pilot I had in it.

I'm interested to ask how far you got with the Duro at this point and if you still enjoy it. Does it fit on the 'roomier' wheels with more clearance space like the Sherman or EXN? I still have the Duro in my storage, and was thinking to pop it on my incoming Sherman Max whenever it arrives in Feb-Mar 2022. 

15 hours ago, goos3man said:

I'm interested to ask how far you got with the Duro at this point and if you still enjoy it. Does it fit on the 'roomier' wheels with more clearance space like the Sherman or EXN? I still have the Duro in my storage, and was thinking to pop it on my incoming Sherman Max whenever it arrives in Feb-Mar 2022. 

ive been running the duro tire on my msp for about 500km. i like it! its a tall tire and noticed that right away. it corners fine, no dippyness like in the cst186(hate that tire).

comfy and its pretty light at 2030 grams. took it off roading in the pouring rain and it really impressed me with the grip. maybe i got a bad tire but mine wobbles side to side. i ignore it and it rides fine.  would definitely buy again. id prefer the k66 for an allrounder tire but you cant buy that one at a fair price anymore. 

• Like 1

On 12/28/2021 at 12:14 PM, goos3man said:

I’m loving it on my msp, it was totally worth the effort. The tire has a wonderful grip on the road and also provides a nice cushion to the ride. Highly recommend.