Jump to content

V8F - slowly leans back continuously.


Smoop
 Share

Recommended Posts

So this has happened to me twice while traveling close to top speed. It seems the gyro just slowly and steadily will just lean backwards until I basically fall off. Because it is slowly leaning back I wasnt able to brake.

Is this some sort of safety feature I am tripping or is my unit defective ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Smoop said:

So this has happened to me twice while traveling close to top speed. It seems the gyro just slowly and steadily will just lean backwards until I basically fall off.

Could be a slowly setting in tiltback? If so pedals should tilt forward again if one reduces speed.

1 minute ago, Smoop said:

Because it is slowly leaning back I wasnt able to brake.

You could try set tiltback to lower speeds and learn how to brake once tiltback sets in! Using safety gear.

1 minute ago, Smoop said:

Is this some sort of safety feature I am tripping or is my unit defective ?

If my guess above is not right you could try a proper calibration?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, amelanso said:

do u hear warning beeps prior to tiltback? if not this is not normal behavior as tiltbk shld occur only when beeps occur ( indicating limited reserve for balancing )...

I disagree, my pedals start to raise slightly before i hit beeps on my V8.  You can feel the unicycle asking you to slow down.  Its part of inmotions safety response to keep you from over leaning.  The pedal raising gets more extreme once the beeping starts.  In fact i came into posession of this v8 because my buddy was tired of riding on the tiltback all the time and wanted a faster wheel, a problem i am also faced with now 6+ months later 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, amelanso said:

i hv not ever seen this on my v8 - tiltback always coincides with warning beeps... maybe different firmware? 

Maybe? I have not tried to update the firmware ever so im not sure what version i am running.   In heavy acceleration I will get beeps before tiltback, but when you are riding 14+ mph it gently tilts without alarms . You learn to ride that exact edge of the beeps 

Edited by GoGeorgeGo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So this is not tilt back and hasn't happened again as of yet. It is LIKE tilt back  but just imagine if tilt back continually kept tilting back slowly until your pedals were facing the sky.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sounds like you got one of the units that was intended for the northern hemisphere.  If I were you, I would take it back to the dealer.  They might be able to take out all the parts and put them back in upside-down.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've had this happen twice on my V8F as well.

Always happened at medium speed (I'd estimate around 20kmh) on a flat surface, on a hot day while riding mostly continuously on a long stretch.

At the time, I thought it could be some kind of overheat protection?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/23/2020 at 1:47 AM, Smoop said:

So this is not tilt back and hasn't happened again as of yet. It is LIKE tilt back  but just imagine if tilt back continually kept tilting back slowly until your pedals were facing the sky.

It probably overheated, it will do that when it runs out of batteries or is taxed to hard.  Last time ot happened to me i was going up a big hill with under 10% battery and it just overloaded.  After walkong it up the hill i managed to ride it home though

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So it happened again and the EUC said something which I could not hear through my helmet. I believe I tried to push the unit too fast too quickly. It seems to be a safety feature to prevent something, still not 100% sure what that is. My unit has not overheated so I doubt it was this that produced my reaction.

Im sure I will work it out and that it is perfectly normal for it to do this and it is for some safety feature.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Smoop said:

My unit has not overheated so I doubt it was this that produced my reaction.

V10(f) and V11 have a temperature sensor on the heatsink beside the mosfets which triggers the overheat warning.

The app (normally?) shows the motherboard temperature - so by this shown temp one cannot conclude if an overheat alarm was raised or not.

But i don't know if this is true for the V8F or some new batches of this wheel.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Smoop This is classic inmotion overload get out ! This is normal you need stronger EUC. Realy this is feature why i change my V10F very soon. If you use 25 A for 3 sec continuously inmotion cry like baby and force stop you. Just change BRAND this not have solution. Buy KS16X or MSP or live with this "feature". And if you are 90kg+ no way buy inmotion.(maybe V11 can handle this like only real inmotion product)  v5f V8/F V10/F is just toys gadget this is not serious EUC.  

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, DjPanJan said:

@Smoop This is classic inmotion overload get out ! This is normal you need stronger EUC. Realy this is feature why i change my V10F very soon. If you use 25 A for 3 sec continuously inmotion cry like baby and force stop you. Just change BRAND this not have solution. Buy KS16X or MSP or live with this "feature". And if you are 90kg+ no way buy inmotion.(maybe V11 can handle this like only real inmotion product)  v5f V8/F V10/F is just toys gadget this is not serious EUC.  

Thanks for the explanation Dj. :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Smoop said:

So it happened again and the EUC said something which I could not hear through my helmet. I believe I tried to push the unit too fast too quickly. It seems to be a safety feature to prevent something, still not 100% sure what that is. My unit has not overheated so I doubt it was this that produced my reaction.

Im sure I will work it out and that it is perfectly normal for it to do this and it is for some safety feature.

Its trying to prevent you from face planting .  The battery can only supply so much power, it has to hold you up and still drive forward. It does this when the battery cant support your demands

 

Alot of people hate this feature of the inmotions.  Personally i find it assuring that there is a safety in place unlike a gotway which will just allow you to faceplant of you push it to hard

Edited by GoGeorgeGo
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, GoGeorgeGo said:

Alot of people hate this feature of the inmotions.  Personally i find it assuring that there is a safety in place unlike a gotway which will just allow you to faceplant of you push it to hard

This sound little demagogic Kingsong and gotway beep on you if you are close to overload state and tiltback you. Inmotion force you to stop this is dangerous in traffic .Imagine situation lights you are first. Green you jump to euc and go away this intersection something hapend you panic acelerate faster/more for 3 sec and inmotion force stop you and now you are in midle road in trafic compare to kingsong and gotway they just 4 fast beep you just deacelerate/stop pushing and thats all you ride normaly not block trafic how inmotion do.

I ride thousands Km on my V10F i know what im talking about now i use smartwatch to prevent this 28A current in 2/3 sec situation.This is what trigger please get out in V10F in 28A watch vibrate and i do same routine like 4 beeps on gotway or my kingsong absolutely dont understand why inmotion not implement this too. Why inmotion just not beep like others and if you ignore stop you this is great solution.Instead of this just stop you. This is inmotion love/hate feature. I respect riders who like be force stop this is just no my case i want be person who have control over situation.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DjPanJan said:

This sound little demagogic Kingsong and gotway beep on you if you are close to overload state and tiltback you. Inmotion force you to stop this is dangerous in traffic .Imagine situation lights you are first. Green you jump to euc and go away this intersection something hapend you panic acelerate faster/more for 3 sec and inmotion force stop you and now you are in midle road in trafic compare to kingsong and gotway they just 4 fast beep you just deacelerate/stop pushing and thats all you ride normaly not block trafic how inmotion do.

I ride thousands Km on my V10F i know what im talking about now i use smartwatch to prevent this 28A current in 2/3 sec situation.This is what trigger please get out in V10F in 28A watch vibrate and i do same routine like 4 beeps on gotway or my kingsong absolutely dont understand why inmotion not implement this too. Why inmotion just not beep like others and if you ignore stop you this is great solution.Instead of this just stop you. This is inmotion love/hate feature. I respect riders who like be force stop this is just no my case i want be person who have control over situation.  

Totally, i get that some people prefer that.  For me, its hard to hear clearly in my helmet and with the wind wipping at speed sometimes and the sounds of the city.  I just prefer to know im protected by the tilt back if i dont hear them opposed to the freedom to overload it by accident. I totally understand not wanting it there though it would be annoying if you constantly trigger it.  Ive only had it happen to me twice though and both times i was under 20% battery so i was already riding cautious

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Today I had a fall that hurt really bad, but it could have been much worse. I have about 1200 miles on my V10F and I am overly confident of my skills on my EUC.  I was riding to work this morning and my V10F kept beeping.  I think this was because of one of my feet being too far forward on one pedal.  Instead of stopping and readjusting my foot position, I kept riding but trying not to lean forward too much.  I was riding in the center of the street and my V10F began to tilt back slowly but continuously.  I had this happen to me 2 times before and I knew what was about to happen.  I went across 2 lanes of traffic and aimed for some grass.  I flipped and landed in the grass in immense pain. Thankfully I didn't get scrapped up like previously because the grass broke my fall and not the concrete.  I had wrist pads, elbow pads, and knee pads on.  I had a very small scrape on the side of each knee and a small minor scrape on my elbow.  The pain I suffered was from just above my waist in the stomach area on one side. I must have somehow took a hit in the area.  

My battery was fully charged and I had only been riding for 3-4 minutes (I'm only 6 minutes from work total).  The temperature outside was 76 degrees.  The tiltback feature on this EUC is DANGEROUS.  I fell about 3 months ago at work with a full battery and warm weather.  That day I had jumped on it 5 minutes after arriving to work.  I was gonna show some coworkers who wanted to see me ride. 20 seconds into riding it hard....  the tiltback dumped me off.  That day no beeps or anything.  I have had another incident on my way back to work from lunch where it was about to happen then too, but I can thank my lucky starts that somehow the tiltback stopped in time that day.

 

I am very fearful of this EUC when it starts beeping.  I don't lean forward hard on it. It usually beeps because I am standing with one foot with toes over the front of the pedal too far.  I will try to ride with the pressure on the opposite foot.  If it keeps on beeping I will stop and adjust my feet.  I am too fearful of what will happen if I don't.  Well, today I didn't stop to readjust my feet.  

 

I think slowing the EUC down to a stop would be safer than being dumped off!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/22/2020 at 9:13 PM, amelanso said:

do u hear warning beeps prior to tiltback? if not this is not normal behavior as tiltbk shld occur only when beeps occur ( indicating limited reserve for balancing )...

No way the tiltback should push back to the point you fall off.  Once the tiltback goes past a small window, you can't even lean back to brake.  You simply have to wait in slow motion (but maximum speed) until you are dumped off the back.  Think about it, once the tiltback becomes aggressive, you have to lean forward to keep from falling.  What does leaning forward do? It causes you to to go even faster.... hence making the tiltback even more aggressive.

This is a real problem!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, ChiWestSider said:

No way the tiltback should push back to the point you fall off.  Once the tiltback goes past a small window, you can't even lean back to brake.  You simply have to wait in slow motion (but maximum speed) until you are dumped off the back.  Think about it, once the tiltback becomes aggressive, you have to lean forward to keep from falling.  What does leaning forward do? It causes you to to go even faster.... hence making the tiltback even more aggressive.

This is a real problem!

Isnt it just an alternative to cutout though? Like the wheel is being pushed beyond its limit, it can either tilt you off or cutout at that point.  Pushing the wheel past its limitations is the bigger issue, if you want to ride aggressively the inmotion wheels (maybe minus the v11?) Are just not made to ride fast.  I really wish the v11 was 100 volt, bigher battery and 100 volts is my hope for the v11F

Link to comment
Share on other sites

tiltback shld slow the wheel out of the risk zone then cease. if the rider fights the tiltback by leaning frwrd more i can see the outcome described. but from the previous posts it seems this is not the case - the riders are not fighting but tiltback goes beyond where it should. firmware bug/glitch?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...