V8F - slowly leans back continuously.

Smoop

43 minutes ago, GoGeorgeGo said:

You can ride tilt and beeps if you want to but if it overloads then the full tiltback starts and makes you reset the machine.  Its intentional, its something you need to know about your machine as a rider and not push it beyond its capabilities.  It appears im in the minority lol but i see it as a safety feature which i like, keeps me from faceplanting in the event i over tax the machine by accident.

Yes - tiltback is a great warning system. It can help preventing faceplants.

But after a short overpower forcing the rider to stop the euc is a senseless, nerving and stupid measure.

Imho.

It seems like they tell the rider to step off, be ashamed and think about what he has done - and if one really regrets one is allowed to drive on. I do not feel that anyone deserves such a treatment from an EUC. :ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Chriull said:

Yes - tiltback is a great warning system. It can help preventing faceplants.

But after a short overpower forcing the rider to stop the euc is a senseless, nerving and stupid measure.

Imho.

It seems like they tell the rider to step off, be ashamed and think about what he has done - and if one really regrets one is allowed to drive on. I do not feel that anyone deserves such a treatment from an EUC. :ph34r:

Lol i love the visual this gives me with the wheel scolding the rider.

But to me the wheel is saying, jezuz dude i almost dropped you there, you need to relax im not a nikola+ lol

• Like 2

On 8/26/2020 at 6:40 PM, ChiWestSider said:

Today I had a fall that hurt really bad, but it could have been much worse. I have about 1200 miles on my V10F and I am overly confident of my skills on my EUC.  I was riding to work this morning and my V10F kept beeping.  I think this was because of one of my feet being too far forward on one pedal.  Instead of stopping and readjusting my foot position, I kept riding but trying not to lean forward too much.  I was riding in the center of the street and my V10F began to tilt back slowly but continuously.  I had this happen to me 2 times before and I knew what was about to happen.  I went across 2 lanes of traffic and aimed for some grass.  I flipped and landed in the grass in immense pain. Thankfully I didn't get scrapped up like previously because the grass broke my fall and not the concrete.  I had wrist pads, elbow pads, and knee pads on.  I had a very small scrape on the side of each knee and a small minor scrape on my elbow.  The pain I suffered was from just above my waist in the stomach area on one side. I must have somehow took a hit in the area.  

My battery was fully charged and I had only been riding for 3-4 minutes (I'm only 6 minutes from work total).  The temperature outside was 76 degrees.  The tiltback feature on this EUC is DANGEROUS.  I fell about 3 months ago at work with a full battery and warm weather.  That day I had jumped on it 5 minutes after arriving to work.  I was gonna show some coworkers who wanted to see me ride. 20 seconds into riding it hard....  the tiltback dumped me off.  That day no beeps or anything.  I have had another incident on my way back to work from lunch where it was about to happen then too, but I can thank my lucky starts that somehow the tiltback stopped in time that day.

I am very fearful of this EUC when it starts beeping.  I don't lean forward hard on it. It usually beeps because I am standing with one foot with toes over the front of the pedal too far.  I will try to ride with the pressure on the opposite foot.  If it keeps on beeping I will stop and adjust my feet.  I am too fearful of what will happen if I don't.  Well, today I didn't stop to readjust my feet.  

I think slowing the EUC down to a stop would be safer than being dumped off!!!

This is 100% overload please get out INMOTION SAFETY FEATURE. This is exactly what i talk about some post above. This is why i leave inmotion this hapend to me 2-3 times in 2 hours ride. And i use watch to prevent this. I am Heavy person V10F dont like this have too weak internal components for people 100+Kg.  Yes i agree this is not tiltback this is overload get out. Kingsong/gotway  just 4 fast beep on you in same situation not crash you like inmotion safety feature(irony). Sell inmotion buy 16X is v10f on steroids same confort use mutch more power range and safety margin limit ks16x to 43km/h like i do and you have great safety wheel no doubt about this. If you no need handle/troley often and primary use EUC like comuting riding and cruising take MSP 2500w is powerhouse machine no joke and time for motocycle safety gear level. My V10F is actualy in selling offer because ks16x completly overshine in all aspect  except weight and thickness i dont care 4kg is not problem for me.960Wh VS 1554 or 1800WH is realy worth 4kg. Be honest to self you write you ride it on beeps this mean you need more speed/ power you just outgrow this 6 mosfet EUC no more unnecesary falls time to upgrade.

AGAIN IM NOT AGAINST INMOTION I OWN V10F THIS EUC IS JUST NOT FOR HEAVY PEOPLE AND FULLY RESPECT PEOPLE WHO NEVER TOUCH V10F LIMIITS EVERYBODY HAVE DIFERENT NEEDS AND EXPECTATION FROM EUC. V5F + V8/F + V10/F is  overall good manufactured EUCs for fun recreational use no take this products to serious/real traffic if you are on heavier side or want ride 30+km/h. I hope you pain go soon away .    

• 1 year later...

I had this same problem happen twice on my V8s. It happened accelerating steep hills at medium speed. I'm about 180lbs and it must be enough to trigger some safety thing. It keeps tilting back until you have to get off the machine and turn power off and back on to reset the self balance on the wheel so it's not angled back so far. 

• Like 1

I have read this thread and I know tiltback and have no issues with it. Its a safety feature. There are different types of tiltback. The overspeed tiltback helps you adhere to limit and also positions the EUC in such a pose that braking is immediately available. The overload tiltback helps EUC to not to overstress the components. Its a software protection.

Okay, maybe sometimes reacting on these short overloads is pretty aggressive but overall I now understand the V10 limits and know how much I can push it. If tiltback happens I know it and dont fight it. Fighting it is dumb and a way to fall of a wheel.

If you are experiencing tiltbacks too often maybe its not just the brand but you like to keep pushing on things so maybe those 2-3kW and 40 km/h is not for you and you need to up the game. You could be also a heavier driver.

Edited by lagger
  • Like 1