About Points of Contact with the EUC (Feet, Ankles, Calves)

WebDev

1 hour ago, Blicky Te️la said:

BTW I reached out to EUC You per your suggestion but he said he is too swamped with orders right now to consider a new, longer pedal. 

Damn, might have to DIY then. I don't remember who has the record now for largest/longest stock pedals now, but I think it might be either the Vet or upcoming Monster 24 Pro pedals, albeit they obviously worn't fit onto your 18XL.

1 hour ago, Blicky Te️la said:

I don’t mean to thread jack (but this seems like contributing variable)  Is there an ideal foot to pedal ratio? I’ve tried in a few ways to query riders on feet size. Is it possible many don’t have size 14 shoe lol. 

For sure US size 14 Mens is more rare, even in Bigfoot US of A. Being a sneakerhead, I know the popular sizes are between Mens US 9-10 range, and they taper off size runs 11 and up.

Foot-to-pedal ratio-wise, I would say you definitely don't need the pedal to be as long as your shoe; I actually prefer pedals to be a bit shorter than my shoe length. For me, as my feet are constantly pivoting and lifting up at the balls of my feet, once I place the balls of my feet just behind the front lip of the pedals, I need the pedal length run to be minimum to a point where the beginning edge of my heel bone can at least hug the back pedal edge (the MSX pedals do this for my USM 8.5 shoe size). But if you don't like this feeling of hugging the pedal edge, then the length should run so at least the middle of the heel bone is somewhat flush on the back pedal flat. So, I would put this minimum ration at roughly 9:10, pedal to shoe length IMHO.

On 9/21/2020 at 7:50 PM, Blicky Te️la said:

I don’t mean to thread jack (but this seems like contributing variable)  Is there an ideal foot to pedal ratio? I’ve tried in a few ways to query riders on feet size. Is it possible many don’t have size 14 shoe lol. 

BTW I reached out to EUC You per your suggestion but he said he is too swamped with orders right now to consider a new, longer pedal. 

These new pedals were mentioned by a local rider, perhaps these could be a good solution, seems they're copying what the Russians have been doing and these pedals are quite long at 25cm/9.85". Now all you need to do is switch to Gotway, Veteran or Inmotion :D:D

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001500963863.html?spm=2114.12010612.8148356.29.616545d5c4Jl7K

H7867b7b8c6d2498385b9bc86216005e1a.jpg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, houseofjob said:

These new pedals were mentioned by a local rider, perhaps these could be a good solution, seems they're copying what the Russians have been doing and these pedals are quite long at 25cm/9.85". Now all you need to do is switch to Gotway, Veteran or Inmotion :D:D

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001500963863.html?spm=2114.12010612.8148356.29.616545d5c4Jl7K

H7867b7b8c6d2498385b9bc86216005e1a.jpg

I actually am planning on grabbing a new wheel soon. Either a Godzilla (I keep lobbying for that name) or an EX. 

These are still smaller than my 18XL pedals which are supposedly 10”

Edited by Blicky Te⚡️la
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Blicky Te️la said:

These are still smaller than my 18XL pedals which are supposedly 10”

Damn. Oh well, the search continues. Allegedly according to Vlad's post, EUC You does do custom Gotway/Vet pedals, so if these new Gotway pedals aren't longer and space opens up in their queue....

Size US M 14 is 12" long, so you probably need 11" minimum.

10 hours ago, Blicky Te️la said:

I actually am planning on grabbing a new wheel soon. Either a Godzilla (I keep lobbying for that name) or an EX. 

LOL, you don't realize the Chinese have a big stigma lasting back from the brutal Japanese occupation of China, so I doubt that name will stick.

I'm calling it the 24Pro :lol: