Questions about Leatt 3.0 Dual Axis Knee/Shin Guards

I bought an L/XL sized pair of Leatt 3.0 Dual Axis Knee/Shin Guards, and they were way too tight for me. Constricted my leg so much the veins in my feet were bulging, it was *not* comfortable. I returned them and order an XXL pair and they're a bit more comfortable, but they're slightly too big at the knee. for instance, I can very easily fit my fingers under the guards at the side of the knee. On top of that, when I bend my knee, there is a lot of space between the top of my guard and my thigh... it's not bending properly with my knee all the way. Is this okay? Will it protect me properly if I land on it despite the size issues?

EDIT: Some of these issues are fixed if I wear them over a pair of jeans, pretty sure while it's not ideal, that's still okay to do, right?

Edited by rexdelmolvo
  • Like 1

I just received my pair today and have the same issue.  I'm going to wear mine over pants.  I see people do it all the time.  It's not an issue at all.  In fact, it's probably better as it will prevent your pants from tearing up should you fall.

Edited by WebDev

On 8/10/2020 at 3:42 PM, rexdelmolvo said:

I bought an L/XL sized pair of Leatt 3.0 Dual Axis Knee/Shin Guards, and they were way too tight for me. Constricted my leg so much the veins in my feet were bulging, it was *not* comfortable. I returned them and order an XXL pair and they're a bit more comfortable, but they're slightly too big at the knee. for instance, I can very easily fit my fingers under the guards at the side of the knee. On top of that, when I bend my knee, there is a lot of space between the top of my guard and my thigh... it's not bending properly with my knee all the way. Is this okay? Will it protect me properly if I land on it despite the size issues?

EDIT: Some of these issues are fixed if I wear them over a pair of jeans, pretty sure while it's not ideal, that's still okay to do, right?

Pics would help 

• 3 weeks later...

I similar problems... I ordered a S/M size and it was too tight, so I ordered an L/XL and it was too loose. I ended up returning the L/XL and I plan to modify my S/M by sewing extra velcro on the straps to allow it to be a bit more loose.

5 hours ago, buell47 said:

Same experience here, but you don't need additional velcro, just stick it where you need it, it will hold very well on the elastic strap. 

Yeah, that's what I've been doing! It holds surprisingly well. I even bought velcro to add on to the strap but I haven't needed it! After a while, the guards do slide down a bit. It's not hard to bend down and tug 'em up even while riding, though.

Very happy with the Leatt's in the end. They did their job on my first fall, haha

• Like 1

9 hours ago, buell47 said:

Same experience here, but you don't need additional velcro, just stick it where you need it, it will hold very well on the elastic strap. 

Sweet!  I didn't even consider that.  Works like charm.  Thanks for the tip.