Upgraded from KS14D to KS16X... My eyes are open!

jonthelam

😊😊 i remember that feeling and it doesn't go away👍👍

the 16x is a great wheel with some good range which helps when exploring different places , i don't like  smaller than 3 inch tyres anymore, it will feel weird when you jump back on the 14d😬 

Enjoy your 16x there's more smiles to come 😁😁

• Like 2

Wow, sounds good.  I just have a 14s and can't stop riding that.  I just did a long off-road ride today on a trail on the edge of a river and flew, almost max speed between trees at times, can't imagine anything better, (other than flying my kit-fox ultralight between trees)  I want to get the new 18s with suspension next.

On 6/27/2020 at 9:56 PM, stephen said:

the 16x is a great wheel with some good range which helps when exploring different places , i don't like  smaller than 3 inch tyres anymore, it will feel weird when you jump back on the 14d😬 

I don't have the 14D any more as it was a trade up with cash. There's certainly some rough roads that made the 14D feel squirrely and the 16X just flies right through it without the same feeling.

On 6/28/2020 at 12:03 AM, ass said:

Wow, sounds good.  I just have a 14s and can't stop riding that.  I just did a long off-road ride today on a trail on the edge of a river and flew, almost max speed between trees at times, can't imagine anything better, (other than flying my kit-fox ultralight between trees)  I want to get the new 18s with suspension next.

I would have loved to keep the 14D but I wanted more range and I kept on riding on the beeps which to me was a sign that I need to get something faster. The 14" wheel is so much more ideal for transit use. I'm not looking forward to taking the 16X on a bus. A train is likely easier. Since the 16X is so much more comfortable and fast, I can pretty much ride it to most places including train stations.

On 6/28/2020 at 2:12 AM, jonthelam said:

I just upgraded from KS14D to KS16X 2 days ago and I can't stop thinking about riding now. OMG the 16X can go fast. The wide wheel and weight is something to get used to but I was able to ride much longer and felt much more comfortable on the 16X. Bumps that wobbled my 14D was no longer an issue with 16X.

I was having so much fun that I didn't want to go home and kept on exploring my neighborhoods in parts I've never been through because I knew I had the speed and range to do so.  Its a good mental relief in a way. 

Anyhow, I thought I'd share my exuberance of this upgrade. I feel so grateful to be able to have this experience on this amazing technology.

Pls do not get too cocky!!! I'm 1st wheel 16Xand it did hurt me a bit. Now we are friends forever hands down. :)

On 6/30/2020 at 8:48 AM, MikieSWE said:

Pls do not get too cocky!!! I'm 1st wheel 16Xand it did hurt me a bit. Now we are friends forever hands down. :)

I'm geared up with pads on knees, elbows, wrist and a helmet at all times. I may need a full-face helmet later but the current helmet should suffice. I'm glad I got to practice on my KS14D for a 2 years before jumping onto the 16X which has helped my progression. It's been incremental improvements and I'm still loving the wheel on a daily basis. Finally hitting 30 mph for the first time today!

2 hours ago, ir_fuel said:

FYI the KS16X is not considered a safe 30mph wheel. Not enough margin at those speeds.

Agreed! Though it might depend on your weight. But it's an extremely enjoyable wheel nonetheless. :)

• Like 1