Hello from a new V8F owner

Kai Drange

On 6/27/2020 at 10:36 AM, Kai Drange said:

Browsing this forum I get the sense that other wheels are usually recommended instead, but so far it is everything i hoped it would be and happy with my purchase.

I am closing in on 20,000km of happy wheeling and just bought a V8F. It was a pretty easy choice for what I want and need (in the > 14" and < 18kg segment still isn't that much competition out there). There is no real point to get a race bike if you actually want to use it like a city bike, or a Ferrari if... 

I have been staying strictly below 25km/h for a long time now, because, to me, the quickly increasing risk with increasing speed isn't worth it. This has the additional benefit to abide by the law here. Yet I still also regularly crawl on sidewalks, which is here against the law, strictly speaking :whistling:

• Like 3

On 11/9/2020 at 1:41 AM, Mono said:

I am closing in on 20,000km of happy wheeling and just bought a V8F. It was a pretty easy choice for what I want and need (in the > 14" and < 18kg segment still isn't that much competition out there). There is no real point to get a race bike if you actually want to use it like a city bike, or a Ferrari if... 

I have been staying strictly below 25km/h for a long time now, because, to me, the quickly increasing risk with increasing speed isn't worth it. This has the additional benefit to abide by the law here. Yet I still also regularly crawl on sidewalks, which is here against the law, strictly speaking :whistling:

Gotway tesla is almost in that segment. Its 19kg i think, but has a much more powerful motor and bigger battery. For me this is not for speeding but i feel safer on it compared to v8f. I can cruise 25 to 30 kmh on both, but on tesla i am nowhere near the machines limits,  against wind or uphill its completely effortless, never worried about overaccelerating etc.