[INFO WANTED] Charging current displayed in KS-18L/XL with firmware 2.02

Seba

Hi,

with older firmware versions both my KS-18L and KS-18XL didn't displayed charging current in application. Today I accidentally discovered that EUC World started to show me the charging current on my KS-18XL. I assume that this is a consequence of changing the firmware to 2.02, but maybe not only. I also changed the engine from 2000 W to 2200 W, so it was necessary to install the firmware for KS-18LH. Perhaps it was only the change of firmware to the KS-18LH version that enabled charging current metering.

Unfortunately, in my case the current displayed is twice as high. Maybe older (v1.1) motherboard is to blame. That's why I have a request to King Song KS-18L/XL owners who have firmware version 2.02:

1. What type of wheel is displayed in the application - KS-18L or KS-18LH?
  2. What kind of current is displayed in the application when the charger is connected? Is this a standard charger? If not, does the current displayed in the application match roughly the current of your charger?
  3. If you know, what version of the motherboard is installed in your wheel? .
  4. If there is a new 2200 W motor in your wheel, was it installed at the factory or did you replace it with an old 2000 W motor?
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, Seba said:

Today I accidentally discovered that EUC World started to show me the charging current on my KS-18XL. I assume that this is a consequence of changing the firmware to 2.02

Just updated my KS16S v1 to 2.02 with the softtuner app - unfortionately there is no charging reported with this wheel :( Does not even recognize its charging...

But that's great news for KS18XL owners! Your wifi switch project to stop charging at some current threshold (or whatever) controlled by EUC World seems with this ready to go!

And some battery health diagnosis should work too - EUC World could issue a warning if charging gets interupted by the BMS single cell overvoltage protection! (-> cell imbalance warning).

For the automatic turn off time, in the in the softtuner app it is possible to choose 0. There is the note that zero means "turn off" the auto power off! EUC World shows 5 minutes as minimum choosable time. Could be interesting for supervising charging which could take longer than 240 minutes!

• Like 2

Wooo really nice option, this shall have been implemented inside the firmware from the first EUC shipped (i only trust my OLD mechanics own clock, witch make grinding noise, userfull to know it's working)

55.JPG

1. App shows the model as KS-18LH
  2. App shows -3.0 A and it is holding steady. I am using a 5A fast charger from ewheels, and the digital readout shows that it's at ~5.2A. 
  3. Motherboard is 1.3
  4. Original motor was 2000 W, I replaced it with 2200 W
  • Like 1

Happy user of your app and the web service here. Thanks for the good work!

1. KS-18LH

2. I did a quick test plugging in the charger. The current reading in the app varied between 0.3A..0.4A. The charger isn't a standard one. I have a 500W (6A) smart charger from eunicycles.eu. The display of the charger showed 5.92A. I tried both connectors, no difference. I also tried connecting the charger while the wheel was powered on. Moving the wheel while charging affected the current reading in the app in range 0.0A..0.9A depending on the load, while the current reported by the charger stayed constant.

3. I don't know the version of the control board, sorry. The wheel was manufactured in March this year, so I guess the board is a recent version.

4. 2200W straight from the factory.

BTW, I don't know if it is related or not but the "motor temperature" field in the live data and statistics gives wrong values. Right now it reads as 0C but I have seen a value like 653C, too.

Edit: Just to confirm, the firmware is v2.02

Edited by lepovirta
Added firmware version

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ks18XL (2000W, no LH firmware version)

FW 2.02 

Board version 1.1

No charge current shown :(

On 6/16/2020 at 10:04 AM, Seba said:

Perhaps it was only the change of firmware to the KS-18LH version that enabled charging current metering.

Until now we have:

Charge current shown:

18LH 2.02, MB 1.1

18LH 2.02, MB 1.3

No charge current shown:

18LH 2.02, MB ? - from March 2020

18L 2.02, MB 1.1

So only 18LH firmware and "older" MB show charge current?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, GothamMike said:

Kingsong IOS app telling me 2.3 firmware is available on my 18L. Anyone tried it yet?

Are you sure it's a new firmware and not a new app version? I don't see anything newer than 2.02.