eucWatch - Standalone band/watch

2 hours ago, aze man said:

In the meantime I would like to give you some more feedback. As @ivanc wrote, there seems to be a standby drain of current on the watches. My watch lost about 20% over the night, and this morning it was dead.

this may be bad, it could be that the touch has no auto speep after all, or it could be something simple, like the accelerator being on, I have not yet made it very energy efficient on testing. The best way to check, is to disable the accelerator from settings menu, it is auto enabled when using the euc anyway. Leave it be with the accel disabled for some time, is should loose about 1% per day. 

ps. I double checked, it must be that the touch is not going to sleep after all, not that it has an auto wake function like I hoped. I will push a fix and let you know. 

Edited by enaon

6 hours ago, aze man said:

Perhaps you have an idea what causes this. If I need to make some tests for you please give me advise.

do an install all fro the testing loader if you have some time, I pushed some fixes, hopefully the touch will now go to sleep. 

Just now, enaon said:

do an install all fro the testing loader if you have some time, I pushed some fixes, hopefully the touch will now go to sleep. 

Do you just flash all over the top of old ones?

1 minute ago, stephen said:

Do you just flash all over the top of old ones?

it is best for now yes. 

small log of changes:

the sherman horn should be faster, some more choices on the sherman setings, haptic is fixed, inmotion now logs distance, kingsong horn fix, simple dash clock dissapearing fix

Edited by enaon
  • Like 1

Thanks enaon, update successfully installed and some rounds done with the KS-18L. Works so far.
My observation: If I now want to see the time in disconnect mode I need to press the button, before I could simply swipe down. If the display is on I can swipe down to shut the display off as before.

Battery level is now at 74%. Lets see how much it decreases over night.

Another thing I explored. If I disable the connection to my wheel from the watch when the wheel is on, the LED-lights go out. So if I am putting the wheel on Power to charge later it does not show me the battery level on the LED-Stripes. Not a real problem as I can simply power off the wheel before disconnect it from the watch.

Thanks again for this nice piece of software. :-)

45 minutes ago, aze man said:

My observation: If I now want to see the time in disconnect mode I need to press the button, before I could simply swipe down. If the display is on I can swipe down to shut the display off as before.

yes, this is notmal behaivor I am afraid for all but first gen p8's, those had the auto wake/auto sleep touch controller, that is why the eucwatch supports swiping down to turn on. I thought p22 was this way too, it seems it is not, but I will test some more. On the bright side, the battery drain should be gone now. :)

Yes turning off "tail light" on s18 on disconnect is a feature, but maybe it is not so practical on 18xl, I will have a look, maybe have it as an option

Edited by enaon

Wow such great work!

I have installed everything successfully using your guide on a P8.

I am testing it with an S18.

1) Is EUC World bridge not working yet? If it is, how do I set it up?

2) I have the tiltback, third wheel alarm, and third watch alarm all set to 47 yet I get beeps at 45 and the watch says 45 limit. Is there a way to change this?

3) I can change the speed and distance to mph but limits stay in kmh. 

4) Could you please explain the little squares building up animations as you ride? 

This is such a great project, I hope there's a guide sometime since there are so many features it is hard to figure out how to do things. I'm sure we can help write it.

Thanks!

nice, what type of watch are you using, and which loader versin, the one on the howto, or the testing?

1. eucworld bridge works, allmost, i do not send temperature yet I think, but if you care to test functionality it would be nice. To enable it, go to settings (swipe up), select the bluetooth menu, and enable the midle button, the one that loos like a proxy. Maybe restart the bluetooth (disable/enable ) on the phone, start eucworld, scan for and connect to the watch. Keep in mind that once proxy is enabled, the loader will have no access to the watch. To use the loader, either disable the proxy icon and enable the >. icon on bt menu, or long hold on devmode button in the info menu. 

2. are you sure you have the tiltback and the alarm 3 at the same number? I think the watch wll not allow it, kingsong will not acept it. If it does it a bug, try setting the limit again and see if it really allows you to do that. In any case try setting the limit to 50 and see if it accepts it. 

3. yes this is wip, I wil finish it :)

4. you mean the top left (amperage (top bars are regen current)) and right (battery level, usefull for undertanding voltage drop)  charts, or the squares that sometimes appear under the speed indicator (alarm, you are within 5km/h from variable tilback speed), where a bar normaly is when moving (pwm register, just for testing, not very usefull)? 

Edited by enaon

I'm using P8 watch, not sure which version if there are different versions. 

I am using just the version from the how-to, how do I install the test version? 

I guess because it is not the testing version, when I try to turn on the EUC World bridge it just says "not yet".

I was able to set all the alerts to 50 and the limit did update this time. Not sure why it kept showing 45 on the main screen last night while being 47 in settings. I'll do more testing while actually riding soon. Both the watch and EUC world do allow for the tiltback and 3rd alarm to be set at 50. I have the other alarms off.

21 hours ago, aze man said:

Battery level is now at 74%. Lets see how much it decreases over night.

Just a small update. The battery level is now at 69%. So roundabout 5% per day with touch controller disabled but BT enabled (not plane mode).

The 2nd ordered watch for a friend was now piece of cake. Leaving the toggle BT switch off on the daFlasher app with my OnePlus 7T phone everything worked fine in the 1st run and the eucwatch was completely prepared in under 10 minutes.

@James Bonga: I would simply start from the beginning with the 1st or the 2nd step again.

It really works fine with the watch from the amazon link I posted before, I simply searched for p22b smartwatch.

5 hours ago, James Bonga said:

Well, p22 arrived today, but after doing everything step by step, i find myself with a white screen with a yellow square on top :( Man i wish i kept the first P22 i ordered from amazon. Idk what to do now, need some help!

Have you solved it?

I just got my p22b ready to use deflaher, connected to p22b ready to step 1 when and it said select file while I was strolling down to file it must of selected a jpeg when scrolling now my screen is blank, any way to reset it 

5 minutes ago, stephen said:

I just got my p22b ready to use deflaher, connected to p22b ready to step 1 when and it said select file while I was strolling down to file it must of selected a jpeg when scrolling now my screen is blank, any way to reset it 

did it went on flashing the jpg? Did you see the percentage going up? If it really went on with flashing the jpg, it needs opening up now, it a brick as long as over the air hack is concerned. If you are not sure it went on with flashing, maybe restart the phone to make sure no daflasher is running on the background, and try again. :(

Edited by enaon

1 minute ago, enaon said:

did it went on flashing the jpg? Did you see the percentage going up? If it really went on with flashing the jpg, it needs opening up now, it a brick as long as over the air hack is concerned. If you are not sure it went on with flashing, maybe restart the phone to make sure no daflasher is running on the background, and try again. :(

I want quick enough to stop the flash ,it shouldn't select it like that they should be a confirm button before it starts install just in case you select a file while scrolling accidentally,,, think it's fooked now it's just blank

Just now, stephen said:

I want quick enough to stop the flash ,it shouldn't select it like that they should be a confirm button before it starts install just in case you select a file while scrolling accidentally,,, think it's fooked now it's just blank

yes a step before actually starting flash whould be nice. Black screen could mean dfu, maybe it is still alive, do a restart on the phone, daflasher is using background dfu process, you cannot just stop  it. Do a restart, and if you are lucky it may be still scanable. 

1 minute ago, James Bonga said:

No :( I followed everything step by step but i'm still stuck. Is there a way to fully reset and start over? 

no way to restart over. Are you able to scan for the watch? If not, try a disable/enable bt on phone, maybe a restart. If you are sure that no mistake was made by accident when selectng the files, it will work, the daflasher proccess is a bit scary but allways work.

57 minutes ago, enaon said:

yes a step before actually starting flash whould be nice. Black screen could mean dfu, maybe it is still alive, do a restart on the phone, daflasher is using background dfu process, you cannot just stop  it. Do a restart, and if you are lucky it may be still scabnable. 

Restarted  phone no kick watch is blank and deflasher can't find it will it be still named p22 after flashing a jpeg?

7 minutes ago, stephen said:

Restarted  phone no kick watch is blank and deflasher can't find it will it be still named p22 after flashing a jpeg?

we hope for a device with dfu on the name maybe, otherwize it is a brick. It can still be revived, but that needs opening up and using the swd port, too techinical and time consuming to be worth it I think if you are not familiar. :(

Edited by enaon

35 minutes ago, enaon said:

we hope for a device with dfu on the name maybe, otherwize it is a brick. It can still be revived, but that needs opening up and using the swd port, too techinical and time consuming to be worth it I think if you are not familiar. :(

No nothing with dfu ,,, be careful guys when selecting because if you press to long when scrolling it selects the file and installs it they should be a confirm button before you install

1 hour ago, stephen said:

No nothing with dfu ,,, be careful guys when selecting because if you press to long when scrolling it selects the file and installs it they should be a confirm button before you install

Sorry about that.

yes, daflasher part needs care and is dangerus, one should check that file sizes are correct,  and there are no confirmation buttons, "select and do" is the way it works. There has been some talk about it in the past, I don't think atc1441 will change it.

Maybe the safest way is to make a folder named A1 or something in downloads and have all step files in there for easy access during part one flashing. 

Edited by enaon

8 hours ago, enaon said:

Sorry about that.

yes, daflasher part needs care and is dangerus, one should check that file sizes are correct,  and there are no confirmation buttons, "select and do" is the way it works. There has been some talk about it in the past, I don't think atc1441 will change it.

Maybe the safest way is to make a folder named A1 or something in downloads and have all step files in there for easy access during part one flashing. 

I did make a folder called p22 watch in documents but I had to scroll past a few jpegs to get to it but when scrolling it accidentally chose a jpeg and flashed it ,,oooh well I bought the right watch did all my homework and was ready It should only let you install a bin file or let you make sure it's the correct one first ,,,I was excited but suppose I'll just bin it ,  I'll forget about it now it's not worth the risk when everything was right but if you accidentally press on a file when scrolling it installs it:wacko:

11 hours ago, stephen said:

I'll forget about it now it's not worth the risk when everything was right but if you accidentally press on a file when scrolling it installs it:wacko:

I think that is best. Thanks for your effort and excitment, sorry it didn't pay off.  

yet I think the risk is minor, the watch costs ~20 euros and only needs to not send a wrong file by mistake when doing part one, after that it is failproof. 

Edited by enaon
  • Like 1

• enaon changed the title to eucWatch - Standalone band/watch