(Nik+) (high speed MSP,) or (Monster 100v)

On 5/28/2020 at 2:19 AM, Jim Martin said:

Well, pulled the trigger on the Monster V3 100V. Thanks for all the help in deciding which way to go!

Awesome! It's a great wheel!

Might take a few rides to get "in tune" with the Monster to get used to it. I think you'll notice the roadworthiness right away. You can press it inward with one knee to get more tilt for a turn if necessary. Some lighter riders clamp the body with their knees and tilt it forward for more acceleration. (I'm heavy enough that I don't have to do that.)  I'd be curious to hear your impressions after you've had some time with it.  :)

Edited by erk1024
  • Like 2

On 5/22/2020 at 8:13 AM, Tom Martinez said:

hey guys I'm ready for a 100v euc with range. And I'm not sure about which one to choose. Think Its come down to Nik+, high-speed msp, or ovcourse the monster. If any of you have been able to ride one or more of these  let me know what you think. I would like to keep maintenance to a minimum but I know eventually they all need to be opened up.  Mobility isn't a big factor, im on the 1st floor,  has anyone gone over 40 mph, on any of these wheels?

Thanks 

I’m coming from a KS16X and just recently got a Monster V3/100V and an MSP high speed. I really like both, but absolutely love the MSP high speed. The MSP is very maneuverable, considerably more maneuverable than the monster. Despite being a heavy wheel, it feels lighter when you ride it, I think it’s because it feels top heavy, which makes it easier to turn , versus the monster which feels bottom heavy and which offers resistance to leaning or turning, and gives it that stable caddilac feeling. The lift cut off in the MSP I got was 61 mph for the MSP and about 54 Mph for the Monster. I have not reached 40 mph on either yet, but they both feel very stable at 35 mph. I have not tested their range. Hands down the MSP high speed is an amazing wheel, I don’t know what the 2500 W torque feels like on the high torque version, but my 2000W high speed version feels powerful enough, don’t feel any less torquy than my 16X. I don’t think I would have bought the Monster if I had tried the MSP high speed first.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NunoF said:

I’m coming from a KS16X and just recently got a Monster V3/100V and an MSP high speed. I really like both, but absolutely love the MSP high speed. The MSP is very maneuverable, considerably more maneuverable than the monster. Despite being a heavy wheel, it feels lighter when you ride it, I think it’s because it feels top heavy, which makes it easier to turn , versus the monster which feels bottom heavy and which offers resistance to leaning or turning, and gives it that stable caddilac feeling. The lift cut off in the MSP I got was 61 mph for the MSP and about 54 Mph for the Monster. I have not reached 40 mph on either yet, but they both feel very stable at 35 mph. I have not tested their range. Hands down the MSP high speed is an amazing wheel, I don’t know what the 2500 W torque feels like on the high torque version, but my 2000W high speed version feels powerful enough, don’t feel any less torquy than my 16X. I don’t think I would have bought the Monster if I had tried the MSP high speed first.

Sorry, only read now that you already pulled the trigger on the monster, I’m sure you’ll love it too. I’m a short 5’7” and light 165 Lbs guy so the Monster might feel more maneuverable to you if you are taller and heavier. If you are looking for a stable road cruiser than that’s the wheel. If instead of stability you value more maneuverability and speed than the MSP high-speed has both, and I would consider swapping the order, if you ordered it from eWheels they should be fine with that, LMK if you have any questions. I also had a problem with a lateral wobble in my Monster due to tire and rim runout, so had to replace the rim and tire  which fixed it, now it rides completely smooth, feels like I’m hovering in the air and barely feel the road. 

• Like 1

It’s funny, when I started the hobby, a 16x2.125” was called the best all-purpose size. In just three years the title had been stolen by the hugely larger 18x3.0”!

I absolutely agree though, the 18x3.0” is a great size for what the current wheels can do.

• Like 2

On 5/29/2020 at 12:35 AM, erk1024 said:

I'd be curious to hear your impressions after you've had some time with it.  :)

I've put about 200 miles on it.  Here are my impressions.  I really hate that the pedals dip when hitting rough terrain at speed.  Do you notice this?  Someone else noticed this in a review I watched if I remember correctly.  It's a very stable wheel and the easiest wheel I have to take turns at  speed.  It's a really nice wheel to take turns at speed.  I also notice that riding in Hard mode is very uncomfortable.  It seems that easy mode is the most comfortable.  I'm still trying to decide if Med or Easy is the riding mode for me.  I've only gotten up to about 30 mph.  Still learning the wheel so I'm cautious about pushing past 30 Mph.  How fast have you gotten your wheel up to and what is your normal cruising speed.

Just now, Jim Martin said:

I really hate that the pedals dip when hitting rough terrain at speed.

Haven't taken mine offroad yet. I use the Nikola+ for that. I have a self-imposed limit of 50kph just for faceplant safety reasons, so I leave the tiltback setting on. I hit that limit all the time and slow down when I hit tiltback. Terrain permitting I cruise near top speed. I use the hard riding mode, but then I'm heavy (265 lbs).

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Jim Martin said:

I've put about 200 miles on it.  Here are my impressions.  I really hate that the pedals dip when hitting rough terrain at speed.  Do you notice this?  Someone else noticed this in a review I watched if I remember correctly. 

My little mten does this too. Anytime Im in a field or pretty rugged terrain, it likes to dip and stay at a forward lean. Maybe a coincidence, or maybe a gotway trait?

40 minutes ago, ShanesPlanet said:

My little mten does this too. Anytime Im in a field or pretty rugged terrain, it likes to dip and stay at a forward lean. Maybe a coincidence, or maybe a gotway trait?

It’s a GW trait, especially on the soft mode.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Arbolest said:

Indeed it is. All 3 of my Gotways do it (from 3 different electronics generations).

Boy, that really does instill a lot of faith in gotway. At least theyre consistent. :clap3:

I guess it’s somehow a natural issue on self-balanced vehicles, that would require specific addressing to get rid of. My 2016 Airwheel A3 does it too, up to a point where it’s dangerous since even my hands are not long enough to reach the handlebar while braking!

Edited by mrelwood
  • Like 2