(Nik+) (high speed MSP,) or (Monster 100v)

hey guys I'm ready for a 100v euc with range. And I'm not sure about which one to choose. Think Its come down to Nik+, high-speed msp, or ovcourse the monster. If any of you have been able to ride one or more of these  let me know what you think. I would like to keep maintenance to a minimum but I know eventually they all need to be opened up.  Mobility isn't a big factor, im on the 1st floor,  has anyone gone over 40 mph, on any of these wheels?

Thanks 

• Like 1

I suggest the high speed MSX. It seems to be the best all around. The monster is expensive and requires extra maintenance. The Nikola is OK and favored by some. The Nikola would be my second choice. Some find it awkward. Keep in mind that any wheel is going to feel awkward at first. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RockyTop said:

I suggest the high speed MSX. It seems to be the best all around.

Agreed. Although I have the slower MSP, I find it to be more enjoyable than the 84V Monster. Monster fun. MSP more fun. My Nikola experience is zero, nothing to offer there.

Edited by Scottie

I have the Nik + and like it a lot.  I'm thinking about a second wheel and looking at the 100v MSP.  Just can't decide on 2500W or 2000W (high speed).  I'm a larger guy, 220 lbs., so thinking I should go with the 2500W.

3 hours ago, Jim Martin said:

I have the Nik + and like it a lot.  I'm thinking about a second wheel and looking at the 100v MSP.  Just can't decide on 2500W or 2000W (high speed).  I'm a larger guy, 220 lbs., so thinking I should go with the 2500W.

Just my thoughts..... I also weigh 220. Unless you plan on switching to an off road tire and riding double black diamond mountain bike trails you don't really need the 2500w. however if you do want to dedicate the wheel to off road, go for it! :thumbup:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jim Martin said:

Depends on what your priorities are: speed or torque? Are you a speed daemon or an offroader? 

14 hours ago, RockyTop said:

Just my thoughts..... I also weigh 220. Unless you plan on switching to an off road tire and riding double black diamond mountain bike trails you don't really need the 2500w. however if you do want to dedicate the wheel to off road, go for it! :thumbup:

Not planning on any off road, mainly Downtown Dallas riding on streets and bike paths/sidewalks.

11 hours ago, travsformation said:

Depends on what your priorities are: speed or torque? Are you a speed daemon or an offroader? 

I just want both :)  lol, I guess speed, but don't want the wheel to dump me either when leaning it hard.  2000w should be plenty to keep me upright with aggressive acceleration and speed.

59 minutes ago, /Dev/Null said:

I was in the same position.  When I bought my Nik+ In March, the new MSX wasn't out yet.  I thought it was a great value @ $2k, but didn't want to be a gotway early adopter.  Happy with my Nik+, but it seems so far the New MSX doesn't have any major problems so I kinda wish I sent that way.  I would have loved the higher torque wheel for some offroading I do, but ah well...

I got my Nik+ a year ago, before they started shipping with the new batteries.  It's a great wheel and will def keep riding it, just looking for another wheel, you know, because you can't ever have enough wheels.

• Like 2

I have Nikola plus 100v, MSuper pro 100v.
Both products are excellent. The price range is similar, and the styles of the two products give users different fun.

If you want performance, all-in-one, and design, Nikola plus 100v is good. The power and speed from 100v, 17 inches, give the user a full satisfaction.

The gyro style is hard, and it is straight forward, so some driving style may be wrong.

High speed cornering gives a feeling similar to Z10 (KS-16X).

MSuper pro 100v is an MSX 100V upgrade version torque-type electric wheel. Upgraded mainboard (100V, second generation)
The power of the 2500W motor is, in a word, a monster.
There are only two types of fans fitted to the electric wheel. Dual light and
The main board is fitted with fans. Fans are very powerful.
BT speaker, idle blocking function, which was not included in MSX product, is added, and natural exhaust cooling system is also equipped with open grille (battery side case) and wind path.As a result, it is much better in the heat dissipation area.

The two products mentioned above are 1800wh in cell 21700.

If you want to enjoy long-distance riding, there is Monster V3. It is 100V 22 inches and can be equipped with a large capacity (wh).
Also, we have the functionality and specifications of the two products above. I think Monster V3 is okay if you have a lot of height and weight.

The GOTway 100V electric wheel is a performance-oriented wheel. The speed of the 100V electric wheel is a little different, but it's meaningless to say which one is better because it's faster. Even at low voltage, the 100V electric wheel shows greatness.

The choice is up to you, but if you enjoy it safely,
Nikola plus 100v, MSuper pro 100v. I don't think you can regret using anything.:efee47c9c8:

Edited by Lindsey
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Lindsey said:

If you want to enjoy long-distance riding, there is Monster V3. It is 100V 22 inches and can be equipped with a large capacity (wh).
Also, we have the functionality and specifications of the two products above. I think Monster V3 is okay if you have a lot of height and weight.

The GOTway 100V electric wheel is a performance-oriented wheel. The speed of the 100V electric wheel is a little different, but it's meaningless to say which one is better because it's faster. Even at low voltage, the 100V electric wheel shows greatness.

Dang, now I’m even more conflicted because I was thinking about the Monster V3 but it seemed like a lot of people don’t really give it glowing reviews and I still cannot decide between 2500w or 2000w if I go with the MSPro

Get the Monster if your use case is only on-road. Get the EUCservice MSS if not. The motor is literally painted cherry red after modification to distinguish it from MSP-X's and 'high speed MSP's. You don't do that unless you're confident in your product. It's something like 2350w and Adam from WrongWay! claims it is torquer than the 2500w MSP while still being faster than the 2000w 100v MSX. It is what I will buy to wait until suspension wheels have 3kwh batteries and go 50mph.

• Like 1

I think the choice will depend partially on what you have ridden before, and what you found good and bad in those wheels. None of these wheels is universally better than the rest, which is why there are several models to begin with.

Also, where and how do you plan on using your new wheel? They have different strengths, which support slightly different use cases.

2 hours ago, Will R said:

Get the Monster if your use case is only on-road. Get the EUCservice MSS if not. The motor is literally painted cherry red after modification to distinguish it from MSP-X's and 'high speed MSP's. You don't do that unless you're confident in your product. It's something like 2350w and Adam from WrongWay! claims it is torquer than the 2500w MSP while still being faster than the 2000w 100v MSX. It is what I will buy to wait until suspension wheels have 3kwh batteries and go 50mph.

Dang, that thing is sweet.  What is the lead time to get one of those?  It looks like the 2350w motor with the extended 2245wh battery would run about $3500.  Yikes!  Do they keep them in stock or order them from China as orders are placed?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mrelwood said:

I think the choice will depend partially on what you have ridden before, and what you found good and bad in those wheels. None of these wheels is universally better than the rest, which is why there are several models to begin with.

Also, where and how do you plan on using your new wheel? They have different strengths, which support slightly different use cases.

Streets, and bike paths mostly.  Very little off-road

16 minutes ago, Jim Martin said:

Dang, that thing is sweet.  What is the lead time to get one of those?  It looks like the 2350w motor with the extended 2245wh battery would run about $3500.  Yikes!  Do they keep them in stock or order them from China as orders are placed?

I know @kangzsy has one on order and tells me Daniel Kot is just waiting for the extra BMS's to come in so he build the extended packs. I would expect them to arrive in June. 

14 minutes ago, Jim Martin said:

Streets, and bike paths mostly.  Very little off-road

Well if money isn't a factor, you are regularly fighting cars and potholes, and you want to go as far as possible, the Monster is your guy. If you care about the feel of the ride itself and wanted to be able to use it for practical errands like shopping or to take it on public transport, an 18" wheel sounds like it would fit you best. 

On 5/22/2020 at 11:13 AM, Tom Martinez said:

hey guys I'm ready for a 100v euc with range. And I'm not sure about which one to choose. Think Its come down to Nik+, high-speed msp, or ovcourse the monster. If any of you have been able to ride one or more of these  let me know what you think. I would like to keep maintenance to a minimum but I know eventually they all need to be opened up.  Mobility isn't a big factor, im on the 1st floor,  has anyone gone over 40 mph, on any of these wheels?

Thanks 

I have both the 100v Monster V3 and the 100V Nikola+. Of the two, I think you want the Monster.

It's not about the motor,  the road conditions and hazards are what limit your speed. The Monster's huge wheel eats up bumps and it's so stable that you're confident riding faster. Whenever I ride with friends, they can't keep up. They have to slow down when the ride gets bumpy whereas the Monster just plows over everything. It also has good top end acceleration. It keeps pulling until you hit tilback speed or the beeps (good luck finding the beeps with that beast.) No speed wobbles!

Keep in mind there ARE tradeoffs. It's not what you'd call nimble, and it doesn't have the low end torque of the Nikola. Also, remember to brake early with the Monster. The Nikola is also surprisingly comfortable because of the compliant tire, and it sucks not having a trolley handle on the Monster. I think Jason once called the Monster a "locomotive" because of getting it going and stopping.

For fast road cruising, the Monster is one of a kind.

Edited by erk1024
  • Like 3

Well so far not impressed with EUCService.  Maybe they are on holiday?  I placed an order and sent a few different emails but can't get anyone to respond.  Their website is really confusing trying to figure out what to order.  Probably just gonna cancel the order and go with something stock.

45 minutes ago, Tom Martinez said:

Yes I found the website to be confusing as well,  I wanted the M.S.S but I'm going to go with the monster from ewheels I think. 

I'm about to back out, might just wait it out another year and see what drops.  I just am not hearing/seeing a lot of people loving the Monster V3.  No one here local in Dallas has one, wish I could test ride it.

On 5/23/2020 at 11:52 PM, erk1024 said:

Keep in mind there ARE tradeoffs. It's not what you'd call nimble, and it doesn't have the low end torque of the Nikola. Also, remember to brake early with the Monster. The Nikola is also surprisingly comfortable because of the compliant tire, and it sucks not having a trolley handle on the Monster. I think Jason once called the Monster a "locomotive" because of getting it going and stopping.

For fast road cruising, the Monster is one of a kind.

How much slower do you feel the monster is off the line?  Also, how does it handle around turns with speed?  I really wish the Monster had a bigger battery.  How is a wheel that big (100v) only have 1845Wh.  Maybe I could stuff another pack in there.

Edited by Jim Martin

I have the 84V 2400wh Monster and the 100V 1800wh MSP. For me, the Monster has good enough acceleration, but not like the MSP. The caveat for the Monster is accessing the power / torque. With that big diameter wheel you have to lean into that much harder. We are counteracting the body against the wheel with our feet & legs through the pedals and gripping the pads with our legs to get the torque to the wheel. Maybe I did not say that so well, but you get the idea. The smaller diameter MSP wheel is much easier to counteract the torque; or easier to lean into and get the acceleration or climb a hill. A 16 inch wheel Nikola... even easier. So the Monster is more tiring if you are 'getting jiggy with it'. But it is not bad just cruising along.

The Monster can make a 90 degree sidewalk turn easily with practice. Again, more effort and planning goes into it, but it is doable. Think of a Monster as a heavy SUV and an MSP as a Camaro SS. A Nikola might be a Toyota Supra. 

@erk1024 summed up the ride quality very well a few responses ago.

3 hours ago, Jim Martin said:

How much slower do you feel the monster is off the line?  Also, how does it handle around turns with speed?

I tested the Monster against the wheel that I had at the time, the 18XL. And the time to get to 50kph was actually almost the same with the Monster getting there maybe a smidge quicker. That was a surprise. I think how this works is that the 18XL pulls hard at the beginning, and then tapers off. With the Monster, the initial acceleration is definitely lower, but once you get it rolling it accelerates steadily, so before you know it, you are hitting max speed. It's that top end power that's addicting. Turns also feel really stable. Both the Nikola+ and the Monster have more of that gyro feel to them than the 18XL, so you have to lean a little harder. 

What do I mean by "stability"? For example, if I'm going fast on the 18XL or Nikola, then when I come to a turn I may have to bend a knee a bit to lean, then maybe it wants to wobble, so you slow down or adjust to dampen it out, or maybe you get some wobbles under heavy braking. In general, the Monster is very wobble resistant. On the 18XL you really feel the bumps. So if you get to a patch on a bike path where there is some rough pavement, potholes or roots pushing up the asphalt, you feel it through the pedals and the vibrations may be bad enough that you worry your feet might slide off. At that point, you just have to slow down and work your way through it. In all these situations, the Monster just handles it better. Unexpected features in the terrain don't affect the wheel as much, and so you spend less time slowing down. Once you're through the rough patch you go right back up to speed, with that great top end acceleration. The Monster never feels like it's laboring at higher speeds. My old 18XL (before the motor upgrade) would make a loud "torturing dilithium crystals" sound when I was pushing it hard. 

If you want to go consistently fast, the Monster is the weapon of choice IMHO.

Edited by erk1024
  • Like 3