18 " King Song or Gotway

BPINE

On 11/22/2015, 11:10:05, tinawong said:

Hi, friend,this is Tina from King Song, you can email me: tina@szkingsong.com 

Hi Tina,

I am looking to buy a kingsong 18" too and emailed you but have not heard back. Are these available from US or do they have to ship from China?

14 hours ago, mokwichi said:

Hi Tina,

I am looking to buy a kingsong 18" too and emailed you but have not heard back. Are these available from US or do they have to ship from China?

mokwichi  there are plenty of good dealers in the US problem is no one has an 18 in stock. Hmm does that really make them a legit good dealer ???

I don't know if that is a fair statement. If stock comes in and is sold, how does that reflect poorly on the importer? You seem to expect someone else to buy, store, and project future sales of a product that only comes from China on a slow boat (figuratively speaking.) Or maybe more accurately, you want someone to supply you with a model that you want today, and if it doesn't happen, the seller is to be considered suspect? That's just not right my friend.

2 hours ago, h00ktern said:

I don't know if that is a fair statement. If stock comes in and is sold, how does that reflect poorly on the importer? You seem to expect someone else to buy, store, and project future sales of a product that only comes from China on a slow boat (figuratively speaking.) Or maybe more accurately, you want someone to supply you with a model that you want today, and if it doesn't happen, the seller is to be considered suspect? That's just not right my friend.

I never said anyone was suspect, all I am saying is if you want to be in the business then stock them as well as parts. I have been in business for over 25 years and have many parts that are still on the shelf never sold, it is part of doing business but if one of my customers needs a part for something I sell I have it. All that being said this is a very new thing and people are just getting started so I will cut them a bit of slack but none of the vendors show any parts at all for what they carry and that is not good business as far as I am concerned.

I am just offering suggestions and comments to help not bashing anyone.

At least you have resellers there... ;) well, actually, a few weeks back I found the first Finnish reseller for Gotway MSuper (850Wh, don't know which speed version it is). The only problem is, it costs 2100€ (around $2300), but we have VAT of 24%, and before that, the importer has had to pay 12% import rate (calculated from both the purchase price AND shipping costs)... 

Edit: Marked as 34km/h top speed, so probably MS (middle speed).

7 hours ago, Colestien said:

@esaj  I thought it was you that posted a few days ago about a super Kingsong 18 being sold in Germany but the super mod guys?  You buying from them shouldn't be much different than me buying from Florida ....should it?

Sort of, at least to my knowledge there are no import taxes within the EU-countries, and only the VAT of the originating country where the product is purchased from needs to be paid (at least in most cases). I probably could get 1360Wh or 1500Wh KS 18 from 1RadWerkstatt for about the same price as 850Wh MSuper here  :P  Not that I'm looking to buy a new wheel right now, not much use in the winter without some modifications (battery heating & studded tire)...

Well it finally happened I took ownership of my new MSuper yesterday, I have about 30 miles on it now and couldn't be happier.  Everything went great I hooked it up to the app and made a few changes I have been just dreaming about and set out for my first ride at night. I have a very bright 50 watt helmet light which I used to used for mountain biking which works great. Got in a couple more rides in today and am getting ready to start my offroad adventures.

15 hours ago, BPINE said:

Well it finally happened I took ownership of my new MSuper yesterday, I have about 30 miles on it now and couldn't be happier.  Everything went great I hooked it up to the app and made a few changes I have been just dreaming about and set out for my first ride at night. I have a very bright 50 watt helmet light which I used to used for mountain biking which works great. Got in a couple more rides in today and am getting ready to start my offroad adventures.

Welcome to the MSuper club! That's great news!

On 13 декабря 2015 г. at 7:53 PM, BPINE said:

When you have broken that beast in, please tell us the maximum distance stats, your weight and ambient temperature. Thanks!

12 hours ago, bmadonna1401 said:

BPINE where did you buy your gotway from?

I got it for a local dealer in the Bay area Ca but he is out of stock now with more on the way if you live in the area.

12 hours ago, Cloud said:

When you have broken that beast in, please tell us the maximum distance stats, your weight and ambient temperature. Thanks!

I will Cloud, for now the longest I traveled is 19 miles I weight 145 lbs and the temp is in the low 50's, I was still riding with 3 lights on. I am not so sure I will ever go max distance but we will see.

Archived