KS 16X LED modding

Dubardo

One of my strip is pretty much dead, my soldering won't hold the shaky rides.

I want to replace them but was wondering if I could use any type of strip, like ones with way more LED so it's more of a line then distant spotting.

Anyone know how the light program will react to more led on the strip?

• Like 1

On 5/16/2020 at 3:59 PM, Dubardo said:

I want to replace them but was wondering if I could use any type of strip, like ones with way more LED so it's more of a line then distant spotting.

One important note - LED strips used in our EUCs are of special type. They are not standard RGB ones; they are so-called "addressable", one/three wire LED strips. Look for strips with "WS2812" or "SK6812" somewhere in description. Using double-density strips will make your light pattern twice as short, as rest of LEDs won't light at all or will light in a random way.

• Like 1

Also don't forget that because they are addressable, if the wheel has linked stop/brake/flashing lights they may well be affected if you mess with the main side ring leds. I don't know how the KS16X works, but for example on the MSX, if you fit the later (red ring) rear light to the earlier model, the ring will emit rainbow lights (not red) as it picks up the addressing from the vertical strips.

• Like 1