EUC Mythbusters KS16X best firmware to choose test + discussion.

DjPanJan

3 hours ago, DjPanJan said:

Mainboard v1.4 vs v1.5 have diferent pedal hardnes/stiff v1.5 on same FW 1.07 is mutch harder compare to 1.4 same FW 1.07

Fine, so at least my V1.4 board was not defective from the beginning, if you came to the same conclusion as I did last year. :thumbup:

3 hours ago, DjPanJan said:

After testing all Firmware on v1.4 as well as on v1.5 I personally kept v1.5 and FW 1.07
If I kept the mainboard 1.4 I would stay on fw 1.05 I was satisfied (and v1.5 + 1.07 is very close to v1.4 + FW1.05).

Thanks for saving me the trouble. I wanted to test 1.0.5 and 2.0.2 all the time with my V1.5 board. :efee612b4b:

• Like 3

I never tested the Control Board V1.4 with firmware 1.0.5, but only with 1.0.6 (absolute crap) and 1.0.7.
After a new Control Board V1.5 I rode 1500 km only with 1.0.7 and I am thrilled until today.
Of course there was always this urge to try the Ultimate Power Firmware 1.0.5, which was withheld from me.
To get this enormous acceleration and the unrestrained power, as it should have been there originally.
What kept me away was the faceplant risk.

Every time someone updated from 1.0.5 to 1.0.7 and then downgraded back to 1.0.5 because 1.0.7 was supposed to be garbage, the urge was rekindled.
I could save myself from this urge until today.

As you can read above, I have already updated to 2.0.2 and am neither disappointed nor really excited, as nothing has changed positively in terms of acceleration and braking. Now I'm sitting here with my throttled 16X and still can't enjoy the pure power of this wheel.

I've had enough of this, I want to finally meet the real 16X!!! So I thought, I have a good protection gear anyway, what do I care about the faceplant risk and the shitty lighting, I downgrade immediately to 1.0.5!

I was so excited, I could hardly get dressed because of all the excitement and I went out for the big off-road tour until the tire burns..............

Up on the wheel, fully pressed into the power-pads and off we go. I was mentally so well prepared for the enormous thrust that I naturally leaned forward in Superman style so that I wouldn't fall backwards when accelerating. Luckily I had these power pads, otherwise I would have tipped forward in slow motion. Hmm, did I expect too much? False start? Well, let's slow down and accelerate not from a standing start, but while I'm already riding 10-20 km/h.

Wow...what a surprise! Then the brake test! Just WOW!

While I'm still digesting these two experiences, I also get that spongy pedal feeling as I turn around at the end of my road and ride home as fast as I can, run into my house, and press the "Upgrade to 2.0.2" button.

In short: Firmware 1.0.5 is at least with Control Board V1.5 the biggest crap my 16X has ever seen! Nothing was better, rather worse, neither acceleration, braking and spongy pedal feel / tip over!

Edited by buell47
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, buell47 said:

Nothing was better, rather worse, neither acceleration, braking and spongy pedal feel / tip over!

Thank you this is confirmation what i found. FW1.05 is optimized for v1.4 board. 1.07(2.02) is optimised for v1.5 board. 

• Like 2