CY - H-5167 vs CY- H-5146 help

Patton250

What is the difference between these two tires? I ask because a while back I bought the 5167 from eWheels and put it on my Nik+. I absolutely love it. So much so I want to put that tire on my 16X. Talking with Zen at eWheels he told me the Chao Yang tire they have for both the Nik and 16X is the 5146. Are these tires are basically the same? Should I just get the 5146? Thanks.

On 10/14/2016 at 7:05 PM, xebeche said:

4. Chao Yang H-5146

Tire from harder rubber, but not like CST Rhino King, about half as hard. Pronounced and complex tread.
Pros: Most stable tire of all tested on any surface, it just goes where you want it to go without any unexpected surprises. Inmotion V5F+ is a very agile small wheel, which sometimes represented a challenge for relatively inexperienced driver like me (total of 800km in 45 days) when faced with nasty road anomalies , but this tire gives it another dimension in stability without compromising manoeuvrability! Very good directional stability and handling of vertical anomalies on the asphalt surfaces. Good grip both on asphalt and gravel.
Cons: Could be better when bumping into curbs, but this is not a real con, only wishful thinking after being spoiled by bump amortisation performance of the Schwalbe Big Apple, which is the only tire out of the tested ones that is better in this regard.
This tire has quite pronounced grip and therefore two slick tires have a little bit lower rolling resistance.

5. Chao Yang H-5167

Medium soft tire with added puncture protection layer. Very complex and relatively pronounced tread.
Pros: This tire forced me to rethink the score table. I expected something quite similar to Chao Yang H-5146 just with added puncture protection, and although these two tires share many good characteristics, this is in some aspects entirely different beast. In one word – SPEED – this thing rolls like crazy, I was actually convinced that my V5F+ somehow restored to the lower speed limit after the tire change because I have never before reached 25km/h speed limit and tiltback so easily. And the best thing is that it manages to maintain almost all of that wonderful control and stability that H-5146 exhibits. Great handling of anomalies on the road, good impact absorption when bumping into curbs, not bumpy while jumping… and on top all of that it has additional puncture protection layer.
Cons: Slightly less (5-10%) controllable than H-5146, probably due to crazy good rolling resistance

(same applies to other sizes of the same tire...)

• Like 2

That was amazing. Thank you so much for posting that. I mean that’s exactly what I was looking for.  I think I would prefer the 5167 but eWheels doesn’t have it 

• Like 1

On 4/28/2020 at 6:34 PM, Patton250 said:

That was amazing. Thank you so much for posting that. I mean that’s exactly what I was looking for.  I think I would prefer the 5167 but eWheels doesn’t have it 

https://www.1radwerkstatt.de/ i buy 2 pieces 14 days ago. Because is my stock tire batch2 and i no want change to other type. 🚀👍

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

To avoid making a new H-5167 thread:

Is the CY H-5167 retired at the same time as H-666?
They seem to be all sold out or inexistant..

I would like to get one for my 16S (which currently has a CST C-1737 which is a bit meh)

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/3/2020 at 11:15 PM, null said:

To avoid making a new H-5167 thread:

Is the CY H-5167 retired at the same time as H-666?
They seem to be all sold out or inexistant..

I would like to get one for my 16S (which currently has a CST C-1737 which is a bit meh)

The H-5167 has always been difficult to find, and I hunted for one in 16x2.5” for a few years before a fellow forum member shipped me one directly from China.

• Like 1