wheel distortion by pot-hole

deddycool

1 minute ago, deddycool said:

https://imgur.com/a/Wxhw0ns

Hi all!

I have a KS 18XL wheel and today I got an ugly distortion on the wheel because I run into a big put-hole on the road. It's annoying cause I can hear the wheel.touches the inside of the cover a little bit. Does anyone has same experience? Any idea how to fix it? 

Bent rim....hmm....some have managed to gently bend it back into shape, but do consider that it won't conserve 100% of its structural strength. Hopefully others who have had the issue will pop by this thread and be able to help you more than me

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, travsformation said:

Bent rim....hmm....some have managed to gently bend it back into shape, but do consider that it won't conserve 100% of its structural strength. Hopefully others who have had the issue will pop by this thread and be able to help you more than me

yes I thought it's not gonna be the same anymore but maybe someone know a solution. do you know how much would cost if I change it for a brand new? is it possible at all?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, buell47 said:

Looks fixable. 

My rim was more bent. 

Screenshot-20200417-084841-Quick-Pic.jpg

After repair without disassemble the wheel:

Wow. Nice work. Did you ride the wheel while you having this? I think Im gonna do the samr job on it.

Is a bent rim not much of a concern because:

1. The tire has an inner tube, so the tire bead seal is not important? 
  2. The EUC doesn't travel at automobile speeds, so perfect balance is not that critical? 

• 4 months later...